Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Static Form in Details Section of Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Static Form in Details Section of Report

I've been battling with this problem for months now. would really appreciate some assistance.
    I have attached an app with a report.jpg made in Excel I believe. This app Im creating is supposed to tabulate data and present it in this report that I've recreated in Alpha. The app and report has been created for the most part, however if you look at the image, you'll notice on the right side, there's a section labeled "Schedule of Contibution" in my Alpha report, that section would either fall inside the Details section or beside it. For the life of me I cant figure out how to accomplish either.
    The data in the details section is dynamic, the data in the "Schedule of Contibution" is static and shown just as it apprears in the underlying table.

I'm not sure what all information i would need to provide for someone to assist me, feel free to ask if I dont mention it here.

The software is to store all payrole details relating to employees at a private hospital: set salary, hourly rate salary, social security contributions, income tax, additions, deductions etc. then prepare the data for presenting to the social security office.

The password is "rossetta". to view the report with data in it, go to Reports in the menu, then payroll, select a date and click view on the resulting dialogue.

Please dont hesitate to let me know what details you. need, I tried to comment all the codings, hopefully it is straight foreward enough.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Static Form in Details Section of Report

Hello Nigel:
    I presume that your payroll system is similar to what we have here: an amount is deducted from the employee's weekly/monthly wages, the employer contributes some and the total is remitted to the tax authorities every month. I have extracted the relevant parts from what I use here. Open the PayrollForm. Displaying the contribution table (static data) in the report is tricky. If you use a subreport the data will be duplicated, so I used calc fields. Pehaps some else has a better approach.
    See if this helps you along.

Comment

How static is static? If it is ironclad static meaning that it NEVER chnages, you could use a bitmap image.
      Peter
      AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
      https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Hello Peter:
        I presume the system in Belize is close to our system: tax/deduction schedules change annually or semiannually, in certain countries every 2 or 3 years.
        I tried to put a super control pdf viewer in the report but it didn't work. When I run the report it does not display the pdf file. The pdf viewer works on a form but could not get it to work in a report.

Comment

This is a half-baked thought. So the "static" data goes into its own table. You might be able to link a set on the expression 1=1, which means that all the static child data shows for each parent record, and put the static child into a subreport.
          Peter
          AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys.
            I checked out the app by gaby, the difference with that and mines is, his static data is in a different section ofrom the dynamic data, where as my static data is in the details section next to the dynamic data.

At 1st i jumped at Peter's idea of using an image, but then relaize I would still face the same problem, it has to fall within the details area of the report right next to the dynamic data.
            If I could just place that static data in another (horizontal) section of the report, all would be easy, but this design is the government's standard layout, I can't change it. Is there any more suggestions guys?

Nigel.

Comment

Originally posted by nigeldude View Post
              If I could just place that static data in another (horizontal) section of the report, all would be easy, but this design is the government's standard layout, I can't change it. Is there any more suggestions guys?
              Nigel,

You could try this, but not sure if it would work. Put your detail into a subreport and the static image (or the 1=1 linked set) in an adjacent subreport. That might have a shot.

If this is a one page report, an extreme solution might be to use a form.
              Peter
              AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Hi Nigel

An alternative approach!

I have modified your form to (instead of previewing the report) save the report as a pdf with a background image as a watermark. I have re-sized the sample image in your original post to match the paper size of the report and deleted one text object from the actual report. Obviously you will need to use a better image for the background and you will also need to sort out where to save the pdf etc. but hopefully this gives you a kick start!

Attached is a fresh zip and a copy of the generated pdf.

Hope this helps

Glen
                Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Hey guys, I did, thanks to the three of you. after putting all your ideas side by side, i figured it out. Though I didnt use the embedded image, lookinbg at it played a huge role.
                  I ended up placing two subreports side by side (never used subreports before).
                  I remove the dynamic feilds from the "details" section of the main report and placed them into the "details" section of the 1st subreport.
                  then I designed the static data items all in the "header" section of the 2nd subreport. I couldnt place them in the details section cause they would be repeated as many times as the dynamic data was.

please have a look.

there are some bugs in the report still, but those I'll figure out in time.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X