Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

how to integrate 3rd party js

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to integrate 3rd party js

i have found a 3rd party javascript function to do a postcode search.

is it possible to use this in a dialog2? or on a html page and post the results to a table?

i have copied the .js file to my web project

added this code to the head section tag of a dialog2 properties

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="ISO-8859-1" src="js/crafty_postcode.class.js"></script>
    	<script>
    		var cp_access_token = "03450-36cb9-c1008-00878"; // 
    		var cp_obj_1 = CraftyPostcodeCreate();
    		cp_obj_1.set("access_token", cp_access_token); 
    		cp_obj_1.set("first_res_line", "----- please select your address ----"); 
    		cp_obj_1.set("res_autoselect", "0");
    		cp_obj_1.set("result_elem_id", "crafty_postcode_result_display_1");
    		cp_obj_1.set("form", "address");
    		cp_obj_1.set("elem_company"  , "companyname"); // optional
    		cp_obj_1.set("elem_street1"  , "address1");
    		cp_obj_1.set("elem_street2"  , "address2");
    		cp_obj_1.set("elem_street3"  , "address3"); // or if you have only 2 address lines cp_obj_1.set("elem_street3"  , "");
    		cp_obj_1.set("elem_town"     , "town");
    		cp_obj_1.set("elem_county"   , "county"); // optional
    		cp_obj_1.set("elem_postcode" , "postcode");
    		cp_obj_1.set("elem_udprn" 	 , "udprn"); // optional
    		cp_obj_1.set("single_res_autoselect" , 1); // don't show a drop down box if only one matching address is found

</script>
    i have added a button to the dialog2 and added this code

Code:
    onclick="cp_obj_1.doLookup()"

thanks

Re: how to integrate 3rd party js

there should be a place to include the js lib file under properties, not manually placing it in the header.
    Plus, the setup vars you will want to define within the onclick event.

Comment

i did link the .js file using the properties linked javascript file - all this did was show text on the web page that looked like the head code of the dialog.

i have this on the button - which i got by changing the action script to search for an address using a zipcode.

Code:
      {dialog.Object}.ajaxCallback('',1,'cp_obj.doLookup','','__postcode=new_postcode&__address2=new_street&__town=new_town&__part=O&_rowNumber=1&__cityCase=Proper');
      in the head part of the code needs to me to reference the form which holds the fields to fill in - i guessed at the name of the dialog.

Code:
      <script type="text/javascript" charset="ISO-8859-1" src="js/crafty_postcode.class.js">
      </script>

<script>
      	var cp_obj = CraftyPostcodeCreate();
      	cp_obj.set("access_token", "xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"); // your token here
      	cp_obj.set("result_elem_id", "crafty_postcode_result_display");
      	cp_obj.set("form", "[COLOR="#FF0000"]ff_newaddress[/COLOR]");
      	cp_obj.set("elem_company"  , "companyname");
      	cp_obj.set("elem_street1"  , "address1");
      	cp_obj.set("elem_street2"  , "address2");
      	cp_obj.set("elem_street3"  , "address3");
      	cp_obj.set("elem_town"     , "town");
      	cp_obj.set("elem_county"   , "county");
      	cp_obj.set("elem_postcode" , "postcode");
      </script>
      it would be really cool if i could get this in to my application, maybe the guys at alpha can help me out.

here is a link to the web site with instructions - http://www.craftyclicks.co.uk/web-se...d-rapidaddress, i have followed 1 and 2 but obviously i need to change 3 as im using my dialog.

as an alternative i could put all of this on a web page which i am ok to set up, but i would need to then get the value of the fields in to my table.

Comment

What you are attempting seems doable. You really just want to populate fields via a callback to an external site. The devil will be in the details, but look at the video showing the twitter feed...and note that your fieldnames will need to be defined in a5 conventions.

Comment

I am interested in integrating third party with alpha. is there any documentation or guideline something to start with?
          Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Comment

I created a solution to using Crafty Clicks that may interest you. Not JS, but the XML option. You enter the postcode, where OnChange event returns address line 1 results into a dropdown, then the OnChange of the dropdown selects that line.

