Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Payment function for canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Payment function for canada

Doug:
    Do you want me to answer that for you? or would you rather take a walk to Starbuck, load up on couple good cups of coffee and figure it out on your own?
    I am just starting my day and haven't even had my coffee yet and I could see where you went off track.

Comment

error
      Last edited by gauvain65; 08-31-2009, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Wow... It seems I generated a whole debate here....

I'm a bit overwhelmed by some of the theory but I try to follow up.

I saw in G Gabriels example that for both American and Canadian calculations he uses 360 days as a parameter.

In one of the previous posts it is said that one country uses 360days and the other 365....i'm a bit confused here

Thanks for all of the efforts

Comment

Jean-Pierre,

In the States, we have something called a regulation-Z that covers all types of loans and the parameters for those loans. Each state may have a version of this that is accepted by that state. It is confusing to a great degree.

I expect each country or area may have something similar to regulation-Z. It may be a real good idea to check with the Banking and Finance division in Canada to make sure of compliance. If they have a written booklet, it may really help you.

What I gave you earlier is what is used by some of the VB programmers that write software for car dealerships. You have to do some modifications depending on states and individual banks(no they do not all work the same). Some do use 365 and some do use 360. some are done on a daily and some on a monthly. Most are done on 360and daily for payoff. We also have to figure for odd first payments like, 45 days to first or 13 days to first.

Last edited by DaveM; 08-31-2009, 10:10 AM.
          Dave Mason
          [email protected]
          Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Ouch...i found my mistake...the 360 G Gabriel uses in his example is the term (30years)

My bad, thats what happens when you dont read the thread in the correct order....

Comment

Regulation Z (Or RegZ, "Truth in Lending"), as Dave eluded is a Federal requirement and it could be a big deal if you do not adhere to it, but it does not specify whether the mortgage is calculated based on 360 or otherwise.

As I mentioned earlier, 360 (traditionally known as 360/365)is primarily used in commercial lending. Incidentally, Reg Z does not apply to commercial lending. I am not aware, have never seen and don't believe any residential loans are generated based on 360. If you are dealing with residential mortgage then for all practical purposes, you could simply ignore the 360.

I made a slight modification to the function so you could use one function for American/Canadian instead of two. Alpha does not have a function called pmt(), so I called this one pmt(). You could use it as a substitute to alpha's payment(), but note not to divide the interest by 12. Just use the annual interest:

Code:
              FUNCTION Pmt AS N (Loan_amt AS N,Periodic_interest_rate as N, Payment_periods AS N,Compound_Period=12 AS N )
                  mi=((1+Periodic_interest_rate/Compound_Period)^(Compound_Period/12))-1
                  Pmt=payment(Loan_amt,mi,Payment_periods)
              END FUNCTION
              Code:
              ?pmt(100000,.1,360) 'American. Last argument was left out.
              = 877.571570088796  

?pmt(100000,.1,360,2) 'Canadian
              = 862.66798773271
              Last edited by G Gabriel; 08-31-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Thank you Gabe,

The explanation and function will prove very helpfull,

I might have other questions on the topic.....stay tuned ;)

Comment

Working...
                X