Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

extension MPX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extension MPX

Recent a problem occurs. The records didn't come up on the report. After hours diagnosed. I found it was mpf file which caused the problem. I deleted these files and work fine. It happens several times. So how do I do to avoid it? Thanks in advance.

Romy
    :) Romy

From the documentation...

<QUERY>.DROP()

Syntax

<QUERY>.DROP()

Description

The <QUERY>.DROP() method deletes the query list file ($$*.MPX) referenced by the <QUERY> object pointer.
    There can be only one.

Comment

I use query to search for records. if found, I will open a form or a browse to view. When I close the form or the browse, what do I do to drop the query? I mean how to retrieve query object. Thanks.

Romy

Comment

not sure what you mean by ...

I use query to search for records.
        Query genie, query by form, or how?

I did find this in the documentation.

To remove saved queries place the following Xbasic statement under the OnPush event of a button:

dim tbl as P

tbl = table.current()

tbl.query_detach_all()
        The same code could be used as the first code in the sequence that queries and opens the form or browse to view, thus removing all previous queries
        There can be only one.

Comment

Stan, thank. I use these to query.
          formfilter = "smatch(phone,'" + cphone + "*') .and. (.not. (dead_file))"
          formorder = "REF_NUMBER"
          b=Browse.load("Phone_browse")
          b:tables:address.filter_expression = formfilter
          b:tables:address.order_expression = formorder
          b:tables:address.query()
          idx = b:tables:address.index_primary_get()
          recs = idx.records_get()

if recs>0 then
          b.show()
          b.active()
          end if

I have several browses shared the same toolbar(just one button 'close'). In the button, I will put tbl.QUERY_DETACH_ALL(). But if there is not a query attached, I will get error. How to detement the browse or From which has a query?

Thanks

Romy

Comment

If you use tbl.QUERY_DETACH_ALL() and there are no queries you will not get an error.
            There can be only one.

Comment

Thanks.

Romy

Comment

This script can be attached to a button or be placed in the on exit event

Charlie Crimmel

' SET THE PATH NAMES TO AN ARRAY FOR LOOPING.
                '-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                DIM path(10) as c

path(1) = a5.get_path() + chr(92)
                path(2) = a5.get_private_path() + chr(92)
                pcount = 2
                IF a5.get_private_path() <> a5.get_exe_path()
                path(3) = a5.get_exe_path() + chr(92)
                pcount = 3
                END IF
                '--- DON'T BOTHER WITH THE SHARED PATH or MASTER PATH BECAUSE IT SHOULD
                '--- NEVER PUT THESE FILES THERE.

' NOW DELETE ANY "$$**.*" FILES THAT ARE NOT LOCKED.
                fcount = 0
                FOR x = 1 to pcount
                type_of_files = 0 + FILE_FIND_ARCHIVE + FILE_FIND_READONLY + FILE_FIND_HIDDEN
                dfiles = filefind.first( path(x) + "$$*.*", type_of_files )
                WHILE .not.dfiles.eof()
                fname = dfiles.name() '*** GET THE FILE NAME.
                ON ERROR goto Continue_next '*** FIND OUT IF THE FILE IS LOCKED.
                fp = file.open( fname, file_rw_exclusive )
                ON ERROR goto 0
                fp.close() '*** FILE IS NOT LOCKED SO CLOSE IT AND REMOVE IT.
                file.remove( fname )
                fcount = fcount + 1
                '---------------
                Continue_next:
                '---------------
                ON ERROR goto 0
                dfiles.next() '*** GET NEXT FILE IN LIST.
                statusbar.robot()
                END WHILE
                NEXT

trace.writeln( ltrim(str( fcount )) + " '$$' files deleted" )

END

Comment

I put above code on exit programing button. But It didn't work for one computer. Every two day I need to delete the *.MPX in c:\program files\a5v5runtime\. Do you think I need to reinstall runtime and re-create showdow for that computer? Thanks.

Comment

I tried to post a reply earlier but it didn't work. Let's try again....

I recommend putting the script in the Autoexec script. When you first start the application, none of the $$ files will be locked by your application and they should be able to be deleted unless someone else's system has them locked. However, when you exit, your app may still have some of the files locked and they can't be deleted.

You shouldn't be accumulating huge numbers of $$ files when using this routine even in the Exit event. It might be a day or two behind but, when it runs, it should delete anything that isn't locked. However, I did notice that you said it was on the Exit BUTTON - are you SURE your users are actually using the Exit button? If they are clicking the 'X' instead, then the files won't be deleted. That's another good thing about the Autoexec - it runs every time regardless of what the user does.

Comment

Cal,

Thank you very much for your good suggestion.

Romy

Comment

Romy,

Do you have "delete all query list files when exiting Alpha Five or closing the Database" set? This is available in the View | Settings | Queries menu.

-- tom

Comment

Yes, I already set that.

Comment

Working...
                          X