Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Could not find HTML: Create%20Accordion/styleTemplatesHTML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not find HTML: Create%20Accordion/styleTemplatesHTML

I'm using Version 9 Platium Build 1479 - 3182 and trying to add a HTML Form SuperControl and Create an Accordion.

As soon as the Create Accordion dialog appears I get the message "Could not find HTML: Create%20Accordion/styleTemplatesHTML" and if I try to change any of the Pane titles I get the error message shown in the attached.

What am I missing?
    Jenny Earnshaw
    BusinessPlus (Letchworth) Ltd

Re: Could not find HTML: Create%20Accordion/styleTemplatesHTML

Jenny,

I have the same problem. Have not been able to work out why. I get the same on my home computer and laptop. Has been that way since I installed v9. I kept thinking may be the next patch it will clear itself. Your post was good timing as I was going to post this weekend as well before sending in a bug report. This attachment is from Alphasports v9Html form.
    Tim Kiebert
    Eagle Creek Citrus
    A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

Tim,

I can confirm that I get the same message as you if I try to put a Tab Control on an HTML Form in Alpha Sports

Have you reported it as a bug?
      Jenny Earnshaw

Comment

Hi Jenny,

Are there any instructions to build an Accordion? (on an HTML form that is)
        Regards
        Keith Hubert
        Alpha Guild Member
        London.
        KHDB Management Systems
        Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Hubert View Post
          Hi Jenny,

Are there any instructions to build an Accordion? (on an HTML form that is)
          There is a video which you can find via the "What's new in Version 9" link of the Help Menu. Look under Supercontrols, HTML Form Supercontrols. I was trying to repeat the example in Alpha Sports when I got the error message.

Also the following in the Help File.

[URL="http://support.alphasoftware.com/WhatsNewInV9/generated_NewInA5V9_SuperControls.htm#The Accordion Control"]

I thought I might us an Accordion to design a menu but can't get past the error message.
          Jenny Earnshaw

Comment

Jenny,

No, I have not yet reported it as a bug.

The '%20' within the path in the error message is an html substitution for a space in the folder name. I am reasonably sure that the IE engine (or at least a component of it) is used to display the previews in the dialogs and I am suspecting that I might need to update my installations of IE. I have not done so for a while because I use Firefox for my browser. I have tonight installed Alpha on another laptop running a new installation of Vista and I don't get the error messages and the previews in the dialog show up properly. I will work on updating my IE this week. (not tonight- my son is hogging all the band width )
            Tim Kiebert
            Eagle Creek Citrus
            A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

Hi Jenny,

I too can confirm the error screen shot.

Thanks for reminding me about the video. I was able to get to the HTML on the super control and put a button and a hyper link on the Accordion.

When you get the error message just press OK and the HTML text gets displayed. Everything works after that.

I assume you have sent this in as a bug report, so I wont.
              Regards
              Keith Hubert
              Alpha Guild Member
              London.
              KHDB Management Systems
              Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

I am getting a similar message with an html object on a form, whenever I put a table in it and try any editing of the table.

Acordians are great arn't they, would like a bit more help on them though. I.e. when first loaded the top pane is open, how do you set it so that say the second pane is initially open?, can panes be conditional?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Hubert View Post
                  Hi Jenny,

I too can confirm the error screen shot.

Thanks for reminding me about the video. I was able to get to the HTML on the super control and put a button and a hyper link on the Accordion.

When you get the error message just press OK and the HTML text gets displayed. Everything works after that.

I assume you have sent this in as a bug report, so I wont.
                  I will report it as a bug but as it might be an Internet Explorer problem I was going wait until Tim had tried updating his.

I agree that if you click OK all the HTML text gets displayed OK. I can right click in front of a5:accordion and display the HTML Accordian Editor. However, when ever I try to edit I get the "Property Not Found" error message which I included in the first message. Do you get that aswell?
                  Jenny Earnshaw

Comment

All works Hunky Dory even with IE8 BETA1 as default browser

Last edited by christobal; 05-20-2008, 12:49 PM.
                    �There is nothing like a dream to create the future.�
                    But then again:
                    Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing and to steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research!

Comment

Jenny, have not had time to update my IE yet.

But since a few others are reporting the same it would be much appreciated if you would report it.
                      Tim Kiebert
                      Eagle Creek Citrus

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kiebert View Post
                        Jenny, have not had time to update my IE yet.

But since a few others are reporting the same it would be much appreciated if you would report it.
                        I've send a bug report this evening.
                        Jenny Earnshaw

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Gurd View Post
                          I am getting a similar message with an html object on a form, whenever I put a table in it and try any editing of the table.

Acordians are great arn't they, would like a bit more help on them though. I.e. when first loaded the top pane is open, how do you set it so that say the second pane is initially open?, can panes be conditional?
                          0. a bug in general relating to editing accordions in html form supercontrols has been fixed and will be in the next patch.

1. the bug you mentioned in this message when putting a table in a static html object on a form is now fixed.

2. you can set the initial pane of the accordion as follows.

in the html definition of the accordion, you will see an attribute called 'variable'. this 'variable' contains the pane number of all open panes in a crlf string. so if pane 1 and 3 are open, the variable will contain:

set the variable attribute to some variable. say 'paneVar'

Code:
                          <a5:accordion variable="paneVar" beforeChange="" afterChange="" paneWidth="" paneHeight="" class="a5AccordionUser1Container" singleBand="false">
                          	<!-- Tip: To bring up the accordion editor, move the insertion point in opening 'a5:accordion' tag, then right click and select 'Edit accordion control'  -->
                          	<a5:pane>

then go to the 'Initial Code' tab and type

Code:
                          dim paneVar as c = "2"

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny Earnshaw View Post
                            I've send a bug report this evening.

this is fixed now. will be in next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Selwyn Rabins View Post
                              this is fixed now. will be in next patch.
                              I know you guys seem to interpret most bug reports as "complaints" but let me just say once more, you just can't beat Alpha for the speed at which most genuine bugs are fixed!

Comment

Working...
                              X