Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Out of memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Out of memory

Gene, does Ted's application build satisfactorily if you DON'T encrypt his scripts?

Comment

Tom, I did not encrypt Ted's scripts when I tried to build Ted's app.

Dave; Alpha is loaded onto C drive as well as the copy of my app that I am trying to build. Do I need to use reg edit to clean out all of Alpha? I would like some direction in doing that as a little knowledge can be dangerous in that arena.

I will go to my email link to reload after cleaning everything out. My application source is on a separate drive. Do I need to do anything there before a re-install?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

One more thought. Is the order in which I download the software from the list important? i.e. Developer before Runtime or whatever?

Gene

Comment

The order isn't, but you will need to apply the patches as well.
          For each of the dev and rt you will have a patch. When loaded, check the versions are the same.

There are instructions regarding clearing the registry on this forum. Search for registry. Basically, copy the registry before changing anything.
          See our Hybrid Option here;
          https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
          You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

Thanks Ted

Comment

Ted,

My registry contains an entry for Alpha V8.0 as well as 11.0 and Runtime 11.0. Is the 8.0 entry a possible conflict?

Gene

Comment

The 8.0 should not conflict.
                Be sure to run a registry cleaner after the uninstall and after everything is gone off the disk.
                If you don't have one, several are out there and are free.
                cccleaner come so mind.
                Dave Mason
                [email protected]
                Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Thank you Dave.

Comment

Ureka! I have created an install. The problem had nothing to do with the application but rather a registry problem. Thanks to Dave Mason for suggesting CCleaner. I thought I would try to run that before re-installing Alpha just to see what would happen and cleaning up some old Alpha pointers and eliminating the reference to an old version of Alpha did the trick.

Thanks to all!

NEXT QUESTION:

Can I send the link to Runtime to a customer with my license number? The size of the file is too big for an attachment.

Thanks,

Gene

Comment

I use a folder on a hosted site for this, like http://www.aldaweb.com/tickets(folder)/whatevername.exe or place the file on there as a .zip and they can still download it.

Use dropbox is another way.

Then email them the license key or better include a file in the folder called license.key as a text file with nothing in it but the license number.
                      I personally use astrum and plant the license key directly intop the registry during the install.
                      Dave Mason
                      [email protected]
                      Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Sorry Gene, I have to ask.
                        Who dresses you in the morning?

Sorry, that was unfair.
                        There are a couple of ways to get the application to the user.
                        1) Big Bang. That is where you build the package and it includes the RT and the App files all together. The user can then install with one click. Place the package on a server, or share a link on Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
                        2) Incremental. That is where you have the RT and App separate. Installing the RT and adding the patches is carried out as a separate process to installing the app., which is deployed as a separate zipped item. When the user launches RT, then they need to find the unzipped app and run it. More complex but necessary in some situations. The components can be on the server of your choice or a shared link.
                        3) Read this
                        http://wiki.alphasoftware.com/~alpha...me_Application and choose your method.

Word of warning. If you are installing on Win7. Put the data in a different directory to the RT engine. Try and avoid using the Program Files folder as Windows dislikes changes and you will have problems. The user should NOT be using OneNote and it is best that this is removed as it can cause a whole lot of problems. The user should launch the package(s) by Run as Administrator, and also it is sensible to run a Compatibility Check.

On the other hand, you may find that the install is a breeze, but now you are aware of some of the pitfalls, and using the license.key file will work. Note, it is NOT license.key.txt which is what you will end up with if you are not careful
                        Last edited by Ted Giles; 06-05-2014, 03:32 AM.
                        See our Hybrid Option here;
                        https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
                        You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X