Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Runtime Error - LoadLibrary() ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runtime Error - LoadLibrary() ?

I ran the RegistryFiles.bat which did not confirm anything. So I copied and pasted each regsvr32 & dll in the Run window. All of them were confirmed except this one which failed:

regsvr32 c:\a5v11RT\XbasicActiveScripting.dll

The error was:

RT_errmsg.png

which means what exactly? And why is the LoadLibrary() even used?

I have the v10 runtime installed but wanted to upgrade to v11 which is causing me mucho problemas...

All I am getting is a blank window with A5 in the title bar. The v10 runtime is however loading the server app fine - so far. I had it up a couple of times yesterday then edited the shortcut and now nothing. Even without the shortcut, I cannot get the program to load.

Is this file that erred crucial - anybody?
    Last edited by MoGrace; 08-10-2015, 06:50 PM.
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Re: Runtime Error - LoadLibrary() ?

I can't get this runtime up - what concerns should I have if I use the v10 runtime to run a v11 app?

I suppose I should add that this is an XpPro sp3 machine with .NET 1 - 4 installed, accessing a 2003 server.
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

There have been issues reported if the developer and runtime builds don't match. Can't imagine running different versions.
      There can be only one.

Comment

Hi Stan,
        I can understand that different versions might have problems, but do you know if it is possible to have more than one runtime version on the same computer with v11? I have v8 and v10 and there were no problems getting v10 to run. So I am guessing that maybe this is not true for v11. I've uninstalled , reinstalled and re downloaded and reinstalled again, but cannot get anything except a blank window titled A5 - even without loading the app in question.
        Robin

Comment

Robin,
          Have v8, v10.5, v11 and v12 all on a win8.1 machine. No issues.
          I would not try running v11/v12 apps with v10 or v10.5. In fact, very build careful as well. If a glitch exists in an older version and it was working good in the latest dev the older runtime still has the glitch.
          Dave Mason
          [email protected]
          Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Robin:

I would manually erase the XBasicActiveScripting.dll, and then re-install the entire application. Perhaps that dll is corrupt, and the Wise Install does not overwrite it?

I, like Dave, have several versions running on my XP machine. This is an isolated issue with your machine. (Nothing personal meant there...)

Comment

Hi Craig,
              Couldn't I delete the file and copy it over from another machine where the runtime is working?

And just to be clear, you guys say you have different RUNTIME versions on the same machine?
              Robin

Comment

Originally posted by MoGrace View Post
                Hi Craig,
                Couldn't I delete the file and copy it over from another machine where the runtime is working?

And just to be clear, you guys say you have different RUNTIME versions on the same machine?
                Robin I have multiple runtime versions on XP and Windows 7. Both systems work well.
                Al Buchholz
                Bookwood Systems, LTD
                Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
                Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
                Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
                When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
                "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."
                Albert Einstein

http://www.iadn.com/images/media/iadn_member.png

Comment

Robin:

I have 9 - 12V3 all on the same machine, and all work.

Yes, delete and copying the file from a working machine should be fine, but you can also re-run the installer. (I am guessing you already tried that...)

It's something with that machine you are working with.

Comment

Robin:

Do me a favor.... being that your error message talks about 'Memory', try starting the machine under a new user profile and see if the runtime opens.

If not, try opening the runtime in Safe Mode.

Comment

Craig,
                      I am not at the machine at the moment, but I did check user privileges on the server for that cpu and had to change it to Administrator. I also had a bit of trouble getting the shared folders set up correctly on the server. But that should only affect the app not the program itself. Something I recall about turning off the read only checkbox for the folder - as I was unable to edit the text file that starts the app and have the changes saved.

Everybody logs onto their workstations with the same logon and password. So how do I change to my Admin profile once I log on? This stuff was set up so long ago I can't remember anything...
                      Robin

Comment

Robin:

Here's what I am driving at.... I am looking to see if:

1) There is any corruption or infection at the user level. I have had user profiles become infected, and then have had to re-create the profile before that person could work normally, again.

2) With Safe Mode, we are testing to see if there is there a program (other than Alpha itself) that is causing a memory conflict.

So, it sounds like a domain environment? Are users created and setup on the 2003 server?

If so, just sign in as some other user besides the user you have signed in as in your attempts to get it to work.

As for safe mode WITH NETWORKING, sign in as you usually do, into the domain, and try to open Alpha. Safe mode will open just the basic services. If ALpha does work properly, then we know it's a third party app that is causing your issue.

Comment

Robin,
                          Please verify.
                          You can install runtime, but it does not open correctly because a dll is not registered and won't register. Is that right?
                          as Craig said, user corruption/ admin priviliges , 3rd party app somewhere, local span/virus or other, etc...
                          I really think this has nothing to do with the server yet.

If it shows up when/after trying to connect to the data, then go to the server/connections/registered server users. Is the RT the same version and build as what was used on the data?
                          Dave Mason
                          [email protected]
                          Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Originally posted by MoGrace View Post
                            I can't get this runtime up - what concerns should I have if I use the v10 runtime to run a v11 app?

I suppose I should add that this is an XpPro sp3 machine with .NET 1 - 4 installed, accessing a 2003 server.
                            I run different versions of the runtime that do not match the version of the developer all the time. Never had a problem. The only time you may have a problem is if you have something in your app or code that is only supported by a newer version. I have run V12 built apps on V11 and V10.5 runtimes and never had an issue but none of my apps have V11 or V12 specific code in them. Running a lower version built on a higher version runtime should never be a problem unless Alpha took something out which I do not think they have as they are focused on the web side of AA and not doing jack shit with the desktop side.

That said, the biggest reason to try and get v11 to work is that v10.5 is not directly compatible with Windows 8.x and above. It does however run beautifully on Windows 10 in compatibility mode. V11 runs on Windows 10 perfect and does not require you run it in compatibility mode.

As for having more than 1 runtime on a machine at a time? I have v10.5 v11 and v12 runtimes all on the same machine and they all work just fine. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate so I do not know if it would pose any problems on XP as I know XP has some funny administrator privilege issues at times.

The one thing I will ask is when you try to run the V11 runtime, have you run it with full administrator privileges?

Comment

Well I am having some success at last when logging in with my user name. So it must be a profile issue? I tried (at the server) to copy every setting I could find to the other profile so it matches mine - but I must be missing something...

I will try adding a new user tomorrow and see if the wizard gives me any insight.

You guys are really a great help - and saved me $300 from not having to buy another developer license!
                              Robin

Comment

Working...
                              X