Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Alpha Five v10 is shipping now and is available for purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Pearson
    replied
    Re: Alpha Five v10 is shipping now and is available for purchase

I think the whole thing is moot if the upgrade price was more realistic. Recent marketing of V9 sold the package for an attractive price, albeit to keep sales going. Full version for $249 unlimited run engine etc. There was also the offer to the most recent (in the last month) for a full credit of the purchase against the upgrade. If the full package is now on sale for the upgrade at $899, then those who came in the very end will get that for another $249 less. This discount should at least be extended to those loyalists, who have been around for much a longer time.

Leave a comment:

• nehru
    replied

hi to all,

for your concerns about v9 http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...ad.php?t=82344

Alpha is concerned about us.
    Remember that none of us is more important than the team.

Sell your customers what they want, not what you think they need.
    Alpha thoroughly know the features and benefits of their products.

Don't go just for the big hit. The greatest opportunities exist in small-to medium-size companies like ALPHASOFTWARE! that's why Alphasoftware is different from Microsoft. They ask the customers to audit their performance. Their opinion is the only one that truly matters.

Do you thoroughly know the features and benefits of your products?

Believe in yourself, your company, your products and to ALPHASOFTWARE Company. Be part of excellence of Alpha, not critical of it. Excellence is not optional.

Sincerely,

Nehru L. Albania
    Philippines
    Bernabest Food Products, Inc.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Page
    replied

Let's get real people! Comparing to MS sure isn't what you want to do.

Microsoft issued only SECURITY updates to an operating system not a database program - quite a different story. No problems were fixed or updated or new features added. None. Security updates only. Are you going to tell me Win98 was bug free?

Now lets talk about Office seeing as it includes Access which is a fairer comparison. Last update to Office 2003 was in 2007 (SP3 which really only just a rollup of previous fixes and not a true update) before the release of Office 2007. After that, a few security patches and not one change to Access. No bug fixes, no updates and no new features. And lets not forget that MS has billions. Alpha Software is a small privately owned company.

This upgrade procedure has been the same for many years (I've been doing this since I first bought Alpha4 v2 in the early eighties). You knew it, I knew it and so did everyone else when we bought. Does that mean that it should always stay that way? No. But don't think that you have some right that has never been there or promised. If Alpha does produce another update we can all be very thankful for the extra effort above and beyond - something MS doesn't do. Some people consider MS Vista to be full of bugs. And the Windows 7 release is what many are calling an update. No matter what you think, MS is charging full price for an upgrade. And I'll bet there will be no more updates for Vista now! So, if a large corporation like MS doesn't fix or update after a new release, why would you expect Alpha to?

At least that's how I see it.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Pearson
    replied

Richard,

I note that microsoft only recently stopped supporting Windows 98. They see the need to keep updates coming on previous versions until the age of the software makes it unreasonable. If you buy a car it is reasonable to expect replacement parts for many years after the model is replaced etc etc.

If you are not looking to update any more in V9 and see V10 is a solution then to me that is simply patch not a change of versions. I also realise in this case, the added potential of V10 needs to be recouped but maybe a more affordable upgrade price may be 'a' solution to this debate.

Leave a comment:

• Citadel
    replied

Originally posted by David Montgomery View Post
    I have been a loyal customer since AlphaFour.

I ... expect the product to be supported if it has bugs.

In view of your attitude, I will not be upgrading to anymore of your products.
    Hi David

Perhaps you could wait awhile before leaving - in view of this reply posted only yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• nehru
    replied

Smile. Customers like positive people. :)
    A bad attitude cancels all other positive skills.
    Arrogance is deadly.

It's not the big things you do for your clients that make you successful. It's the small things. Customers will find a way to buy from you if they like you. They will also find a way not to buy from you if they don't like you. Ask questions and identify needs before you present solutions. Don't talk down to your customers. Don't compete with your customers. Be open to change.

Never be too busy to follow up on the small things. If you follow up, you will be a hero. The customer's perception is reality.

Patience is a virtue. Don't give up!
    I LOVE ALPHA FIVE ALL MY LIFE!

Listen. Listen. Listen.
    Ask for help.
    GOD has given us another day. Rejoice and be thankful!

More power to ALPHASOFTWARE.

Sincerely,

Nehru L. Albania
    Philippines
    Bernabest Food Products, Inc.

Leave a comment:

• David Montgomery
    replied

Sorry, I disagree. I have been a loyal customer since AlphaFour.

I have purchased upgrade after upgrade.

I do not purchase upgrades so a software company can stay in business. I also expect the product to be supported if it has bugs.

In view of your attitude, I will not be upgrading to anymore of your products.
    Last edited by David Montgomery; 10-23-2009, 01:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Rabins
    replied

Is v9 perfect? No - but then that is not the nature of software and no software package is perfect!

Does v9 work reliably for the the overwhelming majority of users? Yes

Are there fantastic new features enhancements in v10 that will boost productivity in a significant way? Yes

Leave a comment:

• David Montgomery
    replied

Not interested, until V9 is fixed!

Leave a comment:

• Alpha Five v10 is shipping now and is available for purchase

Alpha Five v10 is shipping now and is available for purchase

For details please go to:

http://www.imakenews.com/alphasoftwa...x000400627.cfm

Thank You.
Working...