Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

x_dialog Killfocus event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x_dialog Killfocus event

I am having trouble with an x-dialog event. I created the attached x-dialog to perform data entry into a form. When the user exits the field "Segment", I need to capture the "killfocus" event so that I can create an appropriate case number for the program the client is eligible for. I have traced out the events for the field., and it seems that the "killfocus" never fires, even when I depart the field. The variable field is a drop-down list built from a table. The user could either key in the segment, or select from the dropdown. In either case, when they go to the next field, there is no killfocus event.

Included here is the entire script, a trace of theevents for either selecting from a drop down or keying in the segment, and a screenshot of the dialog.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dialog script:
    Code:
    'Date Created: 05-May-2010 02:54:53 PM
    'Last Updated: 07-May-2010 09:54:38 AM
    'Created By  : Thomas Henkel
    'Updated By  : Thomas Henkel
    'Create an XDialog dialog box to prompt for parameters.
    dim global cLOG as C
    cLog = ""
    DIM clt as P
    DIM lnk as P
    DIM SHARED vCASENO as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vSSN as C
    DIM v65 as L
    DIM SHARED vNAME as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vPGM as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vSEGM as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vIWORKER as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vCWORKER as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vSWORKER as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vDATE1 as D = {}
    DIM SHARED vDATE2 as D = {}
    DIM SHARED vACTION2 as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vDATE3 as D = {}
    DIM SHARED vSTATUS as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vSTAT_DATE as D = {}
    DIM SHARED vFILEROOM as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vCREASON as C = ""
    DIM SHARED vDREASON as C = ""

DIM SHARED vERROR as L
    DIM SHARED varC_result as C
    DIM vSEG_rl_def as C
    DIM vPGM_rl_def as C 
    DIM vIWORKER_rl_def as C 
    DIM vCWORKER_rl_def as C 
    DIM vSWORKER_rl_def as C
    DIM vACTION2_rl_def as C 
    DIM vSTATUS_rl_def as C
    DIM vCREASON_rl_def as C 
    DIM vDREASON_rl_def as C 

'debugcheck()
    'clt = table.open("client",FILE_RO_SHARED)
    clt = table.current()
    vSSN = clt.ssn
    if clt.dob < addyears(date(),-65)
    	v65 = .T.
      else
      	v65 = .F.
    end if
    vNAME = UT(clt.fname)+" "+ut(clt.lname)
    'lets first determine if the client already has a case number
    lnk = table.open("LINK",FILE_RO_SHARED)
    lnk.index_primary_put("Ssn")
    foundit = lnk.fetch_find(vSSN)
    if foundit > 0
    	if isalpha(left(lnk.Case,1))
    		vCASENO = lnk.Case
    	  else
    	  	if left(right(trim(lnk.case),6),1)>"3"
    	  		vCASENO ="S"+right(trim(lnk.case),6)
    	  	  else
    	  	  	vCASENO = "C"+right(trim(lnk.case),6)
    	  	end if
    	end if	
      else
    	script_play_local("reg new case number")
    end if
    if vERROR
    	end
    end if
    vSEG_rl_def = "k=segment,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:9,2:35\",''+Seg,left(''+Seg,9),left(''+Describe,35))}{}"
    vPGM_rl_def = "k=pgm,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:9,2:25\",''+Pgm,left(''+Pgm,9),left(''+Desc,25))}{}"
    vIWORKER_rl_def = "k=workers,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:8,2:25\",''+Wcode,left(''+Wcode,8),left(''+Wname,25))}{between(left(wcode,1),\"A\",\"B\").and.left(WCODE,3)<>\"ADM\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AM\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AP\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AX\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"BD\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"BT\"}"
    vCWORKER_rl_def = "k=workers,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:8,2:25\",''+Wcode,left(''+Wcode,8),left(''+Wname,25))}{between(left(wcode,1),\"A\",\"B\").and.left(WCODE,3)<>\"ADM\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AM\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AP\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AX\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"BD\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"BT\"}"
    vSWORKER_rl_def = "k=workers,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:8,2:25\",''+Wcode,left(''+Wcode,8),left(''+Wname,25))}{left(wcode,2)=\"AM\".or.left(wcode,2)=\"AP\".or.left(wcode,2)=\"AX\".or.left(wcode,2)=\"BD\".or.left(wcode,2)=\"BT\"}"
    vACTION2_rl_def = "k=caseact,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:10\",''+Action,left(''+Action,10))}{}"
    vSTATUS_rl_def = "k=status,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:4,2:25\",''+Status,left(''+Status,4),left(''+Desc,25))}{}"
    vCREASON_rl_def = "ke=closerea,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:6,2:15,3:25\",''+Closecode,left(''+Closecode,6),left(''+Category,15),left(''+Describe,25))}{}"
    vDREASON_rl_def = "ke=denyreas,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:6,2:15,3:25\",''+Denycode,left(''+Denycode,6),left(''+Category,15),left(''+Describe,25))}{}"

