Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

What happened to my "Clarity Required" thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to my "Clarity Required" thread?

Hi Alpha,

I started a thread about this nonsense 'subscriber benefits' and for some reason it has disappeared from the forum...

I tried to search for it and received a URL reference to it for my pains (pic attached), but for some reason the forum engine could not locate the reference...

The reason I wanted to update the thread was to confirm that as promised to one thread respondent, I had written to Richard (Alpha) and expressed my concerns about the direction their marketing activities were taking with regard to committed fully paid-up professional developers and how potentially divisive this departure could be for the community.

Richard did provide a flattering reply but as yet no answers good or bad to my concerns.

So, if this new thread remains in circulation I will keep you updated...

Regards,

Paul
    Attached Files

Re: What happened to my "Clarity Required" thread?

deleted?

Comment

I'm sorry, how do you know this and why would Alpha do that without informing me of their reasons?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pulsoft View Post
        I'm sorry, how do you know this and why would Alpha do that without informing me of their reasons?

Paul
        Search for the topic on the board --> RESULT --> no find!.
        Is it gone I don't know perhaps moved or ...
        Reasons? Ask Alpha or the moderators I have no idea

Comment

Originally posted by bea2701 View Post
          Search for the topic on the board --> RESULT --> no find!.
          Is it gone I don't know perhaps moved or ...
          Reasons? Ask Alpha or the moderators I have no idea
          How do I ask the moderators?

Paul

Comment

Maybe because of the new peteconway law : read this.

But this is not the only deleted message in the forum. There are many.

Comment

I'm flattered... but I don't recall meeting the rules for being deleted, neither did the subject of this this thread. I hope you get to read this before it's removed.

I don't recall.
              The post includes foul language
              The post contains quotes from private conversations without permission (on an obviously private matter)
              The post has an obvious destructive agenda
              The post contains a personal attack
              Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
              Albert Einstein, (attributed)
              US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Originally posted by pulsoft View Post
                How do I ask the moderators?

Paul
                Paul,

The thread was deleted by Alpha, not the moderators. A second, rather innocuous one was also deleted by Alpha.
                Peter
                AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Originally posted by kkfin View Post
                  Maybe because of the new peteconway law : read this.

But this is not the only deleted message in the forum. There are many.
                  If this "Steve Wood" moderator post about forum ethics has been applied why have they not had the courtesy to inform me of their decision and their reasons why?

Look, it is not my intention to upset Alpha moderators or the Alpha owners, or to sow disharmony within the Alpha community with this thread.
                  I posted here because I genuinely believe that Alpha have got this wrong and it seems at the moment that someone does not want to own up to it...

In essence a subscription is a more expensive way of paying for products and services that entitles you to full access to the latest of everything so long as you subscribe. If you opt to buy the complete product only and not subscribe then you should still have full access to what is available at the time of purchase plus in-line updates and bug fixes.
                  If you subsequently wish to avail yourself of new features and versions then you must purchase the upgrades and/or products.
                  To me it is as obvious as that. I understand feature packs which may be purchased separately but I do not understand subscriber benefits which may not!

Simples...

Comment

I didn't delete that thread and in fact think it had merit and should not have been deleted. We (moderators) quickly wrote those rules to deal with a different situation, a specific user (now expelled) that was being very foul -- and any similar situation that might come up in the future.
                    Steve Wood
                    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Wood View Post
                      I didn't delete that thread and in fact think it had merit and should not have been deleted. We (moderators) quickly wrote those rules to deal with a different situation, a specific user (now expelled) that was being very foul -- and any similar situation that might come up in the future.
                      Thanks for the heads up Steve.

Comment

Paul,

With respect, I think your attitude is being confused with your sentiment. I do not agree with how you are voicing your opinion about the new sales approach from Alpha on this forum. However, I do agree with you that there is an element of ambiguity, as to whether non subscribers will be allowed to purchase individual Feature Packs or not.

It would be helpful I'm sure, to you and several others, if this point can be clarified. I would suggest you ask the sales department direct rather than through the forum. It is here to be used for questions and help about the product, not I suggest, Alpha's approach to sales and marketing.
                        Regards
                        Keith Hubert
                        Alpha Guild Member
                        London.
                        KHDB Management Systems
                        Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Hubert View Post
                          Paul,

With respect, I think your attitude is being confused with your sentiment. I do not agree with how you are voicing your opinion about the new sales approach from Alpha on this forum. However, I do agree with you that there is an element of ambiguity, as to whether non subscribers will be allowed to purchase individual Feature Packs or not.

It would be helpful I'm sure, to you and several others, if this point can be clarified. I would suggest you ask the sales department direct rather than through the forum. It is here to be used for questions and help about the product, not I suggest, Alpha's approach to sales and marketing.
                          With even more respect to you Keith, you really should read the whole thread and get your facts right...

Paul

Comment

Could somebody please tell me exactly how to get my "subscriber benefits?"
                            (It seems as if email inquiries to Alpha Sales typically go unanswered.)

I get the most recent updates, but that's what we all download, right? Everyone who downloads build 2627-3913 - Released - 22-Apr-2012 -10:10 selects the same (beta) file to install. (Which supposedly has special features for subscribers as indicated at bottom of this post.) So how do special featuers get activated only for subscribers? ~I certainly don't think I have the ability to turn on extra a5 functionality.

I'm sad to think this way: But the present subscription doesn't run out until this October anyways, and I don't see the point of having just renewed in advance. (Since now I don't even think I'm getting what I should be getting in the first place)..... I just looked back through all my emails from Alpha. ~Having never received any links or registration codes for special "subscriber benefits", this whole subscription thing is beginning to look like "smoke & mirrors" from my perspective.

I certainly shouldn't need to be making phone calls to receive/confirm these extra "subscriber benefits", right?

M50 - Grid/Dialog - Action Javascript - Message Box Action - Advanced Options (Subscriber Benefit)
                            D46 - Dialog - Geocoding Data when Records are Saved (Subscriber Benefit)
                            D47 - Dialog - Server Side Events For CRUD Operations (Subscriber Benefit)
                            D49 - Dialog - Displaying a Fade Out Message to Confirm that Record was Saved (Subscriber Benefit)

So exactly where are they, and how do they get turned on? At the very least, I should have usage of them until at least October, right? IMHO, (putting it nicely) Alpha has certainly "put the cart in front of the horse on this one!"
                            Last edited by SNusa; 04-23-2012, 01:35 PM.
                            Robert T. ~ "I enjoy manipulating data... just not my data."
                            It's all about the "framework." (I suppose an "a5-induced" hard drive crash is now in order?)
                            RELOADED: My current posting activity here merely represents a "Momentary Lapse Of Reason."

Comment

Robert,

There should have been one email sent to you with a serial number to enter......after that, any additional subscriber benefits should be accessible..... I look at as if they are bonus properties or methods.

J

Comment

Working...
                              X