Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Website check please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website check please

Please check this website for appearance, function and other for me. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so My gem may be a catastrophy of reality, but I give and will be selling alpha built software at the site and would like it to look good. This is done in joomla where alpha web apps can in the back other stuff.

The contact form is not done yet, but please respond here?
    Thanks in advance.

http://www.aalda.com
    or
    http://www.aldaweb.com
    Last edited by DaveM; 03-17-2014, 08:54 PM.
    Dave Mason
    [email protected]
    Skype is dave.mason46

Re: Website check please

Hi Dave,

I assume there was meant to be a link in your post.
    Regards
    Keith Hubert
    Alpha Guild Member
    London.
    KHDB Management Systems
    Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Thanks Keith.
      Dave Mason
      [email protected]
      Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Dave,
        The website looks OK. The only two things I'd change are:

- The cursive font found in the header and some other sections, such as:
        * Consulting (ALDA font is OK)
        * Websites, Desktop Applications ... Interaction

My suggestion would be to use something like Tahoma or Verdana.

- The image sizes of Versatility and Multiple Ways to Work.
        My suggestion is to make them larger, occupying most of
        the available space.

By the way, in my browser (Firefox v27) the Websites, Desktop Applications
        ... Interaction text overlaps (I think in English it might be "bleeds"?) the
        red background in the right-hand part.

Hope it helps,
        Felix

Comment

Dave,

I agree with Felix on the font choices. The fewer fonts, the easier to read. Also many of your graphics need some work, some are too big for the slider and the low res graphics take away from the clean, new look of the site.

Bill
          Bill Griffin
          Parkell, Inc

Comment

I did listen, but can't find the font differences, they are the standards for the theme. Fixed the graphics.
            Thanks guys
            Placed a forum posting here: http://forum.applicationallstars.com....php?f=45&t=80
            Dave Mason
            [email protected]
            Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Looks OK to me Dave, not sure about mixing personal and business though.
              See our Hybrid Option here;
              https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
              You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

Dave,

I would consider using a border on the table on the pricing page and using the top row as headers. The Development page is bit confusing with the four long columns. I might suggest using a brief paragraph with a read more button going to a full width layout or two column layout with graphics.

Other than those few things I find the site nicely laid out.

One more thing, the image links in the corners, I might also use the image title in the code that tells where the browser is going. I personally don't like clicking and not knowing where I'm going. Like title="F.A.Q."
                Thanks,

Marc McCall

Version 12.3 2128 -4292
                MySQL backend

If at first you don�t succeed, call it version 1.0

Comment

Thanks Mark, I have been thinking similar and will do something about it. In fact I may place a blog in there with several blogs that will show the first paragraph that will open to a full read on click.

By the way, that was not a table. It is now.
                  Last edited by DaveM; 04-17-2014, 01:52 PM.
                  Dave Mason
                  [email protected]
                  Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

David,
                    What service did you install your website? Zebra Host or GoDaddy?

Jim

Comment

Jim, David's website is not built using Alpha Five, so it probably is not applicable to your A5 servers installation issues.
                      Steve Wood
                      See my profile on IADN

Comment

This one is on a namechep host. It is a Linux host and not for alpha. There is no alpha databases attached to this one. It is just a website. It is built on joomla and a database can be attached and possibly with an api to the data on a windows server.

I also use smarterasp.net that does nothing but windows servers. I have a cheap hosting account the that is strictly for testing, but a faster service for production is more, but at the same host. Smarterasp.net seems to bend with the developer a lot.
                        Dave Mason
                        [email protected]
                        Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
                          I also use smarterasp.net that does nothing but windows servers. I have a cheap hosting account the that is strictly for testing, but a faster service for production is more, but at the same host. Smarterasp.net seems to bend with the developer a lot.
                          Which plan are you using for testing Dave?

Comment

The small one. It is inexpensive and for one user, it is not bad. It would not be sufficient for larger numbers of people Preston.
                            They have a free one for so many days, but I wanted something a bit stronger.
                            Dave Mason
                            [email protected]
                            Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post
                              The small one. It is inexpensive and for one user, it is not bad. It would not be sufficient for larger numbers of people Preston.
                              They have a free one for so many days, but I wanted something a bit stronger.

The cheapest VPS I see over there is $59.95 a month. Are you using the $2.95 a month hosting plan for testing? If so how do you handle the app server or does that plan include remote desktop so you can install and run the app server?

I am just asking because for testing I just port a url to my local machine and use it as a web server. It free that way. Not a good thing to do for deployment but works great for testing.

Comment

Working...
                              X