Alpha Video Training

Thread: Frustrated! Dialog opens fine with Live Preview, but uploaded to Server - Error 500

Real Name
    Chris Sutton

Default Frustrated! Dialog opens fine with Live Preview, but uploaded to Server - Error 500

I have a GRID calling a Dialog via a button. When the button is clicked, I get the error in the attached image.

This process works fine if I'm viewing the GRID in Live Preview, but once I upload it to a server, it no longer functions.

I have the same version developer as WAS. V11, Build 2630, Build 3914

Any ideas??? I don't know where to being to troubleshoot, as the error log for WAS shows the same as the image.

Thank you!!

a5_error.png
    Last edited by Lenny Forziati; 05-15-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Real Name
    Chris Sutton

Default Re: Frustrated! Dialog opens fine with Live Preview, but uploaded to Server - Error

Well, it seems that it is a problem with 3914.. when I went back to 3903 (I think that's the one), it works fine. Guess its a "pre-release" bug.

Real Name
    Tom Ritter

Default Re: Frustrated! Dialog opens fine with Live Preview, but uploaded to Server - Error

Quote Originally Posted by pettechservices View Post
    I have a GRID calling a Dialog via a button. When the button is clicked, I get the error in the attached image.

This process works fine if I'm viewing the GRID in Live Preview, but once I upload it to a server, it no longer functions.

I have the same version developer as WAS. V11, Build 2630, Build 3914

Any ideas??? I don't know where to being to troubleshoot, as the error log for WAS shows the same as the image.

Thank you!!

a5_error.png
    Has to be a pre release bug .... I had the same problem. Rollback to the current production version and you will be fine.
    Last edited by njguy; 04-30-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: M

Real Name
    Chris Sutton

Hi Tom, didn't see any reply except the quote of my original msg.

Where in Jersey are ya?

Real Name
    Luke

There is a problem in this build, the publish tool does not properly publish all needed files. In my project it was not publishing all the CSS files needed. I reported this bug last week to Alpha and they said a fix will be in the next pre-release. A work-around is to select the selected files ratio button on the publish tool, then select all.

Real Name
    Chris Sutton

Yea, I realized that also, and even with all the files published, was still happening... I reverted back to the 3903 for now... although I liked some functions in the pre-release.

"Certified" Alphaholic forskare's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ken Nordin

3916 is available. Some bugs were fixed but I don't remember which ones. You might want to check it out.

kenn
    TYVM :) kenn

Knowing what you can achieve will not become reality until you imagine and explore.

Real Name
    Chris Sutton

I had checked earlier yesterday.. guess I missed it. Thanks Kenn

Real Name
    Chris Sutton

Seems 3914 is the only one still available for download...

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Bill Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by pettechservices View Post
    Seems 3914 is the only one still available for download...
    What you see is not always what you get. Even though the release notes say 3914, 3916 is the build that is there.
    Bill Griffin
    Parkell, Inc

Real Name
    Chris Sutton

Thanks Bill! My vision is apparently degrading... its getting harder to see things that aren't there LOL :) Thanks again, guess I'll download the update!

Real Name
    Tom Ritter

Just an FYI....I downloaded 3916 and I am having a bunch of other issues...hence the reason it is called a pre-release...ha ha

I would hold off

Former Alpha Employee JerryBrightbill's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jerry Brightbill

One of the reasons for putting the pre-release builds out for testing is to identify unexpected issues. If anyone is having repeatable problems in the latest pre-release builds, they should sent in a bug report with a sample. If we don't know there is a problem, we can't fix it. Generic references to unspecified problems do not give us much to investigate.

A new build may introduce a new feature that didn't previously exist and add some new property. We try to allow for legacy components to run unaltered, but if a previously working component now fails, a good test is to open the component in the builder, make some change to make the component "dirty" and re-save and republish.

The stand alone Application server and the embedded server in the development version of Alpha Five are exactly the same. If a component runs in Live Preview, but not when published, there are very limited reasons.

Almost all of the time, the build on the development Alpha Five is different that the build of the Application Server on the hosted system. They must be the same.

In some cases, the browser may be caching files when making requests to the published address and older support files may be in use. Clearing the browser cache can often fix those issues.