Alpha Video Training

Thread: Security issue, works fine in working preview, but not in localhost

Real Name
    Juan Silva

Post Security issue, works fine in working preview, but not in localhost

Hi all,

Created a dialog to enter new users into the security framework and to add the new user info into a MySQL table like on video D_SF_2, when I execute it on working preview all works fine, the new user gets created in both the security framework and my table. But after I publish it to my localhost and run it from there the new user record gets added to the SQL table, but the it is never added to the security framework.

Seems, curious that I can not find the security tables anywhere either, is the security data actually stored on a DBF table? I am publishing all files, even cleared history just in case. Have always allowed for all pages and components and did publish the security files from the web security component and also added the "New User" group under users and groups.

Any one have an idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Juan

Real Name
    Peter Greulich

Default Re: Security issue, works fine in working preview, but not in localhost

Security tables are dbf. There is a way to make them be SQL although it still uses the dbf tables as a pointer. The dbf security tables live in the webroot so they should be there in localhost a5webroot. You are probably looking at your development copy of the security tables which will is necessarily different from the development copy of said tables. In short, it's probably working correctly; you just looked in the wrong place.

Real Name
    Juan Silva

Thank you Peter, that would explain it all, never saw an error happen, even debugged the hell out of it. Too tired to get into that now, but will check it out early in the morning. Would you happen to know the name of the security tables, would they be linked like you would do with any other dbf table? or do I need to take other thinks into consideration?

Juan

Real Name
    Peter Greulich

See attached image...

web security.gif

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Gregg Schmidt

Real Name
    Juan Silva

Thank you all for the help.

To help the next person I have attached a zip compressed file that includes the Alpha PDF on the subject, a MySQL SQL create table script and the active link tables needed to convert Alpha security from DBF tables to MySQL.

Instructions:

1. Backup all current websecurity_* files to secure folders, a5webroot and current development area.
    2. extract files on my zip file to a directory
    3. execute the sql script on your database
    4. copy the active link files included to the a5webroot and your project folder

My final result was that since the new dbf files are links to MySQL, I can test from inside my Alpha 5, or after publishing from any browser that can access my a5webroot application.

A5 websecurity to MySQL.zip

Note: my project is in the first stages of development so I did not need to transfer any existing users to MySQL tables, read the Alpha documentation attached to do that. I do not make myself responsible of any data loss resulting from advancing your cause.
    Last edited by jmsilva; 07-24-2012 at 07:19 PM.