Using a dialog, create a text field to enter the postcode
            Add in the xbasic OnChange of the text field:
            Code:
            dim j as p
            dim line1 as c

j = GetPostcodes(line1,e.dataSubmitted.chvaddresspostcode,"")

serverside_a0ee0c3163084c58b01b1d020cb6e882 = "{dialog.object}.populate(" + varToJSON(j) + "); {dialog.object}.prepare(); {dialog.Object}.populateDropdownBox('SELECTADDRESS',[" + line1 + "],true);"
            Place below into the Xbasic functions of the dialog:
            Code:
            function GetPostcodes as p(byref line1 as c, postcode as C, selectedLine as c)
            'debug(1)
            	dim resp as p, qty as n, j as p  ' DeliveryPointCount as C,

resp = http_get("pcls1.craftyclicks.co.uk/xml/rapidaddress?postcode=" + postcode +  "&response=data_formatted")

qty =  convert_type(extract_string(resp.body,"<delivery_point_count>","</delivery_point_count>",1,.F.),"N")

'linecount = convert_type(deliverypointcount,"N")

j.chvAddressTown = extract_string(resp.body,"<town>","</town>")
            	j.chvAddressCounty = extract_string(resp.body,"<postal_county>","</postal_county>")
            	'j.tcounty = extract_string(resp.body,"<traditional_county>","</traditional_county>",1,.F.)
            	j.chvAddressPostcode = extract_string(resp.body,"<postcode>","</postcode>")

dim j.udprn[qty] as c
            	dim j.line1[qty] as c
            	dim i as n
            	dim tmp as c

for i = 1 to qty STEP 1
            		j.udprn[i] = extract_string(resp.body,"<udprn>","</udprn>",i) 

if selectedLine = j.udprn[i] then
            			j.CHVADDRESSLINE1 = extract_string(resp.body,"<line_1>","</line_1>",i)	
            			j.CHVADDRESSLINE2 = extract_string(resp.body,"<line_2>","</line_2>",i)
            		end if

tmp = "['" + extract_string(resp.body,"<line_1>","</line_1>",i) + "','" + j.udprn[i] + "']"
            		line1 = iif(len(line1) = 0,tmp,line1 + "," + tmp ) 
            	next

GetPostcodes = j

end function
            Create a dropdown called 'SELECTADDRESS'
            In the xbasic OnChange of SELECTADDRESS add:
            Code:
            dim j as p
            dim line1 as c

j = GetPostcodes(line1,e.dataSubmitted.chvaddresspostcode,e.dataSubmitted.SELECTADDRESS)

serverside_2a6e992d141b4c91b26853bbef7b7c8c =  "{dialog.object}.populate(" + varToJSON(j) + "); {dialog.object}.prepare();"
            The second time the GetPostcodes function is called, it should contain the updrn parameter from SELECTADDRES. When the function loops through the addresses and it comes across the address that was selected, it sets the chosen line 1 and 2 address to the actual values (passed through within the j pointer array).

Hope this may be of help to anyone. Note though: I've just created it so it doesn't yet deal with errors and could do with a little tidy up.

Comment

I'll be working on this more as it calls the postcode lookup twice. Not ideal!

Comment

Hi Ian,

that's pretty cool. i had left this but am due to release my new app next week so was just about to start on it again. ill have a go at it as well.

Comment

Cheers. Here's version 2, which now makes use of session variables and only sends the request once.

Postcode textbox xbasic onChange:

Code:
                  dim results as c

if GetPostcodes(results,e.dataSubmitted.chvaddresspostcode) = .t. then
                  	serverside_a0ee0c3163084c58b01b1d020cb6e882 = "{dialog.Object}.populateDropdownBox('SELECTADDRESS',[" + results + "],true);" 	
                  else
                  	serverside_a0ee0c3163084c58b01b1d020cb6e882 = "alert('" + js_escape(session.pclookup[1].errormsg) + "'); {dialog.Object}.populateDropdownBox('SELECTADDRESS',[['']],true);"
                  end if
                  GetPostcodes function

Code:
                  function GetPostcodes as L(byref results as c, postcode as C)
                  debug(1)
                  	dim resp as p
                  	dim qty as n

