Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

No Interest Student Loan Management System Built with Alpha Anywhere and MS SQL server - Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Interest Student Loan Management System Built with Alpha Anywhere and MS SQL server - Article

Hi All,

Check the No Interest Student Loan Management article and how an Alpha Five app increased payment collections for about 40%. In addition, using CKEditor to create unlimited mail merge reports. These reports could be created by the end user. See videos in this article.

Regards,

Doron
    The Farber Consulting Group, Inc.

Web site: http://www.dFarber.com
    MS SQL Blog: http://www.dfarber.com/computer-consulting-blog.aspx
    Convert Ms Access to Web
    MS SQL Remote DBA

Re: No Interest Student Loan Management System Built with Alpha Anywhere and MS SQL server - Article

Very nice work! Congrats and thanks for sharing. Some day I hope to be able to something as nice as that field picker in the drop down for the mail merge (report).
    NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Re: No Interest Student Loan Management System Built with Alpha Anywhere and MS SQL server - Article

Oh save me!
      101 stuff, and I can read.
      Sorry to be blunt, but I have just developed prototype for a major player in the UK in 2 hours. Covered a lot of this.
      If you want to sell your application - and I'm on side here, contact;

www.applicationallstars.com

It's an excellent marketing tool.

And get on the wagon
      See our Hybrid Option here;
      https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
      You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

Hi Ted,

Don't seem to understand your point of view of your message, and your link does not work as well.

Behind that application there is a lot of algorithm written in MS SQL script and design to support different views so all calculations are done in the database level. Developing an application is not just the user interface, I am sure you know that.

To understand what we do in MS SQL you can see this link at: MS SQL Remote DBA or see how we design database.

Even when using the CKEditor (Check this video) there is a lot of database work to support that. Other than that developing with A5 is great and fast.<s>

Regards,

Doron

Convert Ms Access to Web
        MS SQL Remote DBA

Comment

Hey Charles,

Thanks for the good words and if you need any help in the future just let me know.

Regards,

Doron

Convert Ms Access to Web
          MS SQL Remote DBA
          Alpha Five Development

Comment

Ted your link does not work and I have no idea what you mean by your post....hope all is well
            NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Hi Doron,

Thanks for the posting, your application looks pretty good and clean, I like the mail merge facility with the implementation of the CKEditor.

Can you explain what is the logic behind the mail merge process shown here?

Thanks!!!
              Edhy Rijo
              Progytech
              (Computer Consultants)
              The makers of CardTracking.Net
              www.progytech.com

Comment

Ted your link does not work and I have no idea what you mean by your post....hope all is well
                Apologies, a rushed comment which I should have explained.
                In my role of Professor, I have had to explain complex and difficult situations in writing, but never assumed that the audience were deficient in the ability to read the text.
                I have a passionate aversion to having someone read the text off the screen when I am able to do this myself. It implies that the viewer is in some way simple. This is the way the Video format seems to run.
                In addition, I am unclear as to why it seems appropriate to advertise - "Look at me mom!" - on this Forum. If we all did this it would get clogged up pretty quickly.

While I am all in favour of sales of software, here is not the right place.

Unless I am mistaken, the originator has contributed little to the Forum content other than 2 other "look at me" posts in General Questions. On the other hand, the name might be an alias and they have contributed - but who knows.

As for the link. I will investigate and get back when I have more information.
                Applicationallstars is a showcase for anyone's software, with help on marketing and presentation.
                See our Hybrid Option here;
                https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
                You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

I thought the post was informative and the author of the video did a good job of explaining the product, even though I also have the "ability" to read.
                  Ted, are you an admin here?

Now I am just teasing but
                  I could liken you post to say that I feel nobody should use orange pumpkins as their avatar in November because this isnt the place to promote Halloween. One could draw the conclusion that you are orange and angry and if we all did that it would look like some sort of cult around here, lol

Comment

Here's another vote that thought the video presentation was interesting and informative. I enjoy seeing what others, more capable than I, are doing with Alpha and would like to see more. Since this forum is for developers of all skill levels of Alpha and a go-to place for those thinking about using Alpha, this seems to be a perfect place to showcase what others are doing with it. Perhaps a separate location in the forum should be created just for the presentation and showcasing of developer solutions.

Comment

I understand Ted's point about blowing your own horn. But OTOH, it's a nice application and it is helpful to many of us to see what others have done. We can be extremely modest and never share our work and then no one will see what others have done nor will they know what Alpha is capable of. All in all I think it is a nice presentation and a very respectable piece of work - and useful to most of us to see.
                      Peter
                      AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                      https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

A while back I posted on this forum that I was done with my first attempt at off the shelf software. I made the post as a way to say thanks for the help I received from many of the people on the forum.

The next thing I knew people from the forum were looking at the app and finding fault, questioning my comments about being done and more. The whole point of my post was to say thanks for all the help and that was sorely missed. So from personal experience, I will never again make a post or link about any app I have completed on this forum.

I will say that Ted is correct there should be a better place for Alpha developers to post information about the apps they have done. Currently,there is none. I also know that Ted, myself and others are trying to fill this gap by opening up the ' applicationallstars' site. For many, this will be a good place for independent developers to display their software and through that promote their business. If you are interested in what this effort is all about I suggest you contact Ted via PM or by email.

Finally, its always exciting to hear that an app meets a need and achieves a positive outcome. I suspect this app could be showcased on the the Alpha blog or referenced in the news letter. So congratulations!
                        Regards,

John W.
                        www.CustomReportWriters.net

Comment

Hi John,

Interesting point of view.

Alpha Five created an article of that application in their blog. It solved multiple problems. Check Printing, dunning letters management, Track down delinquent students and much more. Details could be found in here.

Here is the A5 article: No Interest Student Loan Management

Regards,

Doron

Convert Ms Access to Web
                          MS SQL Remote DBA
                          Alpha Five Development

Comment

Doron - I am glad to hear Alpha Software did recognize the effort. While I keep tabs on what is going on with the Alpha community after the release of AA I moved to another development platform. I will maintain my A5 apps but I am not doing any new work with it.

Regardless of platform, my feeling is there are any number independent developers who don't gain the attention of AS and would like to show their work. They would also in some cases perhaps to like to stage it for marketing to a wider audience. Our hope is the site currently being staged will help fill a niche and more over time.

Anyway, once again congratulations on the app, successful outcomes speak for themselves.
                            Regards,

John W.
                            www.CustomReportWriters.net

Comment

applicationallstars.com is not yet opened? I have heard rumors about what it will be and will place many of our applications in their store if it is what is being said.

Comment

Working...
                              X