Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Row color properties w. xbasic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Row color properties w. xbasic?

Can you control said - using xbasic?

See image...
    Peter
    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Re: Row color properties w. xbasic?

Haven't tried. If you can it will be with

Row Color Properties
    The number of rows to assign to each "band". N may be 1, 2, 3, or 4.

:BrowseName.cell.[N].Count as N

The fill style and color of each "band". N may be 1, 2, 3, or 4.

:BrowseName.cell.[N].backcolor as C

:BrowseName.cell.[N].forecolor as C

:BrowseName.cell.[N].fill_style as C
    Browse properties.
    There can be only one.

Comment

Ooh. That looks promising. I'll try it. Thanks Stan.
      Peter
      AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

FYI: The help file has some syntax errors and command errors - valid entries include:
        Code:
        Browse1.cell[1].Count = vNoRows
        Browse1.cell[2].Count = vNoRows

Browse1.cell[1].color = "Aqua White"
        Browse1.cell[2].color = "White"

'Browse1.cell[1].fill_style =
        'browse1.cell[1].accent_color =
        "backcolor" and forecolor" appear to be bogus values.

In addition, you must have the cell # manually enabled on the browse or she don't work. Don't know if there is an xbasic command, but I don't see one.
        Peter
        AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

[ATTACH]17907[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.Greulich View Post
            FYI: The help file has some syntax errors and command errors - valid entries include:
            Code:
            Browse1.cell[1].Count = vNoRows
            Browse1.cell[2].Count = vNoRows

Browse1.cell[1].color = "Aqua White"
            Browse1.cell[2].color = "White"

'Browse1.cell[1].fill_style =
            'browse1.cell[1].accent_color =
            "backcolor" and forecolor" appear to be bogus values.

In addition, you must have the cell # manually enabled on the browse or she don't work. Don't know if there is an xbasic command, but I don't see one.
            Peter did you ever get this worked out? I only have the desktop version which won't let you access the advanced browse properties thru the genie but will thru the object explorer. I wanted to add those alternating row colors to my v7 forms w/ embedded browses but could not find where to add another cell to the browse. So I created a stylesheet for the form and there you can edit the default browse and set the *size to get 1 to 4 cell rows. Then you can address them in the script.

So now I am curious how this would work in a script... care to share?
            Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Robin,

I have attached a small example that shows how to change the colours of 4 browse rows using xbasic.

Hope it helps.

Geoff

Comment

Nice Geoff,

It are these little bits that I store in my help file for future use and to use for others when helping.

Thanks.
                Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. Its nice to offer some help instead of always receiving.

I have been trying to see if there is a fill style picker that can be called from xbasic in the same way as you can for the colour.

Do you know if there is one?

Geoff

Comment

Geoff,
                    What object do you want to change the "fill" for?? I can do it for say an entire browse column or a single field in exactly the same way you used.

Must be missing something...

A little off topic maybe to Peter's/Robin's original questions but related I think.
                    Mike

Comment

Mike,

I think its still relevant as it relates to setting the browse banding properties using xbasic. I have no problem hard coding the gradient or transparency settings but it would be nice if you could call up the same fill style picker that can be found in the browse banding properties dialog. See attached pictures.

I could try and create my own list but when you know one already exists it seems a waste to have to dedicate time to repeating it.

Maybe one for the wish list.

Comment

Thanks Geoff,
                        That gives me a place to begin.
                        Robin

Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in those things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford

Comment

Hi Geoff,

I know this was done last year but this is just to prove I did a search first.

Please can you help. I would like the user to be able to select the colour of the Text in each row of the browse, from a simple lookup in the row. Choices would only be Black, Red or Blue.

The colour selected would also be used to colour the text conditionally on the report.

Your help is appreciated.
                          Regards
                          Keith Hubert
                          Alpha Guild Member
                          London.
                          KHDB Management Systems
                          Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

Interested also as I can only do this say from multiple combo boxes (like Geoff did for changing the background of the row) based on a variable and it will change the entire row of font color in whichever Cell I refer to. I do not understand how a lookup can change the color when it will just enter in the value selected from the lookup for each column--not perform xbasic (must be misunderstanding something!).
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Hubert View Post
                              I would like the user to be able to select the colour of the Text in each row of the browse, from a simple lookup in the row. Choices would only be Black, Red or Blue.

The colour selected would also be used to colour the text conditionally on the report.

Your help is appreciated.
                              One way would be to add a field to the table to hold the colour value and then use that value in the appropriate color equations. You could then make a simple lookup in field rules to provide the list of colours or get fancy and pop up a dialog and then write the value to the record using xbasic.
                              Tim Kiebert
                              Eagle Creek Citrus
                              A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X