Alpha Video Training

Thread: Video Control Player : Any sample mp4 files other than Big Buck Bunny?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Video Control Player : Any sample mp4 files other than Big Buck Bunny?

I've been working with the VCP lately and just can't get any mp4 files to play, in any browser, other than Big Buck Bunny. Does anyone have a sample mp4 video that they've actually used in the VPC that works and that you could share? I downloaded BBB to my server and it's fine. I can type the url address of my other videos directly into any browser and they work... so I know I can get to the mp4 files and they play. The videos play under Live Preview as well. But when I choose Publish and Open... no go... other than BBB. Thanks.

"Certified" Alphaholic Clipper87's Avatar
    Real Name
    Frank

Default Re: Video Control Player : Any sample mp4 files other than Big Buck Bunny?

Are your mp4 videos H.264 encoded ? You can check this with VLC player for example using the Extra/Media information menu selection (Ctrl I)
    Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: Video Control Player : Any sample mp4 files other than Big Buck Bunny?

Hey Frank... thanks for replying.

Yes... my videos are H264 encoded. Under VLC the stats look exactly the same. H264 MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)

Here's the only difference.

Big Buck Bunny has two streams : Stream 0 is Audio, and Stream 1 is Video.

All my test videos have two streams... but Stream 0 is Video and Stream 1 is Audio.

Could that be it?

"Certified" Alphaholic Clipper87's Avatar
    Real Name
    Frank

Just tried with this mp4 http://static.clipcanvas.com/sample/...48_offline.mp4 which also has video as stream 0 & audio as stream 1 but that works if I publish an A5W page with a video component on it to the localhost.

What do you mean by "no go" ? Where are your videos located ? can you get to them using http? (not just opening it in a browser) Need some more details/screenshots...
    Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Thanks again Frank... really appreciate the look. Your sample video plays fine... so thanks for that. It's a matter of video size. Any fairly small will play... 3, 5, 18 Mb. Anything large won't... e.g. 200Mb, 150Mb - which by video standards is not big, but won't play. I can get the big files to play using http... no issues. Big Buck Bunny is a small file... so it plays... as is the sample you pointed to. And I can edit out a piece of the large files - e.g. 18Mb - and it plays.
    Last edited by Davidk; 05-22-2012 at 01:37 PM.