heading_string = vNAME+"   -   Case No: "+vCASENO+crlf()+"Case Information Entry"
    ok_button_label = "&OK"
    cancel_button_label = "&Cancel"
    varC_result = ui_dlg_box(agency+ " Customer Information",<<%dlg%
    {Background=#234+255+255}
    {region}
    {text=45,2:heading_string};
    {endregion};
    {line=1,0};
    {lf};
    {region}
    Program: [%@vPGM_rl_def%.10vPGM]{sp=5}
    Segment: [%@vSEG_rl_def%.10vSEGM!vSEGM_*];
    {lf};
    Application Date: [%DATE;P=popup.calendar(dtoc(vDATE1));I=popup.calendar%.15vDATE1!vDATE1_*]{sp=3}
    Registration Date: [%DATE;P=popup.calendar(dtoc(vDATE2));I=popup.calendar%.15vDATE2!vDATE2_*]{sp=3}
    Registration Action: [%@vACTION2_rl_def%10.20vACTION2];
    {lf};
    Intake  Case Worker: [%@vIWORKER_rl_def%.10vIWORKER]{sp=5}
    Ongoing Case Worker: [%@vCWORKER_rl_def%.10vCWORKER]{sp=5}
    Service Case Worker: [%@vSWORKER_rl_def%.10vSWORKER];
    {endregion};
    {lf};
    {region}
    Case Status: [%@vSTATUS_rl_def%.8vSTATUS]{sp=3}
    Status Date: [%DATE;P=popup.calendar(dtoc(vSTAT_DATE));I=popup.calendar%.15vSTAT_DATE!vSTAT_DATE_*]
    {endregion}{sp=3}
    {condition=(vSTATUS="C")}
    {region=a}
    Close Reason: [%@vCREASON_rl_def%.8vCREASON]
    {sp=3}
    {condition=(vSTATUS="D")}
    {start_pos}
    Deny Reason: [%@vDREASON_rl_def%.8vDREASON]{endregion};
    {condition=.T.}
    {region}
    {lf};
    Close Date: [%DATE;P=popup.calendar(dtoc(vDATE3));I=popup.calendar%.15vDATE3!vDATE3_*];
    {lf};
    File Room:  (vFILEROOM:3) (vFILEROOM:4)
    {endregion};
    {line=1,0};
    {region}
    <*15=ok_button_label!OK> <15=cancel_button_label!CANCEL>
    {endregion};
    %dlg%,<<%code%

[SIZE="4"]'*******HERE is where I am attempting to trap the event ***********[/SIZE]
    [COLOR="Red"][B]if left(a_dlg_button,6) = "vSEGM_" then
    	clog = clog+a_dlg_button+crlf()
    	if a_dlg_button = "vSEGM_killfocus"[/B][/COLOR]		'debug(1)
    		'determine if Medicaid,  If so, change case number to appropriate "02" number
    		if vPGM = "MED"
    			SELECT
    				case vSEGM="CCPD".or.vSEGM="GO".or.vSEGM="JCAD".or.vSEGM="TTW".or.vSEGM="MOCM".or.vSEGM="MOAL".or.vSEGM="JCNH".or.vSEGM="MONH"
    				 	if v65
    				 		vCASENO="0210"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
    				 	  else
    				 	  	vCASENO="0220"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
    					end if
    				case vSEGM="MNC".or.vSEGM="MNNH"
    				 	if v65
    				 		vCASENO="0215"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
    				 	  else
    				 	  	vCASENO="0225"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
    					end if 	
    				case vSEGM="FAM"
    				 	vCASENO="0230"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
    				case vSEGM="FCA"
    				 	vCASENO="0270"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
    				case else
    					vCASENO = vCASENO
    			END SELECT		
    			'refresh the heading string
    			heading_string = vNAME+"   -   Case No: "+vCASENO+crlf()+"Case Information Entry"
    		end if
    	end if 
    	a_dlg_button = ""
    end if 

