Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

PDF Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF Converter

I have installed A5 V10.5 to a Windows 7 64bit PC, logged on with the users account which is set as administrator. I installed to C:\A5V10RT to avoid security issues with Program Files folder.

When installing the original Alpha engine and patch, I ran both programs as administrator.

When emailing or saving a report as a pdf, I get the error message "Printer not activated. Error code -30" or a long delay and an error about unable to communicate with the printer.

So I edited the printer properties for the AlphaFive Printer and set the port to nul, disabled advanced printing features etc and tried again after logging off and back on. The error persisted. I can preview and print reports etc ok.

I checked user rights on the AlphaFive printer and gave everyone full rights and tried again.

I removed the OneNote printer which is said to cause problems. I removed the Sage PDF converter also.

I ran, as administrator, the program InstallAmyunidrivers.exe from the Alpha Amyuniv4 folder.

I tried a program from Amyuni themselves.

I deleted the AlphaFive printer and Amyuni Converter printer, ran Alpha and previewed a report, then selected save as PDF and allow Alpha to re-install the drivers.

None of these have solved the problem.

Does anyone have another way to fix this? I have run out of ideas.

Could Alpha supply a 64bit convertor as Windows 7 has been out for a while now?

A core part of many applications is the ability to save reports etc as pdf and or to email data.

Re: PDF Converter

Do you have a physical printer set as the output device in the report properties?
    There can be only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Mathews View Post
      Do you have a physical printer set as the output device in the report properties?
      No reports just go to the default printer.

Comment

John, I have a similar install (Win7 64bit) and no problems saving as a PDF or Printing as a PDF.
        Does the Adobe Reader appear?
        Does the Select Printer appear?

I print to default but also show the printer selection.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" is the version I'm using.
        See our Hybrid Option here;
        https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
        You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

John,

I have done a couple of installations and got the same error message
          I think the issue with installing the Amyuni driver is security related.
          Switch off UAC or take it one level down and try again.
          Jo Hulsen
          Dommel Valley Solutions
          The Netherlands

Comment

Good point. I have set mine to Never Notify

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Giles View Post
              Good point. I have set mine to Never Notify
              I did find that the UAC was set to notify so switched it off - but only after working on the Amyuni driver issue.

I will uninstall & re-install and see what happens.

Shame that Alpha themselves have not replied and offered a 64 bit convertor to work on Windows 7 and the soon to be arriving Windows 8...

Comment

Originally posted by metadyne View Post
                I did find that the UAC was set to notify so switched it off - but only after working on the Amyuni driver issue.

I will uninstall & re-install and see what happens.

Shame that Alpha themselves have not replied and offered a 64 bit convertor to work on Windows 7 and the soon to be arriving Windows 8...
                Now uninstalled Alpha, used regedit to remove references to Amyuni and re-installed. But the problem is not solved. Other things I have now tried without success:

Norton 360 - script blocking disable (not an option here)
                Deleting & recreating Nul port
                Setting AlphaFivePrinterv4 properties to different ports.
                Setting it to print only after last page is spooled.

Comment

John, as I mentioned, my installation works in RT and also Dev.
                  If I can help, give me a call tomorrow. Number in a PMsg.
                  Might be possible to go through the settings and compare notes.

hese are my Amuni Printers. Note differences.
                  AlphaPrinter1.JPGAlphaPrinter2.JPG

Comment

John, all of a sudden I'm having the same problems here.

Can save PDF's in vers 9 and vers 11, but not in vers 105.

"Printer not activated" and "Error" "Layout Name" error messages.

Did you ever get PDF support running?

Comment

Hi,

I had similar problem with 10.5 "Printer not activated Error code -20".
                      The solution has been to adjust the users rights in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\AlphaFivePrinterV4 User - needs full access.

HTH
                      Cornelius

Comment

Thanks, Cornelius. Could you be a bit more specific. What does that entry need to look like? Thanks.

Comment

Hope this picture can clarify my point

Unbenannt.PNG

Found it here on the message board, couldn't find anymore, but I had a link to an other message board
                          http://wwww.amyuni.com/forum/viewtop...=not+activated

Cornelius

Comment

Thanks, C.

I wound up uninstalling A5v10 and reinstalled it to a different drive and folder. Problem solved. Go figure...

-- tom

Comment

Tom, I suspect the V11 install.
                              When I loaded it on trial, it screwed up my V10.5 so I had to do the same and reload V10.5

Comment

Working...
                              X