Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

printing in alpha 5 version 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

printing in alpha 5 version 9

first let me say i tried to search on this thread and found nothing on the website to do that so hopefully i'm not repeating.

okay so we switched from alpha four (having used it since back in the day) to alpha 5. went from windows 98 to windows 7. now i am unable to print an entire record. our records are each 5 pages and all i can print is the first page. i was told it was an issue with monitor resolution. we have our desktops set at 1024x768. i have tried print screen; ctrl p; control a,c,v to paste in a word document and nothing works.

was also told there is some kind of windows driver - but cannot find it anywhere. had a local it guy here who thought he had fixed the problem but has not.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

eileen ingala

Re: printing in alpha 5 version 9

Hello Eileen,

You might get a little more help, with a few more details.

What type of table or set are you trying to print the report for?
    Is it a flat table or a one to many relationship set?

You say you can not print an entire record???? Are you trying to print from a form or browse view? Or have you made a report to print? If it is a report you might have it filtered incorrectly?

Regards

Ed

Comment

Hi Ed, i'm not trying to print a report - i'm trying to print a 4 page individual record in my database. it is not relational. the first page contains general info about the candidate and the 3 other other pages contain info about job hx, education, etc. i am trying to print from the form view. only the first page gets printed. if you need other information please let me know. thanks
      eileen

You might get a little more help, with a few more details.

What type of table or set are you trying to print the report for?
      Is it a flat table or a one to many relationship set?

You say you can not print an entire record???? Are you trying to print from a form or browse view? Or have you made a report to print? If it is a report you might have it filtered incorrectly?

Regards

Ed[/QUOTE]

Comment

Eileen,

You need to make a report, to get the results you are looking for. Forms were not meant to be used as a printed report, although you can view them in a print preview mode.

Have you made any reports in A5 as of yet?

Ed

Comment

You can shortcut a bit of report construction by beginning a new blank report (based on your table) and choose the Report menu, Import, and choose your saved form.
          There can be only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Mathews View Post
            You can shortcut a bit of report construction by beginning a new blank report (based on your table) and choose the Report menu, Import, and choose your saved form.
            hi stan, see you're from ky - we're in salem - out of paducah.

anyway, i really just want to be able to hit print screen and have the screen i see print. i tried your suggestion and while it gave me what i wanted the printer attemped to print out all 8,000+ records in the tableset (database). why can't i just do a print screen? or even ctrl a, c, v. even that doesn't work.

perhaps if i explain what i'm trying to do. our candidate records are 5 pages with job hx going back many years. when someone takes a new job i want to move back the info. i can retype the info cause i type fast, but i would like to see in front of me in print form what i need to type.

does that help?

eileen ingala

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Barley View Post
              Eileen,

You need to make a report, to get the results you are looking for. Forms were not meant to be used as a printed report, although you can view them in a print preview mode.

Have you made any reports in A5 as of yet?

Ed
              i tried to make a report, ed, but it seemed i was limited to about 4 data fields when i want to just print out the screen in front of me. we had no problems with alpha four doing that. has it changed that dramatically?
              eileen ingala (very frustrated)

Comment

Hi Eileen,

How many fields are contained in one record?

Ed

Comment

the printer attemped to print out all 8,000+ records in the tableset
                  That's where you need to use the report filter capabilities.

You can quick filter the form for the record you want and then print the report, for that record, if the filter is set to Current Selection of records.

You can print the current record if you set the report filter to prompt at runtime and enter your filter there.

You can place a button on the form which prints the report for the current record on the form.

You can use current() in the filter expression.

why can't i just do a print screen
                  You can. there are several free print screen utilities available. A windows screen is not the same as a dos screen however.
                  There can be only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Barley View Post
                    Hi Eileen,

How many fields are contained in one record?

Ed
                    100+ if i remember
                    eileen

Comment

You can. there are several free print screen utilities available. A windows screen is not the same as a dos screen however.[/QUOTE]

stan, thank you, thank you, thank you - you are my hero. i downloaded gadwin_print screen and it works like a dream. i had no problem printing each and every tab in a record.

again, thank you, gracias, danke, merci, grazie, obrigado

eileen ingala

Comment

Working...
                      X