Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Abyss Server X2 now has reverse proxy built in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abyss Server X2 now has reverse proxy built in

Since anything beats a 24 hour turnaround when you're anxious with anticipation, here's a "Hail Mary Long-shot": What about installing the certificate while being logged ito the hidden administrator windows account? (the one that is usually hidden unless you either change registry settings, or boot into safe mode)
    Robert T. ~ "I enjoy manipulating data... just not my data."
    It's all about the "framework." (I suppose an "a5-induced" hard drive crash is now in order?)
    RELOADED: My current posting activity here merely represents a "Momentary Lapse Of Reason."

Comment

Ok guys, the problem was that Abyss does not work with encrypted keys, there support department sent me a link to OpenSSL <http://slproweb.com/download/Win32Op...ght-1_0_1e.exe> to decrypt it and that was it. Once I followed their directions I got a running Abyss Web Server X2 (v 2.8.0.3) on ports 80 and 443 with anti hacking protection and Alpha 5 WAS as a reverse proxy.

Think the combination gives me opportunities that were closed before like adding PHP, Perl, "Classic" ASP, Python, Ruby, Rebol, and TCL scripts if need be, server statistics, URL re-writing, Bandwidth control, well the list goes on and on, you can check it out at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/features.html.

X1 is free, but it will not give you reverse proxy. So far I am happy with the purchase.
      Juan Silva
      My Small Bizz, LLC
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmsilva View Post
        Think the combination gives me opportunities that were closed before like adding PHP, Perl, "Classic" ASP, Python, Ruby, Rebol, and TCL scripts if need be, server statistics, URL re-writing, Bandwidth control, well the list goes on and on, you can check it out at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/features.html.
        One nice feature is also to make ajax callbacks from (for example) php pages running in Abyss to retrive data directly from Was. This is possible because Abyss and Was are running in same domain and so there is no same origin policy problems in javascript.

Comment

Sounds like this combination may make IIS integration a moot issue for many?
          I've always though that less dependencies on MS is the ONLY way to go.

As MS tends to either purchase/"eat" dependent companies, or destroy them.
          (It's one thing to offer "integration", but to be completely dependent is a recipe for disaster!)
          Robert T. ~ "I enjoy manipulating data... just not my data."
          It's all about the "framework." (I suppose an "a5-induced" hard drive crash is now in order?)
          RELOADED: My current posting activity here merely represents a "Momentary Lapse Of Reason."

Comment

I agree with you Robert, personally never really liked MS, sharks will always eat the smaller fish.
            Juan Silva
            My Small Bizz, LLC
            sigpic

Comment

Could you then in theory run multiple domains off of the same WAS? I am thinking of small sites that don't really get a ton of usage. As long as the components and pages were named differently. And there wasn't an overlap in user names, could it work? Use the WAS more as a plugin to process .a5w pages and use the abyss server to handle the requests and site management. This way one host server could serve multiple sites at once. Provided they don't go over the user/performance limits.

Comment

Yes you can. A more simple way is to start multiple instances of the WAS and bind each instance to it's own IP address.
                Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

As an example of Abyss and WAS I run both on one machine; Abyss runs a Forum (Simple Machines Forum or SMF) and WAS runs an Alpha app that is integrated with the Forum (same Userlist and single login.)
                  Steve Wood
                  See my profile on IADN

Comment

Multiples instances chew up a bunch of licenses, ip addresses and cpu cycles. I think I might give this a shot next week and see how it works. It solves one of my alpha issues - high cost of deployment - if it works.

Comment

Multiple instances require ONE A5 license.
                      Steve Wood
                      See my profile on IADN

Comment

Thanks Steve, it has been a while since I did that. I guess I remembered wrong. Good to know.

Comment

The issue of multiple instances was cloudy for a while. It still is not addressed straight forward in any document. But the word I get now is that multiple instances are not a concern for Alpha.
                          Steve Wood
                          See my profile on IADN

Comment

I am running Abyss and WAS servers on one machine with multiple small websites with only 1 IP address. I created a framework which does not use but 1 A5 page which runs xbasic code which in turn creates the requested website page from database records, so all webpages get generated on the fly after the request is received.

In order to accomplish this my xbasic code looks at the request and determines which webpage to generate. At this time only have 2 websites on it and have not done any kind of load analisys, but believe I could handle infinite number by just adding hardware.

Check then out at mysmallbizz.com (you can also try the .net & .co) and pablosmasterjeweler.com (you can also reach it using the .info).
                            Last edited by jmsilva; 07-11-2013, 01:57 PM.
                            Juan Silva
                            My Small Bizz, LLC
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi, very interesting thread. I hope I can get help to solve the issue I am facing.
                              I set up Abyss for a PHP site (port 80) and WAS as a reverse proxy (port 8080). It work great as I can access my app by typing www.mydomain/myapp. However, when I try to do a search in a grid component I get the following error:

"XHTTPRequest Error:
                              Error 404Error 404Not FoundPowered by Abyss Web Server X1Copyright &copy; Aprelium - 2001-2013"

I am using Abyss X1. Is there an error in my set up? I entered the following parameters:

local virtual path: /thisapp
                              remote ip address: 127.0.0.1
                              remote port: 8080
                              remote virtual path: /myapp

Comment

The issue is evident when doing any type of AJAX callback, not just searching.
                                What may be the cause of this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jose

Comment

Working...
                                X