Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

UUID - Grid Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUID - Grid Event

I had the following under Intitialize (server events) on the dialog but it's not working right on the grid. It creates the record, but then creates a second one. I've tried several variations (remove all but the appending of uuid, remove tbl.close, etc) but still won't work. Maybe fresh eyes will help.

The reason I'm creating this is because I want the user to see the 'newjobno' field on the screen when the job is started. The session variables are also used on submit to print the workorder.

I'm just not that well versed on how the events work in the v10 beta (or the v9 either).

Code:
    job_ID= remspecial(api_uuidcreate())

tbl = table.open("[PathAlias.ADB_Path]\workorder.dbf")
    tbl.enter_begin()
    tbl.Jobno = alltrim(Job_ID)
    tbl.enter_end()
    datasubmitted.Jobno = Job_ID
    newjob=tbl.Newjobno
    tbl.close()
    session.Job_ID = Job_ID
    session.newjob = newjob
    datasubmitted.Newjobno = session.newjob
    Up and coming Alphaholic ;)

Re: UUID - Grid Event

If you create the job_id in Initialize, there is no reason to save the record and then "re-get" the job_id from the table. Just create it the id as you are and display it on the screen, but don't create a record UNTIL they submit and then use AfterValidate to create that record.
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Okay I believe it have it set up right, but the newjobno which is an auto incremented field and the client's job number keeps giving me problems.

In Grid Initialize I have:

Code:
      job_ID= remspecial(api_uuidcreate())

tbl.Jobno = alltrim(Job_ID)
      e.rv.session.jobno = tbl.jobno
      e.rv.session.newjob = tbl.newjobno

I keep getting the error using the above code in Grid Initiate:

[COLOR="Red"]Error executing OnGridInitialize event handler: command: e.rv.session.newjob = tbl.newjobno Property not found
      tbl.newjobno subelement not found.[/COLOR]
      In OnInitalValueCalculate I have:

Code:
      e.newValues.jobno = e.rv.session.jobno
      e.newVaules.jobno = e.rv.session.newjob

Comment

I thought you were using a Dialog because you used the term Initialize without mentioning Grid. You seem to be approaching this backwards, trying to create a table record before you actually accept any information from the user, in the Grid. How about forgetting trying to pre-create a record and use myjob_id = remspecial(api_uuidcreate()) to create a job_id that, if they don't finish the record, never gets used and never creates a record.
        Steve Wood
        See my profile on IADN

Comment

You helped me on this when I had it set up in a dialog. We needed to set up the job id so I could display the auto incremented field value (Client Job #).

I'm using the alpha 10 beta now because of the Ajax functionality so I need to do the same thing only in a grid.

I don't really need the job id. What I need to display is that auto incremented number but it says '0'.

I thought I could utilize the same commands but I don't understand the verbage on all of these grids.

Comment

If your # is dependent on an auto-increment in the table, then you have to create the table record and then display THAT record in the grid to get the number. I am sure, even though I have not looked at it, that the Grid AJAX does not save a record until you submit the page or otherwise save the record.
            Steve Wood
            See my profile on IADN

Comment

So frustrated with this. I wish they would do a video on the events section.

Okay, since I can't do the above, I'd like to at least set the field 'newjobno' to a session variable then redirect to a dialog page that uses that session variable.

I tried the below in the 'onpagedirect' and set the submit to <Event> but got a 404 error saying <Self> was not found....

Code:
              e.rv.session = "newjob"
              e.rv.session.newjob=e.rv.v.r1.newjobno ' 
              e.url="printwo.a5w"
              So now I want to just put the above info in the 'afterinsertrecord' area so when I set the submit to the dialog page it will pull the session variable.

Now I'm getting the error because I'm not describing the session variable right. What is the format for 'afterinsertrecord' event when setting up a session variable?

Comment

Why do you want to use a Grid as opposed to a Dialog?
                Steve Wood
                See my profile on IADN

Comment

Try

e.rv.session = "newjob"
                  e.rv.session.newjob=e.rv.v.r_1.newjob
                  e.url="printwo.a5w"

In v10 if you are working with a new row that has not been committed the r_ prefix is used, if my memory serves me right.

You can easily check this with Firebug.
                  Bob Moore

Comment

I want to use the grid because of the ajax function (edit combo and auto suggest).

That's the only reason I'm changing over. I could never get the ajax code right in the dialog form.

Comment

Working...
                    X