Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Single File Alpha 5 Installation Maker (APPin Plugin Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single File Alpha 5 Installation Maker (APPin Plugin Beta)

Astrum and bytessence are not the same unless they merge somehow.

I have looked at both, although it has been a while.
    Astrum shows a price, but they don't take your money. At least, that was how it was the last time I was there.

I just re-visited astrum site. You cannot pay even if you want to.

As a one file installer, it works perfect for me. I can install the server files and/or install the runtime with the shadow already made including the shortcuts and other I may need on the desktop.
    By installing both from one file, you have both installs in the one file and ask which to install.
    I prefer making 2 installs. One for the server and a separate one for the workstations.

It seems many installers today are free. Many have just gone away.

Some people have gone to zip file methods. It works, but just a little harder to set up and harder to implement at a site far away. A really good batch file included can be your best friend.
    Last edited by DaveM; 02-03-2015, 05:04 PM.
    Dave Mason
    [email protected]
    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

I'm less than 2 months away from releasing version 2.0 which will have a alot of modifications and capabilities I did not have time to fit into my original release. Version 2.0 will also be documented and have a simplier interface. As always, the plugin will rely on the Inno Installation engine. I will post a definitive date at a later time.
      Thanks,
      James

Comment

James,

New to Inno Setup:
        On Inno Setup I cannot seem to launch the program with the splash screen after update completed.

My script:
        [Run]
        Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,{#StringChange(MyAppName, '&', '&&')}}"; Parameters: """{app}\whc.adb"" -splash=""cms_logo.jpg"" -title=""Transport Network""
        -icon=""cms.ico"""; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

Can you assist ?

Walter

Comment

Walter, Im happy to assist if I can. Let me make sure I understand the issue:

It looks like you used the Appin plugin and successfully created an installation exe. When you run the installation script, it installs the program but on the last screen the checkbox (checked) to open the application does not open the application. If this is correct, please answer the following otherwise describe your issue in more detail.
          1. The Appin plugin utilizes a user created file to execute Alpha's command line options. Can you attach the file you used so I can check it for error's? I prefer to use the source even though you included the text in your original message.
          2. You first message called it an "update". Did you create a "full install" before the update? Did the command line options in the full install work correctly?

Let me know.
          Thanks,
          James

Comment

James,

I am not using the plugin - all manually coded.
            1. Do you mean the .iss file ? - I copy the icon files as well - they are working 100% - it opens the splash screens as well.
            2. Yes, this question relates to a full install or an update. I want the user to choose to open the application once installed or updated. It is a tick box at the end on the installation

The code in my original message works, it is only the splash screen NOT showing.

[Icons]
            ;Name: "{app}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; IconFilename: "{app}\cms.ico"; Parameters: "whc.adb"
            Name: "{app}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; IconFilename: "{app}\cms.ico"; Parameters: """{app}\whc.adb"" -splash=""cms_logo.jpg"" -title=""Transport Network"" -icon=""cms.ico""";

Name: "{group}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; IconFilename: "{app}\cms.ico"; Parameters: """{app}\whc.adb"" -splash=""cms_logo.jpg"" -title=""Transport Network"" -icon=""cms.ico""";
            Name: "{commondesktop}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; IconFilename: "{app}\cms.ico"; Parameters: """{app}\whc.adb"" -splash=""cms_logo.jpg"" -title=""Transport Network"" -icon=""cms.ico""";
            Name: "{group}\Uninstall {#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{uninstallexe}"; WorkingDir: "{app}"

[Run]
            Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,{#StringChange(MyAppName, '&', '&&')}}"; Parameters: """{app}\whc.adb"" -splash=""cms_logo.jpg"" -title=""Transport Network"" -icon=""cms.ico"""; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

Comment

Walter, if you are only having an issue with you splash screen, I don't think it is an issue with Inno. My plugin creates the icons and Run command a little differently. As such, you may want to try the following:

Create a file called "startup.txt" and include the following:
              Code:
              -ICON ="cms"
              -SPLASH="cms_logo.jpg"
              -TITLE="Transport Network"
              Change your Inno code to:
              Code:
              [Run]
              Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,{#StringChange(MyAppName, '&', '&&')}}"; Parameters: """{app}\whc.adb"" -INCLUDE=""{app}\startup.txt"""; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent
              If this works, change your parameters code in the [Icon] section. You may also want to try and change the "nowait" flag to "shellexec".

I'm not sure why your runtime is in the "{app}" directory when it is usually in the "{pf}" directory. Change if this is the case.

One last thing, if none of this works, try using a .bmp file instead.

Let me know how it goes.
              Thanks,
              James

Comment

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.
                I like the startup.txt file - makes it a bit easier.

OK, I have tried all your suggestions and changes, but it will not open with the splash screen.
                I have added the startup.txt file to the other icons, and with those icons it works with the .jpg and a .bmp splash file.

Code:
                [Icons]

Name: "{app}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; IconFilename: "{app}\cms.ico"; Parameters:  """{app}\whc.adb"" -INCLUDE=""{app}\startup.txt""";
                Name: "{group}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; IconFilename: "{app}\cms.ico"; Parameters:  """{app}\whc.adb"" -INCLUDE=""{app}\startup.txt""";
                Name: "{commondesktop}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; WorkingDir: "{app}"; IconFilename: "{app}\cms.ico"; Parameters:  """{app}\whc.adb"" -INCLUDE=""{app}\startup.txt""";
                Changed the splash file to a .bmp - no difference
                I also tried shellexec in place of nowait - no difference.
                Code:
                [Run]
                Filename: "{app}\A5v11Runtime\alpha5.exe"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,{#StringChange(MyAppName, '&', '&&')}}"; Parameters: """{app}\whc.adb"" -INCLUDE=""{app}\startup.txt"""; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

Regards

Comment

Re: APPin v2.0 released

Appin version 2.0 has been released. Below is your link to download a copy. Please uninstall version 1.* before you install. Please do not post any remarks concerning v2.0 here. Instead use the new thread created for v2.0.
                  Thanks,
                  James

Comment

Working...
                  X