Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Wanted POS App for Sale (Lowest Bidder)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted POS App for Sale (Lowest Bidder)

Alpha Experts please pm me for your lowest quote of a desktop application that is suitable for a grocery store with multi user capability with SQL server as the Backend database. The application is exactly the same with Alphasports sample application except that it will not use the browse control and the data entry should be done using just the keyboard, the mouse is strongly discouraged to be used, the cashier should use as few keystroke as possible to enter sales and collect payments.It is just for learning purposes.Thanks very much!

Re: Wanted POS App for Sale (Lowest Bidder)

I hope someone can help, I searched for freelancers and found out that Alpha is not listed as the development tools of freelancers worldwide.Just wondering why alpha five is not included,I hope alpha experts will also join the club.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JetLi; 12-18-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I suppose you can read all about that here on this very forum.

Comment

Marcel,

You really expect Jetson to read all through that thread? To what end, I ask?
        Regards
        Keith Hubert
        Alpha Guild Member
        London.
        KHDB Management Systems
        Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

To understand that one can ask a simple question, but that does not necessarily mean that the answer is simple as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mronck View Post
            To understand that one can ask a simple question, but that does not necessarily mean that the answer is simple as well.
            How very true!!
            Regards
            Keith Hubert
            Alpha Guild Member
            London.
            KHDB Management Systems
            Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Hey Guys, Please Help!PM me please.

I forgot to specify, scanners will be used and I think the CSDA Barcode Product will be suitable for this type, the problem now to be solved is to make sure the sales details will be entered correctly and efficiently by not using the embedded browse control. It maybe two or more cashiers will be entering sales data.

It's midnight here in our place now, I will try to wake up after 2 hours to see my inbox, i hope someone will help me.
              Last edited by JetLi; 12-18-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

You might want to post your project and what you are willing to pay here: http://www.alphadevnet.com/
                Bill Griffin
                Parkell, Inc

Comment

If you are going to use the product from CSDA, why don't ask Ira Perlow what it would cost to integrate this into your application?

Comment

Lowest Bidder:

http://intuitpayments.com/POS/products-53CT-43912G.html

Comment

I hope ALpha Five Developers can create a POS by using Alpha Five version 11 and SQL server 2008 or 2012 Express edition and offer it for sale. There is a so called web app framework, I hope somebody like Steve Wood can create a Desktop App framework.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Klimeck View Post
                        we had a conversation with online chat, unfortunately it is only for US citizens, this is what I hate living in 3rd world countries.

Comment

Well JetLi, the whole point is, anybody will be keen to accept a good job, but like you, we too need to make some money with our precious time. And although you of course always hope to get a low offer, asking for "the lowest bidder" upfront will not help you very much. If you want quality work, you need to be prepared to pay accordingly for it. Time IS money, and good work deserves a good price.

Another thing is, that you did not mention the exact specifications of what you want to be build. That also does not help. "Suitable for a grocery store" and "the same as Alpha Sports" are not quite the specifications developers are looking for. You should have a good application design ready, or have it made up to specifications of functionality. So whatever you do, you need to put in some work, effort and money into it yourself.

Comment

Well Marcel, anybody can say their price, that is why I said PM me, I didn't say they post their price here on the thread, if someone says $50,000 then he/she would understand if I say to him/her that I cannot afford, because I said its the lowest bidder, if someone says its $10 then I would have to accept his/her work for $10 because it maybe the price I can afford. Anyway, I have never heard someone or any government agency who wants to buy something and say, we want the Highest bidder. I'm sure anybody can understand what I mean. I wouldn't sell my alpha five application for $1,000, it may get me out of business, If I want my time to be well paid off, then I would probably be a lawyer, a doctor or a programmer with a Bill Gates mind, or Steve Jobs Caliber. SO if someone will say their time is $1,000 per hour then I would say sorry because I want the lowest bidder. Quality is not about price---------------sometimes. And yeah, I really hate to be poor.Well Marcel, this is the life of poor people sometimes, we hate it. To get quality education quality health, quality programs, we really need money right.

Comment

Maybe I should change my requirement, It would be to just change the alpha sports dbf to use SQL server. and save the invoice efficiently and fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X