Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

out of windows memory corrupted scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of windows memory corrupted scripts

whenever I attempt to add or edit a script, I get an error message: "out of windows memory."

for some reason all of my scripts have lost the hard return and appear as one single line of text without breaks. I can copy each script and paste them into a wordprocessor, but would like to fix them some other way.

Anyone have a suggesstion?

RE: out of windows memory corrupted scripts

Robert

Are these inline xbasic in action scripting? Inline xbasic is very limited in size. If your scripts are too large, convert them into straight xbasic. If they are straight xbasic, how large are they? I have some that exceeded 1000 lines and they still work in the code editor on a computer with limited memory. What operating system are you using and what are the available rescoures? In Win98 and WinME you need about 60% or higher available resources for nearly any program to work effectively.

Jerry

Comment

it's just plain text inline x-basic. nothing else. something just corrupted all my scripts one day.

Comment

Robert

If scripts are getted "corrupted" that would indicate corruption in the data dictionaries. This typically happens if any design changes are being made and the database is not compacted regularly. The out of memory issue may be related to the limited number of lines allowed in inline xbasic. If the data dictionary is corrupted, the program may be loading all of the code in the data dictionary, which includes old deleted code. When you make a edit in the code, the original code is just marked for deletion and stays until the files are compacted. Try compacting and see if that at least stops the problem from progressing. You may have to go back to a backup version of the ddd, ddm, ddx files for the effected tables to get the original code back.

Jerry

Comment

Robert

You may also want to search the forum for "out of memory" (in quotes). There are quite a few threads that discuss the common issues that can cause the error.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks for you reply, but I don't have backups of any of the files you mentioned.

I compact the data base each day, at least once a day, so that isn't my problem.

So, should I just load the scrips, save them in a text file, nuke the data base, start over, and paste each script as I go?

or

Is there some way to directly edit the files you mentioned, to correct them.

Comment

Robert,

pardon me if this duplicates thoughts already sent your way in earlier portions of this thread.

The most common cause for the message you're seeing is the fact that the inline editor is severely limited as to the length of scripts it can accomodate. Unlike the code editor, the inline editor will hit an 'out of memory' error quite quickly. For these situations, converting your action script, including the inline code, to Xbasic will put your entire script into the Code Editor where you will have much more room. Even here, however, it's possible (after 1000 lines or so) to hit another limit. If that should become your situation the solution is to break the big script down into modules, separately saved, and then 'play' them when you need them.

-- tom

Comment

None of my scripts are more that 20 lines long. If you took all the lines and combined them for all the scipts I wouldn't have more than 300 lines.

I've look at the other threads, and they don't say how to put the hard return back in each script.

normally a script looks like this:

dim t as p
                for x =1 to 5
                next

I have this:

dim t as pfor x=1 to 5next

in every script.

Comment

Robert

your code

dim t as pfor x=1 to 5next

won't work. To get a hard return, just press the enter key at the end of each command. Another option (not well documented) is to use a semicolon. This works well if you want to test a multiline script in the interactive window. For example, this should work ok

dim t as p;for x=1 to 5;next

Jerry

Comment

My issue is that the code was vertical. I didn't put all the code on one line. All of the code appearing on one line is the issue that I am attempting to resolve.

All of the scripts WERE vertical, with hard returns after each line. Now, ever script is one single line of words that exceed the programs ability to work with, and cause my out of memory error.

I have just gone ahead and copied each script to an ascii file and started over.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Mr. Bannerman:

I had this same problem. When I unchecked the box in program compatabilty all went back to normal.

Hope that helped.

Bob

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X