Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

summary page at end of report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

summary page at end of report

I have a report grouped by 'model'. I have a 'count' of 'model' in the group footer. Is there a way to pull each of the individual counts from the group so that it displays as a separate page?

Example:

6 model a
    10 model b
    2 model c
    23 model d
    Cheryl
    #1 Designs By Pagecrazy
    http://pagecrazy.com/

Re: summary page at end of report

Hi Cheryl,

Something like this?

Regards

Ed

Comment

Not quite, thanks for the attempt though. I will spend some time tomorrow to attach a sample report and better explanation of what I need at the end.

Later: The example I gave in my initial post, I see each of those as the group footer which we need. I need to take that a step further and pull the group footers and display them all together on one page, preferably the end of the report.

I will draft a sample data table and report tomorrow, no time left tonight :)
      Last edited by Cheryl Lemire; 03-18-2008, 07:35 PM. Reason: addl info
      Cheryl
      #1 Designs By Pagecrazy

Comment

If you know ahead of time how many groups there will be you can place calculated fields in the report footer using tablesum() or dbsum() expressions.
        There can be only one.

Comment

Thanks Stan, but we will not know that information. The groups will be different models and different numbers of groups each time the report is run.
          Cheryl
          #1 Designs By Pagecrazy

Comment

[ATTACH]16619[/ATTACH]

Comment

Gabe,

A password would be nice :)

Later: if any of the rest of the certified alphaholics are able to crack the password, what Gave has created is what I am looking for. Unfortunately Gabe likes to password protect his code, but I would really like to see the design of the report so I know how he accomplished the task and I can modify it to meet my needs.
              Last edited by Cheryl Lemire; 03-18-2008, 09:32 PM.
              Cheryl
              #1 Designs By Pagecrazy

Comment

Cheryl,
                Using G's sample....
                I can get the summaries using tablesum, but cannot yet get them to be all by themselves on the last page--the Model D group appears on the last page before the summary.

How do you know that what G has given is what you want?? As far as I can see he could very well have just used tablesum as I did for each different Model...which will not account for reporting on different models and such. As far as that goes I believe you would have to use a variable filter and then incorporate whichever Models into the calculated fields from your choices. But really has very little to do with the current problem.

:) later: Page Break puts the summary on the last page.
                Last edited by MikeC; 03-19-2008, 01:31 AM. Reason: more info....
                Mike

Comment

Hi Cheryl,

I did not read your origional post correctly. In one of my apps I have something similar, but the summary was not on a separate page like in this example.

Is this more like what you are looking for.

Look at report2

Regards

Ed

Comment

Nice use of a SubReport Ed...your example makes it so the report can have any number of Models, etc. which does satisfy Cheryl's request I believe.
                    Mike

Comment

Ed,

Thank you so much for your time. What you have done is exactly what I was looking for. I never seem to even think about trying subReports.

Mike,

I knew what Gabe did was what I was looking for because his zip was not password protected, just the design mode for the report. So I could view the report, but could not look behind the scenes :(
                      Cheryl
                      #1 Designs By Pagecrazy

Comment

Mike,

I missed this

later: Page Break puts the summary on the last page.
                        Where do I do this?

Later: nm, got it :)
                        Last edited by Cheryl Lemire; 03-19-2008, 06:53 AM.
                        Cheryl
                        #1 Designs By Pagecrazy

Comment

Cheryl,
                          G may very well have figured it out as you wanted like Ed...but I accomplished the exact same looks as G but it was limited to ONLY known Models!! Ed's use of the subreport and his calc formulas definitely do as you need whereas G's may or may not have (and mine would not have without more work either!).
                          Mike

Comment

Good Morning from the West Coast,

Glad for a change that I could give something back to the board.

I have to thank Gabe, because after seeing his report I got the challenge to do get with it. I misread your original post.

I have never used a page break. So I learned something also.

I have a report that I have been using for a while, and the only difference, was the summary which in mine is actually on the end of the last page.

Have a good one.

Ed

Comment

Working...
                            X