Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

mandrill attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mandrill attachments

So I know there are two ways to add attachments to mandrill...

"ms.attachments" -- this is just a comma delimited list of file locations on the server

"ms.attachmentsArray" -- an array of attachments where you set the name, type, and content

Is there a way to combine these two in the same mandrill call?

Here is my use case, a user selects certain files that are attached to a particular unique ID (they will select these from a list which will give me the file paths), but they will also want to send an invoice along with these files (the invoice doesn't exist as a file on the server but would be printed using the report server and the xBasic option to add it to an email in mandrill). In selwyn's video he uses the ms.attachmentsArray of mandril but it doesn't look like there is a way to dynamically set how many attachments there are when you set up this variable (unless you can say attachmentsArray[] and then just add as many as you want?). So I was thinking I could maybe combine these two options to do what I want, anyone know if this is possible?

I figure my other option (which I'm still not sure yet how to implement) would be to save the printed report (using the a5_report_saveAs method) and then just using ms.attachments to send the attachments with the email but I'm not sure the timing would work (i.e. giving the report enough time to save so that when I get a pointer to its file location it will exist to send). I'm also weary about this procedure because I don't want to end up with a bunch of duplicate invoice reports sitting on the server (and I'm not sure there is an easy way to delete the invoice file after it is confirmed the email is sent to the mandrill service).

Thanks for any feedback!

Re: mandrill attachments

Well after staying up all night I am at a loss for what to do here. I was able to convert a run report (click a button to run a report and have it call an xbasic function to handle it) from a blob to a file using file.from_blob and then was able to use ms.attachments to attach this file and a file selected from a list that had a directory path to an email and send it (half the problem solved). Now the issue is, the list of files to be selected from can contain linked files (such as the one I got to work) or embedded image files (from a mySQL longblob field). I have tried everything to no avail to get the blob to send via email (which seems strange being the report is a blob and it is easily converted to a file and then that file can be sent). The issue isn't really the converting the blob to a file (if I have blob fields embed HTML option checked I am able to create a file on my server using file.from_blob), but this issue is this file is corrupt and therefore doesn't open and when trying to pull the file using ms.attachments I get an error message saying it can't find the attachment.

So the simple question is, is there a way to send a blob file via email using mandrill (not using the run report blob image as I already have this one working) but rather selecting an item in a list that has the blob data in the list?

Side note...I noticed if I didn't have the embed HTML checked then the blob data in my list was a file directory to a temp folder of app data, tried adding this to the ms.attachments property but it said it couldn't find the file. Also tried to convert this to a blob using file.to_blob method but again it said it couldn't find the file. Thanks for any help!

Comment

Working...
    X