Alpha Video Training

Thread: "Action not yet implemented" error message during Action Javascript Creation

Real Name
    Dion McCormick

Default "Action not yet implemented" error message during Action Javascript Creation

I am getting the enclosed error message when I attempt to add an Action Javascript to my solution.

Background:
    I have a dialog with an dropdownbox and embedded grid.
    I select the action javascript command "Search a Grid Component that is Embedded into a Dialog"
    I select the embedded grid component (that has a good alias).
    I define the search fields. Picking the dropdownbox as the source and a column from the embedded grid as the target.
    Select filter type to be "Base Filter".
    When I click "Ok", it pops up the message here...

Any hints or advice? Seems like it should work fine.....ActionNotImplemented.png

Quick note: I was attaching this action to a dropdownbox. I was able to attach a similar action javascript to a button. Might have to do with the type of control....
    Last edited by dionmccormick; 07-23-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Real Name
    Gordon Purcey

Default Re: "Action not yet implemented" error message during Action Javascript Creation

I got this same message on a web based grid, and couldn't figure out what was going on.

Finally, I discovered that an error had crept into my dbf file which was the basis for my grid (I was attempting to import a .csv file into my grid, and somehow got the data corrupted... fortunately just a test file).

In any case, when I emptied the table, and then re-imported the data from the txt file everything went back to working.

This may not help your particular case, but may help someone else who sees that same message.

Real Name
    Dion McCormick

Default Re: "Action not yet implemented" error message during Action Javascript Creation

Will check it out. I think also, the action is only implemented for certain controls. Following the video demo, I have taken all of my controls (dropdown boxes, etc) and pump the results of those controls into text boxes. Then I link the text boxes to the active link search. Seems to work fine.... Thanks!