if left(a_dlg_button,7) = "vDATE1_" then 
    	if a_dlg_button = "vDATE1_killfocus" then 
    		vDATE1 = ctod(dtoc(vDATE1))
    	end if 
    	a_dlg_button = ""
    end if 

if left(a_dlg_button,7) = "vDATE2_" then 
    	if a_dlg_button = "vDATE2_killfocus" then 
    		vDATE2 = ctod(dtoc(vDATE2))
    	end if 
    	a_dlg_button = ""
    end if 

if left(a_dlg_button,7) = "vDATE3_" then 
    	if a_dlg_button = "vDATE3_killfocus" then 
    		vDATE3 = ctod(dtoc(vDATE3))
    	end if 
    	a_dlg_button = ""
    end if 

if left(a_dlg_button,11) = "vSTAT_DATE_" then 
    	if a_dlg_button = "vSTAT_DATE_killfocus" then 
    		vSTAT_DATE = ctod(dtoc(vSTAT_DATE))
    	end if 
    	a_dlg_button = ""
    end if
    %code%)

if varC_result <>"OK"
    	ui_msg_box(Agency+" Customer Information","Action cancelled at user request")
    	end
    end if
    log of events:

Select from Drop Down
    Code:
    ?clog
    = vSEGM_popup
    vSEGM_popupdone
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_selok
    tYPE IN SEGMENT
    Code:
    ?clog
    = vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_changing
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    vSEGM_change
    Tom

Re: x_dialog Killfocus event

Tom,
    I just parsed down your xdialog so that I could use it in the interactive window, added a messagebox, and found you are trapping the killfocus just fine.....so must be a different issue....
    Mike

Comment

I realize I have coded to capture the event. The event is NEVER firing! see the code for clog. That is just our own internal trace of events.

Tom

Comment

I must not be understanding what the issue is Tom. Whenever I leave the Segment field the messagebox I placed after your killfocus fires....which to me indicates it is working.

What else did you want to happen....and can we reproduce it or the failing with the script you provided or do we need the supporting tables--or an example with hard coded values would work as well really.
        Mike

Comment

I just ran a very quick test. I changed the field to just be a straight data entry field instead of a record list combo box, and the killfocus event fired.

Seems like a problem to me...

Tom

Comment

I am testing against an "odd" build that most likely is different from yours---indicate your build and maybe someone with the same could test it for you to confirm.....
            Mike

Comment

2095 3264
              Last edited by Tom Henkel; 05-07-2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

You are quite correct. Those particular field objects do not give you a KillFocus event.

Try this. I left your "Segment" field and added a "Segment2" field. The result is a bit different because the description ends up showing in the field but it works if that's acceptable.

I used tabs to create the list of choices - mostly because that lines up the fields making it easier for the user to read.

The delimiter between the fields isn't really needed in this case because all you really need to get is the first 'word'. However, since you might need to parse the full line in some other situation, here's the logic:

1. The first tab, {T=20}, sets the "field delimiter" (I used a space, 2 pipe symbols, and another space in this case) position to 20 inches which should be way to the right of the drop-down so it isn't visible then the second tab sets the position of the next field to 0.5 inches. These tabs only set the the display location so going back and forth like that to hide delimiters is not a problem. If I had 4 fields and wanted delimiters between each, I might do something like this:
                "field1+'{T=20} || {T=.4}'+field2+'{T=20} || {T=1.4}'+field3+'{T=20} || {T=2.6}'+field4"

2. The result returned does not have any of the tab info in it. This means that my example above might return the following. Note that "field2" is really long and would not show completely in the drop-down because it is longer than 1 inch of text - but it still shows up in the result.
                JCAD || This is the long field that only displays 1 inch. || This is field 3. || And this is field 4.

I also changed your first CASE statement to:
                word( vSEGM, 1 )$"CCPD,GO,JCAD,TTW,MOCM,MOAL,JCNH,MONH"
                because it got really, really long now that I had to use word( vSEGM, 1 ) to get the segment ID. A couple warnings about this. First, if it's possible that one ID might be embedded in another, you might have to use something like inlist() or inlist2(). Second, if the vSEGM value is blank, it will always be found in the list when using "$" - makes sense if you think about it.

