Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

So, 204 replies to Where are you. (As at today).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, 204 replies to Where are you. (As at today).

204 replies out of 14,323 registered members seems a bit light, doesn't it?

Is there any way of finding out how many users really are current and how many have dropped off the perch?

I have noticed a reduction in posts on the DT Forums over the past 6 months, and presume it is being overtaken by the WAS side.

Anyone noticed something different?
    See our Hybrid Option here;
    https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
    You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Re: So, 204 replies to Where are you. (As at today).

Originally posted by Ted Giles View Post
    204 replies out of 14,323 registered members seems a bit light, doesn't it?
    I don't think so. Ii really did not see much of a point to that thread, It would be much better if all of the people who did respond actually edited their profile and added their location.

I too have noticed a drop off in posts. I'll be optimistic and think that the improvement in the documentation in V11 has helped a bit along with the videos. There seem to be less posts about where to find things in the documentation.
    Bill Griffin
    Parkell, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Giles View Post
      I have noticed a reduction in posts on the DT Forums over the past 6 months, and presume it is being overtaken by the WAS side.

Anyone noticed something different?
      Yup

Originally posted by Bill Griffin View Post
      I too have noticed a drop off in posts. I'll be optimistic and think that the improvement in the documentation in V11 has helped a bit along with the videos.
      I'll be pessimistic and to paraphrase Paul Krugman, we're effectively in a low-level depression.
      Peter
      AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
      https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

I am new but activity seems to have dropped. I rely on reading the message board to learn A5, so while I dont post a whole lot, I am reading the posts several times a day.

Concerning the depression, all I know is my small business has taken a real nose dive since 2008, which is the reason I trying to get my off the shelf app completed using A5.
        Regards,

John W.
        www.CustomReportWriters.net

Comment

worldwide Alpha Developer map

For fun, go to the IADN website and update or add your Address under MyAccount and I will generate a worldwide Google map of all Alpha Five developers.

Go to http://alphadevnet.com/myaccount.a5w and either login or create an account.

Include at least your City, State, Country and Postal Code. There also is a place to add a brief statement about yourself. I will add this to the rollover on the map for your marker.

Since many developers live in the same city, you should include your Address so that the Google markers are separated -- however for privacy, I won't display your address on the map and the marker will be at an "approximate" location near your address.

There are already 500+ members at IADN but I only collected Country up to this point.
          Steve Wood
          See my profile on IADN

Comment

There's so much scope for DT development, especially in the SME (small-medium enterprise) that DT apps must still be getting deployed big time (I like to believe). I do know that even with the little traffic in comparison to WAS on the BB I still always get help when I have a need on the DT side.
            I can only assume that Web comes with more questions. I see a lot not answered.

Comment

Include at least your City, State, Country and Postal Code. There also is a place to add a brief statement about yourself. I will add this to the rollover on the map for your marker.
              Yep done that. Still only 3 in the UK

I see a lot not answered.
              That's only 'cos your not up to speed yet

BTW. SME sometimes means Subject Matter Expert in Local Gvmt in the UK, Ray.

Comment

Ted - you are probably looking at the Developer map. Those are the IADN Developer's, not to be confused with map I have not created yet of the Alpha Five Developer At Large. Actually I was just looking for instructions for the Google Map Component that does not rely on a grid, I want to pull direct from the users table, no grid.
                Steve Wood
                See my profile on IADN

Comment

Not pushin Steve, and I was indeed looking at the expensive version.

I've often used a very acceptable excuse which has served me well in the past Steve.
                  "Sorry Madam, but you lost data and complete system meltdown was due to a flash back of static through the interface"

In all honesty and seriousness, I'd be keen to see how many UK users there are. Getting peolple to complete their profiles is the same as trying to herd cats.
                  As distance is no barrier now, I have started working with people whom I've met via the Forum, who I've never met and not likely to meet unless the apps really take off.
                  There is a good opportunity for collaborative working I'm sure.

Comment

!!

Here is the map of Alpha Five Users At Large: http://www.alphadevnet.com/web_users_location_map.a5w

I think it will blow everyone away to see the 481 markers. I am sure the user data needs to be cleaned up.

In September I will email all members individually to ask them to update their record, or if they want to be purged. By then I will have thought up a few questions to include in the profile.
                    Steve Wood
                    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Interesting map Steve!
                      Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

This is the business Steve.
                        Shows that we are not alone preaching the Alpha message.
                        Many thanks, and will you be maiking it available for people lookig for other Alpha users?

Comment

Excellent work, Steve! :)

Gee, we could slide two tables together at a Denny's to hold the Western Canada Alpha Five Users Group meetings ... and still have room for one more! :)
                          Cheers!
                          Lyle Chamney
                          http://www.2ninerniner2.com/
                          Websites rebuilt with WordPress
                          http://goodcheapfastwebsites.com/
                          Complete, ready to install WordPress websites
                          http://snifflevalve.com
                          WordPress training and tutorials

Comment

The map is still inaccurate. Most individuals just have their Country listed, maybe a State or Province. So a massive number of markers are just stacked upon each other in the middle of the bigger countries. And some are way off if the user entered something odd for Country. When the list was first created the Country field was just a blank rather than a dropdown, so an entry of "GB" for Country doesn't tell Google where to put the marker, so it appears to guess.

So I repeat form my earlier post: Go to http://alphadevnet.com/myaccount.a5w and either login or create an account.

Steve Wood
                            See my profile on IADN

Comment

You only have to look at the main page to see the reduction in DT forum. The total stats stare you in the face for each forum. A drop has occurred in posts with each version and while the time of life is a factor to modify figures I think the number between V10 and V11 says a lot. In fact v11 is tracking at less than 20% of ver 10 DT while at the same time V11 Web is tracking at nearly 50% of the V10 brother. It will take a long time for V11 to over take V10 (if it does at all), but the web side will probably end up greater. I would say that the raw stats of this site would a good marketing tool to anaylse the trend and growth of the current market. This definitely justifies Alpha priority of development on the web side.
                              -----------------------------------------------
                              Regards
                              Mark Pearson
                              [email protected]
                              Youtube channel
                              Website

Comment

Working...
                              X