Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Multi-state button change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-state button change

Seems something has changed in a5 v9 with the multistate button (msbutton). Try the Alpha Sports app (Customer Information form) and select a button. Then select the "ALL" button at the bottom. You'll get the message that no records were found, showing all records.
    1. Setting the msbutton.text = "1" doesn't de-select all buttons as it does in v8.
    2. In the show all button push event where it sets msbutton = "1", it evidently re-fires the OnChange event for the msbutton. You therefore get the message window "no records found, showing all records". Of course, if you comment out this line, it leaves the button that was pressed selected.
    3. I have set the var->vLetter = "1" so at least, it re-selects the "A" button and doesn't fire the OnChange event. But would be nice if no buttons were selected on entry and also when the Show All button was pressed.

Am I not seeing something?
    Ernie

Re: Multi-state button change

Instead of using the show_all() function for that button you could just run a query where the filter is set to .t. and still release the selected button by setting it to "1".
    Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

I'm sorry, Robin, but I don't understand about setting the button to "1". I don't see any way to release all the buttons. When the form is entered, I don't think there has been a query run, but the "A" button is still pressed. Is there a way to release all the buttons on entry to the form?
      Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by enstorms View Post
        Is there a way to release all the buttons on entry to the form?
        I believe the behavior is much like a pushbutton radio. Something has to be selected.
        There can be only one.

Comment

Stan,
          What I'm getting at is that it doesn't work this way in v8. This is the reason I started doing some looking. When I selected the Show All (my button), I was getting the no records message before showing all/resynching the form. Then noticed a button was remaining depressed. So went back to my app in v8 and looked at it, and it has no buttons depressed on entry into the form. Also don't get the no records message on show all and all buttons are then un-pressed.
          Ernie

Comment

Ernie, have you tried setting the variable vLetter = "1" in the OnInit event of your form - or perhaps as its default value (but with no quotes)? That should open the form with no depressed/selected letters. And the Show All button should do the same to make the buttons appear released.
            Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Robin,
              That still depresses the "A" button.
              Ernie

Comment

Ernie, maybe you should upload the tables for your form. If the mulstbtn bound to vLetter is defined with values from A-Z then setting it to 1 should do the trick.
                Robin

Comment

Robin, it doesn't seem so, anymore. Check the Customer Information form in AlphaSports.

Comment

Hi Tom I don't have ver 9 and was just going by how it worked before. It seems it ought to be the same.
                    Robin

Comment

Thanks Tom. From my original post:
                      Try the Alpha Sports app (Customer Information form) and select a button. Then select the "ALL" button at the bottom. You'll get the message that no records were found, showing all records.
                      1. Setting the msbutton.text = "1" doesn't de-select all buttons as it does in v8.
                      Is this worth posting a bug report?
                      Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by enstorms View Post
                        Thanks Tom. From my original post:

Is this worth posting a bug report?
                        Ernie
                        yes, it is a bug. we will fix it.

Customer_Information:mulstbtn1.text = ""

should deselect all buttons, but instead, the 'A' is shown as depressed.

Comment

Selwyn,
                          You guys are great!
                          Ernie

Comment

I am having the same problem in v8 - the query ran in the multistate button when the Show All button changed the text and I got the No Records message. I don't know if this was fixed in v9, but this works in v8:

In the Show All button script set the multistate button text to "1" and refresh it. Then in the OnChange script for the multistate button first check if the value of the variable it is bound to equals "1" and if it does, end the script.

This will release the pressed button.
                            Robin

Comment

Working...
                            X