Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Time for the next alpha conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for the next alpha conference?

Count me in!

Comment

I would like to see information tracks for different levels of users.

Comment

I would just like to meet another real, live, human being that actually knows what A5 is!

Have been contemplating trying to get an A5 User Group going here in Calgary, AB. A Google search on Alpha Five User Group brings up a dearth of results, most of which are very old.

So if any of you out there are from Cow Town or area, PM me here and let's see if we can get something going If nothing else, grab a coffee or three somewhere! I'll buy! :)
        Cheers!
        Lyle Chamney
        http://www.2ninerniner2.com/
        Websites rebuilt with WordPress
        http://goodcheapfastwebsites.com/
        Complete, ready to install WordPress websites
        http://snifflevalve.com
        WordPress training and tutorials

Comment

How about a more coordinted User Group meeting structure where the "conference" was in fifteen places around the world on roughly the same date. User Groups meet whenever they want (or not at all) but once a year the meeting is all day and has the same content worldwide, as a coordinted effort. You could decide to go to a meeting 10 miles away, or 5000 depending on your interest. There would be one or more Trainers that would provide live instruction, although probably remote unless they lived local. Once the Training portion was complete, there could be hands-on and discussion in each place, followed by BBQ and beer. An ultimate option would be for each group to somehow share their experience between all groups. So you still get the effect of a live conference, and the training content, but travel would be reduced and it would be easier to commit to a once-per-year consistent schedule.
          Steve Wood
          See my profile on IADN

Comment

bea2701 (eric) - if you get your way and its Amsterdam how many of us can stay with you? :)
            Regards,

John W.
            www.CustomReportWriters.net

Comment

>>I hear that Amsterdam is a fun town

The food is better in Antwerp and you're only 1 hour away from the Venice of the north: Bruges.
              Diehards can drive up to Amsterdam in 90 minutes
              Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper87 View Post
                Venice of the north:
                With the amount of rain we have had this year so far that would be the UK! Anyone heading here for the Olympics.. bring wet suits, flippers and snorkels!
                Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Didn't they invent the concept of rain in the UK ?
                  Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper87 View Post
                    Didn't they invent the concept of rain in the UK ?
                    We currently have the monopoly!
                    Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 2ninerniner2 View Post
                      I would just like to meet another real, live, human being that actually knows what A5 is!

Have been contemplating trying to get an A5 User Group going here in Calgary, AB. A Google search on Alpha Five User Group brings up a dearth of results, most of which are very old.

So if any of you out there are from Cow Town or area, PM me here and let's see if we can get something going If nothing else, grab a coffee or three somewhere! I'll buy! :)
                      You might also consider starting a Meetup group for your area. I know that our local PHP, Wordpress, Rails, .NET, etc., groups here in the Pacific Northwest are amazingly active. And if you're not up to starting a group quite yet, you could attend a related "Meetup" group and spread the word of A5.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Wood View Post
                        How about a more coordinted User Group meeting structure where the "conference" was in fifteen places around the world on roughly the same date.
                        Great idea! I think your concept could be modeled after WordPress' annual 'WordCamp' workshops held throughout the world, with a mother conference being always held, in their case, in San Francisco.

Comment

Thanks for the WordPress example, I will look into it. Although it is a daunting task, I have always wanted to sponsor a training seminar on the West Coast, San Francisco or other Bay Area.
                          Steve Wood
                          See my profile on IADN

Comment

Originally posted by waldhorn View Post
                            You might also consider starting a Meetup group for your area. I know that our local PHP, Wordpress, Rails, .NET, etc., groups here in the Pacific Northwest are amazingly active. And if you're not up to starting a group quite yet, you could attend a related "Meetup" group and spread the word of A5.
                            Thanks for the info on Meetup, Mark! I had not heard of that and it may be just the way to get things rolling :)
                            Cheers!
                            Lyle Chamney
                            http://www.2ninerniner2.com/
                            Websites rebuilt with WordPress
                            http://goodcheapfastwebsites.com/
                            Complete, ready to install WordPress websites
                            http://snifflevalve.com
                            WordPress training and tutorials

Comment

a coordinated User Group meeting structure where the "conference" was in fifteen places around the world on roughly the same date.
                              Steve, might you elaborate a bit more? This is an interesting idea. If it's not on the same day then the presenters are doing a repeat performance. For that matter, it could be sent to each PC as some training has been done. While that greatly reduces the expense, it also greatly reduces what might be considered the main purpose, after the training of course, the socializing and getting to know each other which in itself, is invaluable training.

When the conferences were first held, it was early enough in the year and that allowed me to attend. When it was held in May, it conflicted with my main job training schedule so.........
                              TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Comment

Ken, well lets put our heads together. The problem with always waiting for the "next" conference is that they are undefined, scheduled at whim. Years pass between conferences because the people that might put them on are busy. If we had a bunch of mini-conferences on a pretty regular schedule, once a year, then you could attend in the city of your choice. Maybe you would go to the one where you would meet certain people, or the one that came with a tee time or whitewater rafting event!

Although you can see that IADN has a series of training classes starting Sept, I have not really "announced" them yet. They are all set on the calendar, but the Class Outlines and such are not in place. Training and Conferences go together so perhaps IADN can add annual face-to-face events in several locations around the world -- I'd need a coordinator at each physical location.
                                Steve Wood
                                See my profile on IADN

Comment

Working...
                                X