Attached is a script I designed to help automate both full optimization and refresh optimization in an application where I DON'T want the user to ever have access to the control panel.

The principal is simple:
1. Create two icons - one starts the shadow version and the other starts the network version directly. I have my installation program set up to create the various icons automatically. (I put the shadow version on the Desktop and the full version in the Start/Programs area and titled it " from Network".)
2. Design a script that runs 'Refresh' only from the shadow database and runs the full optimize only from the network (main) database.
3. Design the full optimize to send the appropriate keystrokes so the user never has access to the control panel.

See the notes in the script itself for more details.

Unfortunately, I haven't actually tried it on a real network yet. So far I've only been able to try it with various drives on my local computer (I have logical drives C: thru G:) and it seems to work just fine. If someone could confirm this on a real network, I would appreciate some confirmation.

I hope this is a useful as I think it will be.

Cal