Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Haiti Earthquake Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haiti Earthquake Response

Alpha developer needed in NYC to support Haitian Consul.

I am working the Haitian Consul's office in NYC and they need a simple application to track offers of aid and post to the WEB funding needs for these aid offers. I am looking for a developer who can deliver this ASAP.

At this time there is no funding for this task. However, Alpha software has agreed to donate the needed software license.
    Please contact me directly if you can provide this service.
    917-828-5980

Tom Brondolo
    [email protected]
    www.brondoloassociates.com

Re: Haiti Earthquake Response

Just to clarify one issue.

We are donating our services along with many others. It is possible that some funding may come available to support the application but there are many pressing needs so the only thing you can receive at this time is the appreciation of the Haitian government.

Regards,
    Tom Brondolo

Comment

I have been in email contact with Tom and Alpha has agreed to donate the Alpha Five v10 software licenses needed to build and host this system. Also Tom - If you want - I can talk to Clive at Zebrahost.net to see if they will host the application. So the missing piece is a developer to actually build the app.

We would be happy to publicize the name of the web developer who steps up to the plate to take this project under their wing.
      Richard Rabins
      Co Chairman
      Alpha Software

Comment

A couple of us are on it, including ZebraHost.
        Steve Wood
        See my profile on IADN

Comment

If you need more developers I would be happy to help, just send me your requirements.
          and if for some reason you need a Calendar on it just ask for it ill be happy to donate lics of my calendar app.

(Edit: I should send this to the email address, done)
          Cheers
          Mauricio

Comment

Thank you all for your assistance. I expect we will start using the application developed by Steve and other others on Monday. The situation and needs are very fluid given the massive size of the disaster. I am working to identify the most critical database needs for their office and as they become defined I will post them on the site. The Consul's office has very limited resouces and they are grateful for the help.

Best Regards,

Tom Brondolo

Comment

Here is the draft. It is nothing fancy, but I expect to add a few features as requested:

http://www.ialpha5.com:81/scratch/index.a5w

The URL will change by Monday when it goes live.

This is anyone's project. So if anyone wants to participate, I can send the grid components or take advice for improvement.
              Last edited by Steve Wood; 06-17-2012, 07:21 AM.
              Steve Wood
              See my profile on IADN

Comment

Hi,
                I know there are lot of organizations that offer a way to support to the Haitian relief through monetary donation, and I'd like to offer one as well.
                The really nice thing is that 100% of your donation goes directly to relief aid with no admin percentage off the top.

The site is https://community.elca.org/NetCommun...e.aspx?pid=538

This is Lutheran Disaster Relief. The admin expense is paid by the ELCA so that 100% of the donation can go to help folks.

Thanks,
                mike
                Mike Reed
                Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Good job Steve, you should be proud of yourself, is not every day that you have the opportunity to create an application that has the potential to save human lives.

If the workload gets "heavier" I would be happy to assist you.

(Suggestion: in the Donor registration it might be useful to add the country of the Donator, just a thought anyway)
                  Last edited by mmaisterrena; 01-17-2010, 02:48 PM.
                  Cheers
                  Mauricio

Comment

Way to go, Steve and any other developers who helped. Good job!
                    Peter
                    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Let me also mention that a long time client of mine is a NGO in Guatemala where they developed a water filter that purifies 10 gal/day. They are sending 600 this week for distribution by a local Haiti NGO. They would like to send 7,000 within the month if there are donations to cover the cost ($35 each). More information at Helps International.

Bill.

Comment

To those interested - The basic website is complete, waiting for final approval and maybe a domain name.

I also have to add CAPTCHA to the input form. I know how to use "reCaptcha" API from a Dialog, but the input form here is a AJAX Grid, so not sure how to make it work just yet. If I can't I will fab something using session variable and test in the CanInsert event.

Thanks to Al Buchholz for the header graphic. On a whim I added the side map of the Americas poiting out where Haiti was. The first thing someone looking at the page said "So that's where Haiti is", so it was a good call.

The site may expand to include geo-mapping of where the NGO's are stationed on the ground.
                        Last edited by Steve Wood; 01-10-2013, 05:51 AM.
                        Steve Wood
                        See my profile on IADN

Comment

To all involved - Great Job!
                          -Steve
                          sigpic

Comment

Ditto from me. Good job to Steve, Al and all others that have helped. I know this tragedy has touched the hearts of people the world over. The level of funds raised here in the UK to help has been truly staggering and I know it has been the same the world over.

Glen
                            Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Working...
                            X