Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Error! Change Already Begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone tell me what this means?

I am trying to add another line to the table structure and all I need is one more field to an existing table.

Everytime I add anything to this table it asks if I would like to save the changes and gives me a warning that it might change my forms, but since this is a new field I have not used yet it should be fine.

Then I click "YES" that I would like to save it and then I get an error popup screen that says "Change has Already Begun"

PLEASE HELP ME!!

What could be wrong, because I have added fields before in a preexisting table and had no problems.

This has happend to me before. May sure that your form is not set to the default (modeless, I think), and that when the form is started that it is not set as the option to "enter New Record"....Ryland

Comment

Re: ERROR!! Change has already Begun!

Hello,

I am not sure how to do this I guess. Because it is not working? Should I change the "System Default" to modal or modeless?

Or would I change it somewhere else besides the properties?

Thank you,

Chad

Comment

Hi,

Make sure when you open the form, that it is the "standard modeless" and the there is another option that will ask you if you want to enter the form as a "New Record" - select "no additional selection criteria".

Hope this helps, Ryland

Comment

Hello,

This helps but it hasn't helped my program yet. :(

I am just trying to add a new field to a existing table and not form yet. I switched it from modeless to modal and vice-versa but no help yet.

I made sure it wasn't in a "Enter New Record" mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I definately appriciate your Help you have already given me!

Chad

Comment

I hope this might help someone help me :)

I get this error first:

"Field Contains Invalid Memo Data"

Then I click ok and I will get this a few times until I move the cursor around in the table then I get the other error when I close out and try to save:

"Change Already Begun"

This makes no sence to me. :(

I am just trying to add the field "sounds" to the existing table.

Chad

Comment

Ok, I see what you mean. Went back and looked at your original screen. I thought you were adidng a new record in the form, but you mean a new field in the table. Just a thought. Check the indexes on that table jusy to make sure they are not corrupted, and try the change again..... You can right click on the control panel for that table and check your indexes..that can definitely cause problems.. Ryland

Comment

Your going to kill me :)

I tried that and the table indexes are all ok. I have spent over 12 hours today trying to figure this out because I have just one Field on the table and the forms to add to finish my 2 month project. :(

I will keep trying but please if you have any more suggestions I would love to try them.

Than kyou so much for your help with this!!

Chad

Comment

You are in the Application Server forum and your problems seem to relate more to desktop.
                  However, as you are getting an error related to memo's, look in help file at:

<TBL>.MEMO_CHECK( Options as C, Repair as L )

Regarding adding a field, right click the table in the Control Panel and then select the "Edit Structure" option (which you have done previously based on your first post) and just click "Yes" to the warning.

If you get a "Change already begun" this means the table is open somewhere and someone has started a change.

Garry

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am VERY VERY sorry for posting this in the Application Server section instead of the Desktop Section.

This will be my last reply here.

Here is my code if anyone can help me out.

I deleted all my forms, reports, and code and I still get the error.

Comment

Re: Error! Change Already Begun!!

I hope this might help someone help me

I get this error first:

"Field Contains Invalid Memo Data"

Then I click ok and I will get this a few times until I move the cursor around in the table then I get the other error when I close out and try to save:

"Change Already Begun"

This makes no sence to me.

I am just trying to add the field "sounds" to the existing table.

Chad

Comment

Just to avoid confusion, this thread was started in the Web forum by mistake and has had a few suggestions...none of which apparently have worked---see them at http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...ad.php?t=80172.
                        Mike

Comment

I have downloaded your app and tested. Your students table is corrupt. Suggest you fix as follows:
                          1. Backup
                          2. Created a new table (copy and paste field definitions from students) and save as students2.
                          3. Create an Operation to append all records from students to students2.
                          4. Right click each form and report for table students in Control Panel and copy to students2
                          5. Delete table students.
                          6. Rename students2 to students
                          7. Add new field(s) to student.

Good luck!
                          Garry

Comment

Problem with appending the records. There are 4 or 5 that have images that I think are embedded....in the image reference field....maybe this field was changed from an image one which already had images placed and then changed to an image reference field? Delete these records. I tried to delete all and still could not delete one which only had an ID in it. So did as Garry suggested and created a new table (even named it to Students2--great minds I guess!!) and added the Sounds field. Then deleted the original table and renamed back to Students. But as you have forms I would use Copy To prior to deleting the original table.

Post back please to the other thread that the problem has been found and a solution provided .Thanks.
                            Mike

Comment

Chad what steps have you taken to solve the "invalid memo data" error? It seems to me you have to fix that first instead of ignoring it.

Comment

Working...
                              X