Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Printing browse fails--"Internal error 3020"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing browse fails--"Internal error 3020"

When trying to print a default browse in A5 V11 I get an error message: "Internal error 3020," "Cardsystem parameter error." Does someone know what this means and what needs correcting? Thanks. Richard Overman

Re: Printing browse fails--"Internal error 3020"

I would suggest reinstalling Alpha. Browses aren't designed for printing but trying still shouldn't result in an error.

You do have a printer defined for the machine in question and it is selected in Alpha?

Several threads found searching for 3020, this seems pertinent.

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...highlight=3020
    Last edited by Stan Mathews; 09-02-2013, 09:14 PM.
    There can be only one.

Comment

Thanks, Stan. I'm not perfectly sure how to reinstall Alpha. My present installation of A5V11 is Build 3381, and I don't have a DVD, only the following four files in my Download folder:
      a5V11_full_patch, 75.1MB, dated 6/28/12
      a5V11_full_patch (1), 75.1MB, dated 7/20/12
      a5V11_full_patch (2), 76.3MB, dated 11/29/12,
      a5V11_full_patch (3), 77.0MB, dated 4/13/13.
      Should I uninstall my current version first? If so, will the full patch dated 4/13/13 serve to reinstall the whole program?
      Thanks.
      Richard Overman

Comment

Should I uninstall my current version first? If so, will the full patch dated 4/13/13 serve to reinstall the whole program?
        No.

Answer the question.

You do have a printer defined for the machine in question and it is selected in Alpha?
        If so, have you followed the suggestions in the link first?

If that doesn't work you will need to obtain the original installation file.

Didn't save that? Contact customer service.
        There can be only one.

Comment

Today I tried to print one of many report forms I had generated in A5V10 in 2011 and from which I was able to print normally. (The report forms normally print out only an author name, a book title, and the name of a location in my library.) For this effort today I tried both my printers, an HP Laserjet4 and a Canon Pixma iP8500, making sure that when I tried each printer I had set it as the default printer in Windows and also selected it in Print Setup in Alpha5. But using A5V11 I get the same error message I saw when trying to print a browse a couple of days ago.
          Thanks again for following up!
          Richard Overman

Comment

I solved my problem by reinstalling A5V10--once I was using V10 again instead of V11, my reports have printed out perfectly. (Installing Version 10 again involved obtaining a new activation key number from Alpha's Customer Service.) I did reinstall V11 after discovering my original A5V11 installation download file stored on a backup hard disk drive, and then I installed the latest full patch (Build 3381). But when I tried to print my reports from within the newly-installed Version 11 using the same printer setup that had just worked with V10, the message "Internal error 3020" appeared again. Since maintaining my book database is about all I do with Alpha5, I'll just keep using Version 10 and let more experienced hands try to discover what caused the glitch I've found in Version 11.
            I appreciate the help from this Forum--good luck to all!
            Richard Overman

Comment

Richard,

I encourage you to submit a formal bug report ( from the Help menu in Alpha Five ), including sample data and report forms. This is an opportunity to help the forum users, so I hope you'll take advantage of it.

-- tom

Comment

I encountered the "Cardsystem parameter error", in v.11

It ocurred on a "print report" button set up with an action script in older version.
                This was converted to XBasic - same error.

New button code done in v.11 using action scripting for same "print report" worked fine with no error.

In case it helps I have experienced little problems like this where using coding from an old version which used to work in v.9, but failed on v.11.
                Re-doing the code solved the problem.

(Looking at old converted code, it was more verbose in old version than newer version - so Alpha has improved the conversion. Long live Alpha!)

Robin

Comment

That is an excellent point Robin.
                  It pays to regenerate code, even without rewriting by opening the form/button/script and resaving in the new version.
                  I've just had a few issues with this when testing a V10.5 app in V11. Trouble is, it's not always that obvious to non developers.
                  See our Hybrid Option here;
                  https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
                  You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

Well thanks for your kind words Ted.

But yes I did later also find I had to redo the Report to make it all work OK !
                    And yes regenerating the code alone normally works.

Robin

Comment

Working...
                    X