Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

FTP Commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP Commands

Hi everyone, I am attempting my first FTP with Alpha and I have attached the following code onto a form button:-
    cmd=FTP_MakeCommandList("c:\users\david\desktop\transferfolder", "ftp."+trim(domain), trim(username), trim(password), "+" + crlf() + ".shtml")
    ftp_script_run("test",cmd,.f.)
    I have placed a single test.html file in my specified pc folder and when I click on the button, I get a Dialog box saying "Uploading file test.html to test.html
    Transferred: 0 bytes"
    The dialog box closes after about a minute but does not transfer the file. I am assuming that is must be almost correct and that it has sucessfully logged into the remote site for me to get the dialog box appear?
    Anyone got any ideas why the transfer is not happening please.
    David

Re: FTP Commands

Do you have access to the ftp server to be able to watch the commands as they are being received? One place to start is to print out the commands in the cmd variable and tick them off as they are executed by the server.

Bill.

Comment

hello

is there an advantage to use your technique over ftp_put_file?
      Last edited by GGandhi; 07-23-2013, 09:30 AM.
      thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
      mysql backend
      http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
      [email protected]
      1 914 924 5171

Comment

Many thanks for the replies. So after a further inspection, I discovered that the file transfer did work, but that the file was uploaded to FTP://mysite.com// and I am wanting it to upload to FTP://mysite.com//public_html
        Also, it only uploaded one file, if I add further files to my local folder, it ignores them.
        Paths are not a strong point for me, my first thought was to simply add "/public_html" to my ftp address, unfortunately, I am then unable to login with this address and I get an error message.
        What I am wanting to achieve is have a desktop folder that may contain any number of different files at any one time. I then want to choose one of my table records that contains domain name, username and password fields, and when I click on my Upload button, for all those local folder files to upload to the relevant ftp address.
        David

Comment

hello
          i am not sure you saw my post.
          you can not login using sub-folder names.
          but you can define the destination folder
          so you need to modify your xbasic code to reflect that.
          take a look at
          ftp_put_file()
          ftp_put_file_multiple()
          functions.
          thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
          mysql backend
          [email protected]
          1 914 924 5171

Comment

Thanks Gandhi, yes I did read it and was just reading ftp_put_file_multiple() and trying to work out how to simply list all the folder files, maybe filefind.list_new_files()
            Will do a bit of playing about and keep you updated
            David

Comment

I would think you should use Bill's suggestion. Examine the commands generated. If they aren't doing what you want, save them and edit the script generated. Should be as simple as modifying the put commands to include the subfolder in the path.
              There can be only one.

Comment

hello

stan is probably correct and he knows the best.
                i just tried adding files manually to a folder and uploaded to a subfolder using
                ftp_put_files_multiple(ftp.com, user_name, user_password, list, parent_folder, destination_folder,.f.)
                but the list is added manually. i want you to know.
                thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
                mysql backend
                [email protected]
                1 914 924 5171

Comment

I don't know any reason to recommend one way or the other but I've never had any problem with the

FTP_MakeCommandList()

where you can modify the script and add error messages, substitute variables, etc.
                  There can be only one.

Comment

Sorry but am getting nowhere with this, after clicking on button with FTP_MakeCommandList() on it, all I see in the cmd variable is:-
                    "connect|ftp.mysite.com o"
                    When I use an FTP program to see if it was sucessful, I see only one of the file names in the FTP address folder, but it is an empty file with 0 bytes.
                    Given that I need the files to be in a different folder anyway, the public_html folder, I am struggling to see how this command can possibly be of any use to me.
                    I do have a non Alphe 5 solution, but was just hoping that I could do it all within Alpha
                    David

Comment

I have just found a thread for a similar problem, it was never resolved:-
                      FTP won't run on customer's computer.
                      Started by CALocklin, 02-27-2007 08:57 PM
                      That was over 6 years ago, perhaps someone has some fresh ideas now?
                      David

Comment

The ftp script generated should resemble

Code:
                        Connect|ftp.mysite.com
                        onerror|error|Could not connect
                        Login|servername/directoryname|password
                        onerror|error|Could not log in
                        cd|/
                        cd|destinationdirectory
                        cd|destinationsubdirectory
                        binary
                        put|completelocalfilenamewithdriveandpath|onlythefilename
                        Quit
                        There can be only one.

Comment

Guess that's the problem Stan, and I have no idea why. Can see no firewall problem, must be something very elusive.
                          David

Comment

Take the script I posted, modify it to reflect your actual values for directories, passwords, etc.

See if ftp_script_run("test",cmd,.f.) will run that.

Might tell us whether the FTP_MakeCommandList() is choking.
                            There can be only one.

Comment

Thanks Stan, have done that and I get a "Could not log in" error message.
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X