Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Ordering Design time objects and controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ordering Design time objects and controls

but none of my other post were or could be construed to be bitching in any way.
    Maybe to you...but they sure seem like bitching to me.

Here are a few snippets of some of your other posts.

At least its efficient! NOT!

Because, when I tried that, it was an utter disaster!

this is lets say, majorly incredibly annoying!

I did not say it was easier! I said is was BETTER!

another strange bug!!! How many can there be???

I think perhaps it is prudent to keep in mind that this is a peer supported message board and is LARGELY supported by folks offering free help. No one here is obligated to help you. Granted, Alpha jumps in here and helps....as Selwyn has on one or two of your posts. I cannot think of any other technology company that offers the service and attentiveness to it's product that Alpha does. Perhaps you are not meaning to come across in this particular way....but Bill, Mike and I all have the same perception - maybe it really is how you are coming across.

Comment

Hmmm...

I see your point.

Large apology is all I can do!
      I tend to do this sort of thing alot.
      I am not a very good communicator, at all.

Its one reason I make sure I work in a nice isolated room
      away from people as much as possible

the less I am around people the less I in inadvertently insult or annoy them.

I ussually takes a large stick to get me to even see what I have done.

sorry

Comment

As long as you understand a problem, you can remedy it. Not just you, but Alpha also.
        Most programming environments don't conform to the same rules as another.
        I understand your frustration about the alphabetice order, but never found it a major problem. Am usually working on something much more important(least I hope so) to me.
        Dave Mason
        [email protected]
        Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Hi Cooper,
          A free screen capture tool is available here:

http://faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
          Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by coop9653 View Post
            Its one reason I make sure I work in a nice isolated room away from people as much as possible

the less I am around people the less I in inadvertently insult or annoy them.
            Better to be around people MORE, so as to learn to change one's attitude and social skills. FWIW: I don't see anything wrong in venting frustrations at all. Only when personal attacks come into the fore does it become rude - in my view at least.
            Peter
            AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
            https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.Greulich View Post
              Better to be around people MORE, so as to learn to change one's attitude and social skills. FWIW: I don't see anything wrong in venting frustrations at all. Only when personal attacks come into the fore does it become rude - in my view at least.
              Hi Peter,
              Spoken from experience no doubt! (5,000+ posts) It does take a bit of time to get the gist of how to get your posts responded to here. Hopefully, we will learn to model what we expect in turn... not like some "chat" rooms, where rude is the norm.
              Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by MoGrace View Post
                (5,000+ posts)
                Honestly, I really need to get a day job!
                Peter
                AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks you both Peter and MoGrace for the kind words and understanding.

I been feeling pretty rotten since yesterday
                  but you cheered me up a bit.

I easily forget to be careful and NOT include my sarcastic humor, when emailing or posting. It gets me in trouble! and then I feel rotten about it.

I really don't try to offend people at all
                  I really like helping and doing good work
                  I just simply do not emotionally understand people, and have to work at it!

thanks

Comment

I easily forget to be careful and NOT include my sarcastic humor, when emailing or posting. It gets me in trouble! and then I feel rotten about it.

thanks
                    That's where those smilies come in handy! :D
                    Robin

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.Greulich View Post
                      Honestly, I really need to get a day job!
                      I find I would rather work on my A5 apps than anything else... Is there life outside of Alpha???
                      Robin

Comment

just get paid to write code
                        thats what I do

I am happily switching to A5 after years of working for the government

The government is in love with microsoft. So I was required to write everything in Access! I can write almost anything in ACCESS, but I don't like it.
                        (especially the issue that access databases corrupt if the wind blows hard):D
                        "smiley right?"

I am much happier with A5, especially is much much cheaper deployment costs for clients!
                        I just have to figure out the differences, and learn to work around the bugs!

I probably should not of let them talk me into V9 so early in the game
                        but once I saw the html bubble help, that allows you to place field values in the bubble, well.... WOW, I mean serious WOW,,, that a mega fine feature!

Comment

thanks
                          Isn't this forum great!! Not only can you get programming help but it also can save you a trip to your therapist. ;)
                          Tim Kiebert
                          Eagle Creek Citrus
                          A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

:D:D
                            can save you a trip to your therapist.
                            What I need more than therapy (well, my opinion at least!) is a way to be here on the messageboard AND get everything around the house taken care of....fairly obvious which one wins out the majority of the time!
                            Mike

Comment

Being that it is Sunday...

(Prov 18:24 KJV) A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
                              Robin

Comment

That's exactly what my wife tells me!
                                Peter
                                AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X