Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Wiki not responding ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiki not responding ???

I have tried for two days to reach 'wiki' but it is not available (see attached)

Anybody can tell us what's wrong????

wiki.PNG

Re: Wiki not responding ???

David

It's (was) working for me...

Can you ping wiki.alphasoftware.com and see what IP address it is pointing to?
    Last edited by Al Buchholz; 04-29-2012, 07:22 PM.
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD
    Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
    Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
    "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    Albert Einstein

http://www.iadn.com/images/media/iadn_member.png

Comment

Al

I tried this and this is the answer.

wiki1.PNG

If you know the ip address I could try this.

Comment

A couple of us have found that, over the last few days, getting to the wiki and the message board via Firefox has been a problem. Switching to Chrome or Safari, however, usually shows the sites are available. Don't know why.
        -Steve
        sigpic

Comment

Message Board has appeared as "unavailable" several times today - I'm using IE8. Main Alpha site also froze a couple of times today but a refresh restored the connection, it may be unrelated to what others are experiencing but it never happened before?

Comment

I think it's having a bad hair day...

Not working here either....
            Al Buchholz
            Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS
            Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
            When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

after a short message board outage, I'm now seeing the wiki and message board...

How is it working down there - tomorrow???
              Al Buchholz
              Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS
              Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't have a problem getting into the Wiki, At least I don't think I do. With A5 open, I click on Help and then click either Wiki Search Assistant or Open Documentation. The result is the same. The new Wiki opens showing the Topic List, Table of Contents and Favorites tabs in the box are on the left and in the one on the right, there are 5 tabs with various topics, none of which are the ones I've been viewing.

I do have a problem after clicking on the release candidate link for the last two days. I get this message: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". It appears to me that the wiki I am now getting is not complete. I would like to see if there is an update for the new wiki as all I can do is search the Topic list.

kenn
                TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Well happily it is now working at 10.50pm on Monday evening.... just so that you see how far ahead of you we are!

Thanks for your concern.

Cheers

David

Comment

Definitely been some issues over the past few days. Didn't matter what browser.
                    It's been "up & down" with intermittent connectivity here too.
                    Seems awkward that this is happening just when the new offline (wiki based/cached) help features are rolling out in a5.
                    (maybe it's related)
                    Robert T. ~ "I enjoy manipulating data... just not my data."
                    It's all about the "framework." (I suppose an "a5-induced" hard drive crash is now in order?)
                    RELOADED: My current posting activity here merely represents a "Momentary Lapse Of Reason."

Comment

I have not been able to get on the wiki or msgboard from home since last Friday.

Using a remote login to my office could not get either until Monday.

Comment

There was a DNS misconfiguration introduced on Friday afternoon which caused sites to be occasionally unavailable for some users even though the servers remained online. That problem has now been fixed and everything should be operating properly again at this point. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Lenny Forziati
                        Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
                        Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Can confirm I am back on at home, thanks Lenny

Comment

Working...
                          X