Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

EMail & MAPI error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMail & MAPI error

I have 2 computers, one running VISTA and other XP Pro. Both running our application and we use EUDORA in both cases for EMail.

We have a support EMail button on one of our forms in our app.

1.when I click this button on the VISTA pc, I get "MAPI Error - one or more unspecified errors occurred. No message was sent (MAPI_E_FAILURE)"

2.on the XP Pro pc, no error & I get Eudora popping up properly as expected.

I changed the setting on VISTA machine to use the builtin Alpha5 EMail client but SAME error. I thought I recollected that MAPI was only needed if you used a 3rd party app like Outlook or Eudora as the EMail client.

Any ideas what I need to install on VISTA pc as obviously some file has gotta be missing.

BIG thanks!!!!

Re: EMail & MAPI error

Just a thought, I do not have Vista on a machine, but could it possibly be a permissions issue? Being a unspecified type of MAPI error message.

Regards

Ed

Comment

Who knows? I don't have any permissions setup that I am aware of.
      Do you know where to CHECK if there are permissions setup?

dewayne

Originally posted by Ed Barley View Post
      Just a thought, I do not have Vista on a machine, but could it possibly be a permissions issue? Being a unspecified type of MAPI error message.

Regards

Ed

Comment

Permissions was just a thought. Is Eudora setup for the logged in user?

Reading a couple of old threads, the solution was in their case, to uninstall and reinstall the email client?????

Edit: I found this URL about the MAPI dll..

http://www.ctimls.com/Support/KB/Err...Mapi_error.htm

Is Eudora set to default email program?

Ed
        Last edited by Ed Barley; 11-17-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions:

1.my Eudora EMail is working 100& when I am NOT in our application. So VISTA/Eudora permissions & setup is not the problem.

2.I do not use Outlook/vista mail or other MS main applications.

3.Eudora is my default & is setup as so within VISTA.

4.ONLY problem is when I try to send EMail within our application. I get the error message as stated below.

The link in your message has more to do with setups using Outlook/Outlook Express or Windows Mail (in vista).

I am not too excited about asking our clients to remove & reinstall their email client for something that appears to be Alpha5 related issue.

Back to the drawing board.

dewayne

Permissions was just a thought. Is Eudora setup for the logged in user?

Reading a couple of old threads, the solution was in their case, to uninstall and reinstall the email client?????

Edit: I found this URL about the MAPI dll..

http://www.ctimls.com/Support/KB/Err...Mapi_error.htm

Is Eudora set to default email program?

Ed

Comment

HI Dewayne,

Eudora was my email program for years. I liked it a whole lot.

I would be curious to test Eudora with Alpha and Vista.

What version of Eudora are they using?

Edit:

Snooping on the net again, I found this on the Eudora site. Just maybe in Vista unlike XP this could be a problem???

http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1897hq.html

If you Google MAPI_E_FAILURE you will get pleanty of hits.

Note: The Eudora Mapi is no longer allowed to change/replace the Microsoft Mapi in Windows Vista unless Eudora is the Default Mail Program on Vista. In XP and previously you could choose to have the Eudora Mapi active "When Eudora is Running" etc. etc. but this is no longer possible.

Found the above at this URL:

http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=12230

This could be it: http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthr...ght=mapi+vista

Ed
            Last edited by Ed Barley; 11-17-2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I am using Eudora 7.1.0.0 on both machines.

User Account Control on the VISTA pc is already turned off so this is OK.

I don't use MS EMail products so at no time were they every the defaults on the VISTA pc. Mind you, Vista is such a DOG that who knows what it does with Eudora.

dewayne

HI Dewayne,

Eudora was my email program for years. I liked it a whole lot.

I would be curious to test Eudora with Alpha and Vista.

What version of Eudora are they using?

Edit:

Snooping on the net again, I found this on the Eudora site. Just maybe in Vista unlike XP this could be a problem???

http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1897hq.html

If you Google MAPI_E_FAILURE you will get pleanty of hits.

Note: The Eudora Mapi is no longer allowed to change/replace the Microsoft Mapi in Windows Vista unless Eudora is the Default Mail Program on Vista. In XP and previously you could choose to have the Eudora Mapi active "When Eudora is Running" etc. etc. but this is no longer possible.

Found the above at this URL:

http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=12230

This could be it: http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthr...ght=mapi+vista

Ed

Comment

Its now working. Don't ask me what I did but I did look in Start->Program Defaults to see if I was using Eudora as my Email default & not Windows Mail.

Things looked OK so I exited this process, went to our application & like magic the Email button now works, no MAPI error.

As soon as Windows 7 is "stable", I will be chaning over to it.

Vista will be toast!!!!

Thanks for the HELP.

dewayne

Comment

Have a good one......

Glad you got it working.

Ed

Comment

I don't know if you switched or not but Windows 7 has the same problem. I have my gmail set up properly in alpha's Settings and gmail is my default email for windows. I got it working the other day (don't know what I did) but it's not working again and get 2 error messages, one says my default email is not set up and the other is MAPI_E_FAILURE.

Maybe it's Alpha v10, who knows? Gmail works just fine outside A5.

kenn

Originally posted by dchiass View Post
                    Its now working. Don't ask me what I did but I did look in Start->Program Defaults to see if I was using Eudora as my Email default & not Windows Mail.

Things looked OK so I exited this process, went to our application & like magic the Email button now works, no MAPI error.

As soon as Windows 7 is "stable", I will be chaning over to it.

Vista will be toast!!!!

Thanks for the HELP.

dewayne
                    TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

The problems I had with trying to attach files to an email and MAPI errors has been fixed by using "Windows Live Mail" (it's free). I tried Eudora, the v7.xx and the new beta version. Both had the same problem, couldn't attach a file.

Comment

Working...
                      X