Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

A5_Error_Show method not found ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A5_Error_Show method not found ???

In a script that has been working w/o incident - the following error occurs:

addin.variables().a5_error_show( Script:JE Post line:247
    a_pr[qi].ln = inc_lno
    Variable type mismatch: Cannot assign data of type 'C' to variable of type 'A'.
    a_pr[] not found. ) : Property not found
    *INTERMEDIATE_00000084.a5_error_show method not found.

The script has already been processing an array a_pr[] when this occurs and the output to the Trace window shows the values of its subelements
    this is the section where the error is triggered - and the format is the same as in the prior sections except for the LABEL:

Code:
    'CHECK FOR EE_401K percent
    tpay.fetch_first()
    WHILE .not. tpay.fetch_eof()  
     if tpay.EE_401K > 0 
      x=Z+3   
      tn=tpay.ee_401k_pt
      memostr = tpay.fileno+tpay.filecode+" "+alltrim(a_je[x].memo)
     else
      goto SKIP401
     end if
     qi=qi+1
     inc_lno = increment_value(inc_lno) 
     a_pr[qi].ln = inc_lno
     getfileno = alltrim(tpay.fileno)
     a_pr[qi].nme = ALLTRIM(lookupc("F",getfileno,"QB_NAME","EMPLOYEE","FILENO"))   
     a_pr[qi].coa = a_je[x].coa 
     a_pr[qi].memo = memostr  
     a_pr[qi].type = a_je[x].type
     a_pr[qi].amt = tn
     TRACE.WriteLn("a_je"+x+" a_pr"+qi+" "+memostr+" "+tn) 
     SKIP401:
     tpay.fetch_next()
    END WHILE
    The SKIP401 label is a new addition but the script has been working fine in the several weeks since I added it. There is only one record that needs this part so the lookupc() is not hindering the script's speed. If there is a typo or format error I am not seeing it. I am also getting a field rule error on the default value in one of the tables which I deleted & compacted (no other field rules) but the error is still showing in the trace when this script is run.

I have incr_lno dimmed as C but when using in increment_value() the error says it I cannot assign a Type 'C' to Type 'A' - even though the rest of the script has done it about 5 times before!

I added Error_Reporting() to the top of the script but it didn't show any other errors. I have my own error handler in the script but this error is not in the format my error script uses - so I am thinking its a system problem?
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Re: A5_Error_Show method not found ???

I have incr_lno dimmed as C
    Seed value?

Inrementing a character value can be problematic.
    It works as
    There can be only one.

Comment

The addin.variables() error is gone (maybe...) my problem seems to be using a property array and setting the subelements to the right type when I assign values to them.

Ex:
      dim tn as n
      dim t1 as p
      tn = t1.dept_pay 'a numeric amount

'now assign the variable to the property array
      a_je[qi].amt = tn 'generates the error that I can't assign a value of N to an A type

From what I gather in the help assigning the value IS what sets the subelement type - is this wrong? Must I dim all the elements first? Because this has been working fine til today.

The incr_lno variable is given a default char value before it is incremented Ex: "B00", "C00", etc. (alpha-numeric) which tested ok in the IW.

I am using some of the same variables over in this script and am checking that I have not accidently assigned the wrong type value to the var, but that does not seem to be the problem - rather it is these property array subelements.

I am making some progess however since now it is not erring until line 254 in my 479 line script!

btw - I thought the purpose of an A type variable was that it COULD take any value assigned to it. Though I realize that must be consistently applied when using the subelement again. Ie, if the first value given it is N then any other assignments must also be N - makes sense to me.
      Last edited by MoGrace; 11-26-2014, 11:37 PM.
      Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Here are some screenshots of what this script is doing. JE_LINE is the template table for structuring the a_je[] array with data from the tables in a set which form is open to the current pay period. JE_IMPOUND is the resulting data that the GJ_REP is based on - this is what gets imported into QB as a general journal entry.
        Attached Files
        Robin

Comment

This may not be relevant but ...

a_pr[qi].ln = inc_lno

inc_lno or incr_lno
          Tim Kiebert
          Eagle Creek Citrus
          A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

That is what I'm still working on - checking for typos. The original script still works in the companion database. There are minor differences in the data, so I figured I'd tweak the one that has less data. Keeping two payrolls in synch for two QB files (different versions) for two companies, is a project I wish I had never started!
            Robin

Comment

Robin

How are you extracting the data from QuickBooks?
              Al Buchholz
              Bookwood Systems, LTD
              Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
              Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
              Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
              When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
              "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."
              Albert Einstein

http://www.iadn.com/images/media/iadn_member.png

Comment

Hi Al,
                I am not extracting the data FROM QB, I am importing data from my timeclock to A5, exporting it to my payroll service then back in A5 I summarize the data to create a general journal entry as a csv file that I import INTO Quickbooks. I am using 01Transaction Importer Pro v5 for this from Baystate Consulting.

This way all the payroll detail is in Alpha which is where I can search the data for reporting that otherwise only the payroll service would have.
                Last edited by MoGrace; 11-27-2014, 05:18 PM.
                Robin

Comment

Well it took me forever to figure out why this JE_Post script worked in one adb and not the other. It seems that in this file, it is possible for one employee to have deductions for Aflac, Co pay, Loan and 401k in the same week. Therefore the size of my array is not just for 7 employees, but for 7 X 4! The error was consistently occurring when the increment value passed 7. Whereas the other file has more employees and never reached the same limit, else it would have erred too.

I suppose I should try dynamic sizing...
                  Robin

Comment

Working...
                  X