Also note the %O={@@}% used in the control definition. (I don't know why but the forum is underlining that.) This tells it that the input list is formatted with the tabs.

FWIW....

I've always hated the keylist build. It's just to complicated to be easy to edit.

And, just to give you another idea, I changed the %code% section to use ELSEIF rather than a series of IF statements. There are 2 reasons for that: (1) it might be faster because it doesn't need to evaluate the other IF statements once a match is found (and since we are just looking for a match on the a_dlg_button value, we only need to worry about the first match) and (2) I think it's easier to "see" because I know that all the ELSEIF sections belong "together" whereas sometimes with long %code% sections I'm not sure if I'm still inside the %code% section when each IF is separate. This is not a big deal but just something that I believe makes it easier for me to 'read'. This is especially true when I want to just scan past a long %code% section - if I'm still seeing ELSEIF statements as I page down then I probably haven't gotten past it yet.

Here's the modified code:
                Code:
                'Date Created: 05-May-2010 02:54:53 PM
                'Last Updated: 07-May-2010 05:40:29 PM
                'Created By  : Thomas Henkel
                'Updated By  : Cal Locklin
                'Create an XDialog dialog box to prompt for parameters.

agency = "Joe's Bar"  'Added by Cal for testing.

dim global cLOG as C
                cLog = ""
                DIM clt as P
                DIM lnk as P
                DIM SHARED vCASENO as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vSSN as C
                DIM v65 as L
                DIM SHARED vNAME as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vPGM as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vSEGM as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vIWORKER as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vCWORKER as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vSWORKER as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vDATE1 as D = {}
                DIM SHARED vDATE2 as D = {}
                DIM SHARED vACTION2 as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vDATE3 as D = {}
                DIM SHARED vSTATUS as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vSTAT_DATE as D = {}
                DIM SHARED vFILEROOM as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vCREASON as C = ""

DIM SHARED vDREASON as C = ""
                DIM SHARED vERROR as L
                DIM SHARED varC_result as C
                DIM vSEG_rl_def as C
                DIM vPGM_rl_def as C 
                DIM vIWORKER_rl_def as C 
                DIM vCWORKER_rl_def as C 
                DIM vSWORKER_rl_def as C
                DIM vACTION2_rl_def as C 
                DIM vSTATUS_rl_def as C
                DIM vCREASON_rl_def as C 
                DIM vDREASON_rl_def as C 

'debugcheck()
                clt = table.open("client",FILE_RO_SHARED)
                'clt = table.current()
                vSSN = clt.ssn
                if clt.dob < addyears(date(),-65)
                    v65 = .T.
                  else
                      v65 = .F.
                end if
                vNAME = UT(clt.fname)+" "+ut(clt.lname)
                'lets first determine if the client already has a case number
                lnk = table.open("LINK",FILE_RO_SHARED)
                lnk.index_primary_put("Ssn")
                foundit = lnk.fetch_find(vSSN)
                if foundit > 0
                    if isalpha(left(lnk.Case,1))
                        vCASENO = lnk.Case
                      else
                          if left(right(trim(lnk.case),6),1)>"3"
                              vCASENO ="S"+right(trim(lnk.case),6)
                            else
                                vCASENO = "C"+right(trim(lnk.case),6)
                          end if
                    end if    
                  else
                    script_play_local("reg new case number")
                end if
                if vERROR
                    end
                end if
                vSEG_rl_def = "k=segment,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:9,2:35\",''+Seg,left(''+Seg,9),left(''+Describe,35))}{}"
                vPGM_rl_def = "k=pgm,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:9,2:25\",''+Pgm,left(''+Pgm,9),left(''+Desc,25))}{}"
                vIWORKER_rl_def = "k=workers,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:8,2:25\",''+Wcode,left(''+Wcode,8),left(''+Wname,25))}{between(left(wcode,1),\"A\",\"B\").and.left(WCODE,3)<>\"ADM\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AM\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AP\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AX\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"BD\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"BT\"}"
                vCWORKER_rl_def = "k=workers,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:8,2:25\",''+Wcode,left(''+Wcode,8),left(''+Wname,25))}{between(left(wcode,1),\"A\",\"B\").and.left(WCODE,3)<>\"ADM\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AM\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AP\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"AX\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"BD\".and.left(wcode,2)<>\"BT\"}"
                vSWORKER_rl_def = "k=workers,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:8,2:25\",''+Wcode,left(''+Wcode,8),left(''+Wname,25))}{left(wcode,2)=\"AM\".or.left(wcode,2)=\"AP\".or.left(wcode,2)=\"AX\".or.left(wcode,2)=\"BD\".or.left(wcode,2)=\"BT\"}"
                vACTION2_rl_def = "k=caseact,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:10\",''+Action,left(''+Action,10))}{}"
                vSTATUS_rl_def = "k=status,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:4,2:25\",''+Status,left(''+Status,4),left(''+Desc,25))}{}"
                vCREASON_rl_def = "ke=closerea,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:6,2:15,3:25\",''+Closecode,left(''+Closecode,6),left(''+Category,15),left(''+Describe,25))}{}"
                vDREASON_rl_def = "ke=denyreas,{keylist_build(\"H=.05,1:6,2:15,3:25\",''+Denycode,left(''+Denycode,6),left(''+Category,15),left(''+Describe,25))}{}"

