Alpha Video Training

Thread: How to open a new a5w page in a Chrome TAB instead of a Chrome new window.

Real Name
    Ger Kurvers

Default How to open a new a5w page in a Chrome TAB instead of a Chrome new window.

I open a new a5w page in a window. I tested all types of browser window attributes (_blank, _parent, _top) but no way that i can get Chrome to open the page in a new tab, it always opens in a new browser window.

No problem with IE, FF and Safari if I leave the browser window attribute empty.

I use for all browsers latest versions

Anybody figured this out? I need of course a solution that standard in all browsers a new tab is created. Unless of course a user has overruled this in his browsersettings.

Thanks in advance,

Ger Kurvers
    Ger Kurvers
    Alpha Anywhere / V4.5.5.0- Build 5667
    Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2012 R2

Real Name
    Sparticuz

Default Re: How to open a new a5w page in a Chrome TAB instead of a Chrome new window.

That is a browser setting, not html code. _blank is what you should use, but the setting is going to be in the browsers settings. No way to force it from what I know.

Real Name
    Ger Kurvers

Default Re: How to open a new a5w page in a Chrome TAB instead of a Chrome new window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticuz View Post
    That is a browser setting, not html code. _blank is what you should use, but the setting is going to be in the browsers settings. No way to force it from what I know.
    You are right, but it seems that Chrome doesn't have a setting for this :-(. Or did i just overlooked it?
    Ger Kurvers
    Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2012 R2

Real Name
    Sparticuz

I know this isn't what you want, but it looks like this extension does what you want. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fljaelgceffobn

Real Name
    Ger Kurvers

Thanks for the hint. You are right.

An extension could be acceptable (being used in an intranet app), but its performance isn't: it doubles load time. First a window is opened an after that the window is merged into chrome tab. But during mergingproces also loaded again... really not advisable.
    Ger Kurvers