Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Browse control Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browse control Bug

This looks like a bug!
    I attached my database to look at it.

BUT if you put a browse control on a form
    Try and remove the record selector column

if you check it, it removes it for DESIGN only
    when you runtime it come back

this is lets say, majorly incredibly annoying!

can it be fixed?

Re: Browse control Bug

Once again I forgot
    look at the task list form!

Comment

Originally posted by coop9653 View Post
      This looks like a bug!

can it be fixed?

i can see the problem in your form, but when i try to recreate the problem in a new form, or even if i edit your form and delete the browse and then reselect it, i can't duplicate the problem.

so, there is something about your form - just don't know what.

but it is clearly not a 'generic' bug.

in any event, the work around (assuming you don't want to delete the embedded browse and reselect it) is simple.

just put this xbasic in the form's onActiveate event:

Browse1.Showrowselector = .f.

Comment

Well, I do say its a BUG!!!!!
        I do not know what causes the drated bug.

1. I simply tried adding the code, to the forms event. that did make the row selector go away. But it also made the text in column one disappear.

2. I made a second browse control, WOW it worked, majorly cool!
        So.. I started configuring the new browse control.
        I discovered that with the row selector OFF, you cannot drag the row height
        so I turned it on. messed with the height, turned off, etc

then suddenly! after changing the row height one time
        the row selector stopped working correctly!
        NOW it does the same as the first browse control!

I tried putting the height back to what it was etc
        but now that the issue started, NOTHING will make it stop again.

There is a serious bug in the browse control

ALSO, I do not know if its related or not, if you get just the wrong height in the browse control your text goes away!. and its not a case of making it too small, it occurs at random heights.

i attached my updated database so you can see!

Comment

I discovered that with the row selector OFF, you cannot drag the row height
          so I turned it on. messed with the height, turned off, etc
          correct. that's one of the purposes of the row selector. without it you can't change the row height.

you can't kill your parents and then complain that you are an orphan.

Comment

OK but that still does NOT resolve the issue.

The issue is I dont want the damned row selector
            I do NOT want to adjust row sized during run time!

I simply mentioned the FACT of how it operated when I was describing what I did to duplicate the error. The intention was for someone to read the entire thing and say, OHHHH, it must be a bug in the code related to sizing the rows etc.

In NO way did I imply that I wanted to resize rows and HAVE the row selector gone.. NOTHING implied that!

I do NOT want the row selector!
            If its there, I will get 15 calls a day from my users, asking what it is why its there, etc! The less they see, the easier my life is!

Comment

another strange bug!!!
              How many can there be???

take the same database, look at the task list form in runtime.

now in the top browse control, pull down one of the fields, like status or priority
              as if you are changing that item

the entire browser control goes blank!
              one you make your selection it comes back!

but regardless its wierd!

Comment

Coop:
                I built an identical browse below yours in the sample you provided and did not have the problems that are occurring in your browse. I did not color the priority, but everything else was the same. You might want to try and rebuild the browse and see if that works for you.
                "Ollie, remember how dumb I used to be? Well, I'm much better now."

Pete

Comment

I did three times

and I duplicated on a brand new form!!!

it does NOT happen immediately
                  you seem to have to be playing with the settings!

turn row selector on and off
                  and mess with the row height, making it smaller and larger
                  then turning on the row selector
                  then going to run time and back

The second control I build worked through about a dozen iterations of messing with the settings, then poof, it went wiggy!

Comment

This looks like a bug!

can it be fixed?
                    i can now duplicate the problem.

the problem is caused because you are using the new V9 feature of HTML bubble help on two of the browse columns. if you remove the bubble help from these columns it will work.

in the next patch, this bug will be fixed.

Comment

Mega Awesomenesss
                      I am very very glad you duplicated!
                      Thank You

Since the Browse Bubble Help is the ONLY reason I am getting V9 right now
                      I am not willing to do away with it!

I will deal with the row selector!

PS>.. Can you please please please,,, pretty please!
                      add an even for form resize. EVERY programming lanquage or database I have ever worked with has this!

Reason. If my user drags the form to a new size. I would like to resize controls to accomidate!

YES, I know you can anchor many of the controls. But thats a very wide unspecific way. Being able to control it oneself it much much better

Comment

Mega Awesomenesss
                        I am very very glad you duplicated!
                        Thank You

Since the Browse Bubble Help is the ONLY reason I am getting V9 right now
                        I am not willing to do away with it!

I will deal with the row selector!

PS>.. Can you please please please,,, pretty please!
                        add an even for form resize. EVERY programming lanquage or database I have ever worked with has this!

Reason. If my user drags the form to a new size. I would like to resize controls to accomidate!

YES, I know you can anchor many of the controls. But thats a very wide unspecific way. Being able to control it oneself it much much better
                        i guess i must be missing something.

i don't understand how it would be easier to write your own code to resize the controls than have a5 automatically do it.

is there some 'effect' that the anchor feature does not allow you to achieve? if so, what is it?

the 'anchor' feature is very powerful, and is very quick. i don't think a hand code 'resize' event would be as efficient.

Comment

I did not say it was easier! I said is was BETTER!

One example, Browse control, if you allow it to resize, the columns do NOT resize with it! I could programatically take care of this. But have no event to attach to.

another example I have a row of controls.
                          if the form is 100 wide, I want it the be 2 rows!
                          if the form is over 200 I want them to be one row

I may want to force a MINIMUM size for the form
                          so if the user drags too small it would instantly snap it back.

If I work on it I can think of a bunch of reasons this event could be needed!

If you scan through your forum here, you will see lots of posts , while they do NOT directly say, we need this event, the solution to there problem would be simple with this event

Comment

Working...
                          X