seg_list = table.external_record_content_get( "segment", "left(seg,9)+'{T=20} || {T=.4}'+trim(describe)","seg" )
                vPGM = "MED"   'Added by Cal for testing.

ok_button_label = "&OK"
                cancel_button_label = "&Cancel"
                varC_result = ui_dlg_box(agency+ " Customer Information",<<%dlg%
                {Background=#234+255+255}
                {region}
                {text=45,2:heading_string};
                {endregion};
                {line=1,0};
                {lf};
                {region}
                Program: [%@vPGM_rl_def%.10vPGM]{sp=5}
                Segment: [%@vSEG_rl_def%.10vSEGM];
                Segment2: [%O={@@}%.40vSEGM^=seg_list!vSEGM_*];
                {lf};
                Application Date: [%DATE;P=popup.calendar(dtoc(vDATE1));I=popup.calendar%.15vDATE1!vDATE1_*]{sp=3}
                Registration Date: [%DATE;P=popup.calendar(dtoc(vDATE2));I=popup.calendar%.15vDATE2!vDATE2_*]{sp=3}
                Registration Action: [%@vACTION2_rl_def%10.20vACTION2];
                {lf};
                Intake  Case Worker: [%@vIWORKER_rl_def%.10vIWORKER]{sp=5}
                Ongoing Case Worker: [%@vCWORKER_rl_def%.10vCWORKER]{sp=5}
                Service Case Worker: [%@vSWORKER_rl_def%.10vSWORKER];
                {endregion};
                {lf};
                {region}
                Case Status: [%@vSTATUS_rl_def%.8vSTATUS]{sp=3}
                Status Date: [%DATE;P=popup.calendar(dtoc(vSTAT_DATE));I=popup.calendar%.15vSTAT_DATE!vSTAT_DATE_*]
                {endregion}{sp=3}
                {condition=(vSTATUS="C")}
                {region=a}
                Close Reason: [%@vCREASON_rl_def%.8vCREASON]
                {sp=3}
                {condition=(vSTATUS="D")}
                {start_pos}
                Deny Reason: [%@vDREASON_rl_def%.8vDREASON]{endregion};
                {condition=.T.}
                {region}
                {lf};
                Close Date: [%DATE;P=popup.calendar(dtoc(vDATE3));I=popup.calendar%.15vDATE3!vDATE3_*];
                {lf};
                File Room:  (vFILEROOM:3) (vFILEROOM:4)
                {endregion};
                {line=1,0};
                {region}
                <*15=ok_button_label!OK> <15=cancel_button_label!CANCEL>
                {endregion};
                %dlg%,<<%code%

