Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Windows 10 upgrade breaks the Amyuni PDF driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 upgrade breaks the Amyuni PDF driver

We have received lots of support calls from our V11 Runtime customers after Windows 10 has automatically upgraded with their anniversary update and they can no longer save reports as a PDF. We must then instruct them to remove the V4p5 Amyuni driver then run their V11 app as administrator to reload the PDF driver, we had to go through the same procedure when they first switched to the free Windows 10. We also have to instruct the user to reset their default PDF reader to Microsoft Edge and re set the Windows 'Use my last printer as the default' to 'Off'.

Cannot see any other references to this problem on this message board. Are we the only Windows 10 upgrade victims?

Michael

Re: Windows 10 upgrade breaks the Amyuni PDF driver

Personally, I like how XP appears & works, so I had to tweak my Win10 quite a bit to turn off all its interfering new features that had my cpu running constantly and using up 50% of my 8 gb of ram. That included Cortana, Store, Location, Edge, and reinstalling IE 11 and Acrobat 11 and Firefox. I also found a program called Classic Shell that gives me the option of using the XP start menu & desktop or the new Win10.

A search on the web showed that the first anniversary upgrade was a disaster, but they have fixed it twice since and all seems to be stable now.
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Michael:

It's a version 12 issue, too. Thanks for posting the solution...

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why Microsoft is playing around with printer functionality.

Comment

I have a number of win10 users, but not seen all you have had problem with.
        THanks for the heads up, I am sure it is coming to me as well.
        Dave Mason
        [email protected]
        Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

It is a big problem with us, we have up to 2,000 non techy users (not all Win10) and it gets rather tedious having to talk them through the fix.

Anyone know how its possible to report to Microsoft or do we need a friend in high places.

Michael

Comment

Are we sure it's broken because of a Window's update? I am not arguing that possibility, but it looks like Sage (aka Peachtree) also started using Amyuni, and that update also(?) breaks the A5 Amyuni pathways.

Pretty darn frustrating... Not Alpha fault, of course.

The worst part is you must be signed in as an administrator to fix the issue.

Comment

Craig,

I can assure you that the Amyuni V4P5 is broken after the Win 10 Anniversary upgrade, we get numerous calls every day, but since DaveM's runtime customers have not experienced this problem in the USA, it may only be a UK problem, I do know that our UK runtime clients who originally loaded the free Win 10 upgrade their dates were switched to US and the
              Last edited by Michael Humby; 10-23-2016, 06:47 AM. Reason: All text not showing

Comment

Craig,

I can assure you that the Amyuni V4P5 is broken after the Win 10 Anniversary upgrade, we get numerous calls every day, but since DaveM's runtime customers have not experienced this problem in the USA, it may only be a UK problem, I do know that our UK runtime clients who originally loaded the free Win 10 upgrade their dates were switched to US and the
                Last edited by Michael Humby; 10-23-2016, 06:50 AM. Reason: all text not showing

Comment

Not a good indicater! Many of my customers are not that aware of win10. They just turn on the computer and do their work. MOst are afraid of upgrades.
                  Dave Mason
                  [email protected]
                  Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
                    Not a good indicater! Many of my customers are not that aware of win10. They just turn on the computer and do their work. MOst are afraid of upgrades.
                    As they should be!
                    Mike W

Comment

Hi Mike,

I have same problem at here, USA.

MS Windows10 update(updated on last week by automatic) is screwed all of my computers - some of files has been deleted and relocated other path and one of my outlook file went bad, not able recoverable without 3rd party program. A5-Pdf Printer is broken.

I deleted the Amyuni printer and reinstall but still not wok... just wasted time,

Comment

John,

Before you re-install the Amyuni, open a PDF and choose 'Open With' and select 'Edge' tick the 'Always' open with, we find this then works OK and if you still need to use Adobe Reader, our experience is then to uninstall then get the user to log off and then logon again then download Adobe afresh and reset as default reader.

This always works, but i'm hoping someone knows a simpler fix because this is usually too much for our users.

Michael
                        Last edited by Michael Humby; 10-25-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you,

I have to reinstall the A5.

Comment

Working...
                          X