Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

conditional object and button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

conditional object and button

Hi,

I want to use a button to change the objects inside the conditional object. It's possible to do, if yes how ? they exist some sample ?

Thank you
    Cristiano
    [email protected]

Re: conditional object and button

Hi Christiano,
    to change the objects inside the conditional object
    What do you want to change them to?

With a button, set a variable to either True or False. Your conditional object can show each layer that matches the value of your variable.
    Regards
    Keith Hubert
    Alpha Guild Member
    London.
    KHDB Management Systems
    Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Hi Keith,

I know how to change some objects( labels, textbox , eccetera) in the conditional objects wit radio button or combobox , but I'm not able to change these objects if I want to use the button and not radio buttons.
      I insert in my form a button and than?
      I set a variable option=.t. but the button properties is not like the field properties where I can set to variable . Do you have a sample to show me ?
      Cristiano
      [email protected]

Comment

Cristiano,

The onPush event for the button could set or change variable values used in the expressions you defined in the CO. The script could then refresh or resynch the form ( or possibly the CO object itself ) to see the results. If this is not what you are asking about please supply more details and an example for us.

Comment

Not sure if this is what you are asking about but here is very simple sample.
          Attached Files
          Regards
          Keith Hubert
          Alpha Guild Member
          London.
          KHDB Management Systems
          Skype = keith.hubert

Comment

Hi,

Not exactly what I try to do, however ... I can try to do something for my scope .

I would like to insert more than 1 button , and OnPush event change the conditional object
            Cristiano
            [email protected]

Comment

Cristiano,

Conditional objects consist of separate "layers", each of which is tied to an expression. When the results of the expression change a different "layer" of the CO surfaces and is visible. Are you trying to select the desired "layer" with a button push or are you talking about something else?

Comment

Hi Thom,
                Itry to select layer with some buttons
                Cristiano
                [email protected]

Comment

C,

Ok.

Do you know how to define the layers of the CO? If so, use an expression that returns a result based on the value of a variable. Then use buttons to set the variable's value, and refresh or resynch the form, as mentioned above.

Comment

C,

I've extended Keith's good example to show how the CO layer can be "selected" by onPush event scripts in buttons on the form. Unzip and extract the attached files to an empty folder.

Comment

Ok Thanks,
                      but if ( for example) I need 5 buttons that change 5 layers, I need also 5 variables ?
                      Cristiano
                      [email protected]

Comment

if ( for example) I need 5 buttons that change 5 layers, I need also 5 variables ?
                        Could be 5 variables, or could be other fields that get their value changed?
                        Regards
                        Keith Hubert
                        Alpha Guild Member
                        London.
                        KHDB Management Systems
                        Skype = keith.hubert

Comment

C,

I'd use a different datatype for the variable. Logical variables can only be either true or false. If your variable were numeric, your buttons should use the same variable, but 5 values. Clear?

Comment

Ok,

but in your sample I have only 2 button and two variable and, is it TRUE or FALSE, But if set the variable to a number so I Can use more than 2 button . I can have the same result ?

I tell you that because I want to create a Master Form where,depending on the button pressed, appear some different function menus
                            Cristiano
                            [email protected]

Comment

C,

If the datatype of the variable is numeric, you could have as many buttons as the largest number your variable might hold.
                              First button sets the variable to 1.
                              Second button sets the variable to 2
                              Third button sets the variable to 3
                              do I need to go on?

I think not.

It's time for you to adapt my example to work with a numeric variable and multiple buttons. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X