Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

A5V5 error "Form not found"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A5V5 error "Form not found"

I have a VERY strange one for your interest. Please let me know if anyone else is haveing a similar problem and if they have a solution for it.

I have a client with 75 forms and 12 browse tables. I autoload and start him from the A5 window Icon on desktop of Win98se. I run a menuing form that will direct them to the proper form.

sometimes when they click on the button to go to a form, they get the error 'form not found' "XXXXXXX". If they choose 'ignore' or 'abort' and click on the button once or twice more, the form will display.

Now for the really strange part. When i 1st started looking into the error and pressed my 'escape from menu hidden button', i noticed that the forms tabbed screen that opened did NOT have all the forms displayed. BUT in about 9-12 seconds later, boom the other 14 forms would pop into the display. AND one of the forms that popped in was the 'form not found' form ! ! !??? I found the same problem when i had the browse screen displayed, there would be 6 browses there and in 9-12 seconds the other 6 would pop into view. And the 'browse not found' would be one of those that popped into view late.

This problem is very consistant and easily repeatable using my data and the A5 programs. I have the current version of A5V5.

RE: A5V5 error

try putting a

controlpanel.refresh()

command in the code just before the form is opened.

alternatively, try to fully qualify the form name in the command that opens it.

for example, if the form is called "customer_info" and it is for the "customer" table, use this command

form.view("customer_info@c:\mydata\customer.ddd")

Comment

Don,

Do you have these forms and browses on a tabbed object? If so, how close to the edge of the tabbed object are they? If they're too close to the edge of the tabbed object, they could wander around the neighborhood.

kenn
      TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Do you have all files for this database in one(1) folder?
        efs

Comment

I forgot to ask how much RAM is in the machine, there could be some swappiing back and forth from RAM to the swap file on the hard drive. Check your resources for percentage available.
          efs

Comment

will try this today. . . thank you

Comment

these are not tabbed forms. . . the original is a conditional form in the main menu. . the button is in the middle of the framed area and opens a non-tabbed form

Comment

all files are in the same folder. There is 512M ram on this machine.

Comment

have you tried my suggestion?

form.view("customer_info@c:\mydata\customer.ddd")

i am positive that it will work.

Comment

am sorry to report that did not help or correct the problem. . . in fact it made it worse. . . now it NEVER gets to the form

also the refresh of the control panel did not help either it also made it so it neer got to the form

sorry. . . :(

Comment

Don,

Your description makes me think that possibly the video display system on the client machine is conflicting with Alpha Five. This is a wild guess, but it might behave better if you disable (or reduce) the hardware acceleration property of the client's video display adapter.

-- tom

Comment

hmmmm. . that is a thought. . but here is a question. . . how would the hardware video acceleration rate cause a "form not found" error?? opening form or browse screen have nothing to do with video acceleration. that is an application execution error.

the error is one that can be repeated time and time again.

But thanks for the thought.

Comment

You're probably right, but if it were me I'd investigate the video display subsystem.

-- tom

Comment

Hey don,

Video drivers have been a source of irritation for A5. I don't know why, but they have.

.........the error is one that can be repeated time and time again..........

If it is the drivers on the client computer, then we won't be able to repeat it but if you tell us what to do, maybe we can.

kenn
                            TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

ok. . then let's factor this in. . . Client has standard super VGA built into motherboard, I have a GEForce3 with 64m on it. . we BOTH get the same error and both see the display of 14 forms and 6 browse screens popping in when we go to control panel.

if this were a video driver problem or acceleration, then my system would be less likely because if use it for graphic intensive programs. thiers is just standard VGA with no special settings.

that being given, i think we can rule out the video problem here. Unless Selwyn has somthing he thinks is tied to this.

thanks for your input Tom and Ken. I know it doesn't sound like it but i DO appreciate your thoughts on the problem.

Sincerely Don

Comment

Working...
                              X