'*******HERE is where I am attempting to trap the event ***********
                if left(a_dlg_button,6) = "vSEGM_" then
                    clog = clog+a_dlg_button+crlf()
                    if a_dlg_button = "vSEGM_killfocus"        'debug(1)
                        'determine if Medicaid,  If so, change case number to appropriate "02" number
                        if vPGM = "MED"
                            SELECT
                                case word( vSEGM, 1 )$"CCPD,GO,JCAD,TTW,MOCM,MOAL,JCNH,MONH"
                                     if v65
                                         vCASENO="0210"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
                                       else
                                           vCASENO="0220"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
                                    end if
                                case word( vSEGM, 1 )="MNC".or.vSEGM="MNNH"
                                     if v65
                                         vCASENO="0215"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
                                       else
                                           vCASENO="0225"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
                                    end if     
                                case word( vSEGM, 1 )="FAM"
                                     vCASENO="0230"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
                                case word( vSEGM, 1 )="FCA"
                                     vCASENO="0270"+right(trim(vCASENO),6)
                                case else
                                    vCASENO = vCASENO
                            END SELECT        
                            'refresh the heading string
                        end if
                    end if 
                    a_dlg_button = ""
                ELSEIF left(a_dlg_button,7) = "vDATE1_" then 
                    if a_dlg_button = "vDATE1_killfocus" then 
                        vDATE1 = ctod(dtoc(vDATE1))
                    end if 
                    a_dlg_button = ""
                ELSEIF left(a_dlg_button,7) = "vDATE2_" then 
                    if a_dlg_button = "vDATE2_killfocus" then 
                        vDATE2 = ctod(dtoc(vDATE2))
                    end if 
                    a_dlg_button = ""
                ELSEIF left(a_dlg_button,7) = "vDATE3_" then 
                    if a_dlg_button = "vDATE3_killfocus" then 
                        vDATE3 = ctod(dtoc(vDATE3))
                    end if 
                    a_dlg_button = ""
                ELSEIF left(a_dlg_button,11) = "vSTAT_DATE_" then 
                    if a_dlg_button = "vSTAT_DATE_killfocus" then 
                        vSTAT_DATE = ctod(dtoc(vSTAT_DATE))
                    end if 
                    a_dlg_button = ""
                end if
                %code%)

if varC_result <>"OK"
                    ui_msg_box(Agency+" Customer Information","Action cancelled at user request")
                    end
                end if

Comment

Thanks, Cal. I'll see what happens with this on Monday. The reason for this whole dialog is that pesky field rule lookup problem and the fact of Alpha coming to its knees during Data Entry.

Tom

Comment

This was a problem I discovered and posted in this thread:
                    http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...ight=killfocus
                    Mike W

Comment

Cal,
                      I've inserted the code, and it does definitely allow for the killfocus event. The only problem now is that, for the most part, the input operators will be keying in the segment as opposed to selecting it. Data Entry operators usually key in information rather than using the mouse to select things. It slows them down. The field takes the keystrokes and chooses whichever segment is closest to the last key entered. When I key in MONH (Medicaid Only, Nursing Home), the selection becomes HMGO (Homemaker Services - Global Options). You can see where this might cause a problem.

Mike,
                      I read through you thread. Did you ever get any resolution to the issue in ver 10?

Tom

Comment

Tom,
                        No I did not. I used the example that Ira provided to learn the intricacies of the events and eventually ended up using setfocus events on the fields that followed instead of killfocus events to run codes.

LATER:
                        I retried it with newest v10 update and Ira's event tracker dialog example and there is a killfocus event that fires when leaving an xdialog combo box now. Selwyn got it fixed!
                        Last edited by Mike Wilson; 05-10-2010, 10:53 AM.
                        Mike W

Comment

...and herein lies my frustration. We always seem to have to write around something that should work, but doesn't.

I am writing a lot of code to perform the function of field rule events that have worked very well in version 1 (yes, version 1) and version 5. This application has been solid for over 10 years. Version 9 was the first version that showed enough speed to have us consider upgrading. In March, after a year of converting code, we attempted to go live with our system. It was a major debacle. Users were locking each other out right and left. Field rule lookup tables were not defined appropriately, in fact, their path definition was missing. We spent 2 days attempting to fix problem after problem, then finally retreated to a solid version 5. After consulting with others, We bit the bullet and are writing x-dialogs to perform data entry for our client information system. There should be no lockouts, but we have to write an enormous amount of code to simulate all of the things that were done in field rules. We brought the lookup issue to Alpha as a bug, and were told, "yes, it is a bug", and "here is the fix for ver 10". We're not running ver 10.

Tom

Comment

Tom, see my later: note above.
                            Mike W

Comment

In ver 10. We spent a lot of money on multiple developer's licenses and unlimited Run Engine for ver 9. Do I now go back to my board and say, we need more money because the software we bought last year is obsolete? I like my job, and would really rather keep it.

Comment

Working...
                              X