'Return results
                  	resp = http_get("pcls1.craftyclicks.co.uk/xml/rapidaddress?postcode=" + postcode +  "&response=data_formatted")

'Save number of address lines
                  	qty =  convert_type(extract_string(resp.body,"<delivery_point_count>","</delivery_point_count>",1,.F.),"N")

dim session.pclookup[qty] as P
                  	dim j.udprn[qty] as c
                  	dim j.line1[qty] as c
                  	dim i as n
                  	dim tmp as c

'Save headers
                  	session.pclookup[1].errorcode	= 	extract_string(resp.body,"<error_code>","</error_code>")
                  	session.pclookup[1].errormsg	= 	extract_string(resp.body,"<error_msg>","</error_msg>")

'Quit if error exists
                  		if .not. isnull(session.pclookup[1].errorcode) then 
                  			exit function
                  		end if

session.pclookup[1].city 		=   extract_string(resp.body,"<town>","</town>")
                  	session.pclookup[1].county 	=  	extract_string(resp.body,"<postal_county>","</postal_county>")
                  	session.pclookup[1].postcode	= 	extract_string(resp.body,"<postcode>","</postcode>")

'Loop through address lines
                  	for i = 1 to qty STEP 1	
                  		tmp = extract_string(resp.body,"<line_1>","</line_1>",i) + ", " + extract_string(resp.body,"<line_2>","</line_2>",i)

results = iif(len(results)=0, "['" + tmp + "']", results + ",['" + tmp + "']" ) 

session.pclookup[i].udprn 		=   extract_string(resp.body,"<udprn>","</udprn>",i)
                  		session.pclookup[i].line1 		=   extract_string(resp.body,"<line_1>","</line_1>",i)
                  		session.pclookup[i].line2 		=   extract_string(resp.body,"<line_2>","</line_2>",i)
                  		session.pclookup[i].dropdownval	=	tmp

next

GetPostcodes = .t.

end function
                  SELECTADDRESS dropdown xbasic OnChange:

Code:
                  dim j as p
                  dim i as n

'j = GetPostcodes(line1,e.dataSubmitted.chvaddresspostcode,e.dataSubmitted.SELECTADDRESS)

for i = 1 to session.pclookup.size() STEP 1
                  	if session.pclookup[i].dropdownval = e.dataSubmitted.SELECTADDRESS then
                  		j.CHVADDRESSLINE1 	= 	session.pclookup[i].line1
                  		j.CHVADDRESSLINE2 	= 	session.pclookup[i].line2
                  		j.CHVADDRESSTOWN 	=	session.pclookup[1].town
                  		j.CHVADDRESSCITY	=	session.pclookup[1].city
                  		j.CHVADDRESSCOUNTY	=	session.pclookup[1].county
                  		j.CHVADDRESSPOSTCODE=	session.pclookup[1].postcode
                  		exit for
                  	end if

next

serverside_2a6e992d141b4c91b26853bbef7b7c8c =  "{dialog.object}.populate(" + varToJSON(j) + "); {dialog.object}.prepare();"

Comment

The Third and final version - this is now live in our production server. The session variables in the last version didn't work correctly, but this method does and I'm told is the best when using session variables to hold arrays.

First, declare session variables when you login (on your index page for example or upon opening the postcode search form):

Code:
                    dim session.pclookup as c = ""
                    	dim session.pclookupFORMAT as c = ""
                    	dim session.pclookup_error as c = ""
                    	dim session.pclookup_errorFORMAT as c = ""
                    GetPostcode function (plus a line print function. ReturnKey() is your crafyclicks key....explicit or in a function)

Code:
                    function GetPostcodes as L(byref results as c, postcode as C)
                    debug(1)
                    	dim resp as p
                    	dim qty as n
                    	dim i as n
                    	dim tmp as c
                    	dim postal_county as c

'Drop out if session variable not valid
                    	if eval_valid("session.pclookup") = .f. then
                    		exit function
                    	end if

'Return arr
                    	resp = http_get("pcls1.craftyclicks.co.uk/xml/rapidaddress?postcode=" + postcode +  "&response=data_formatted&key="+returnKey("however"))

'Save number of address lines
                    	qty =  convert_type(extract_string(resp.body,"<delivery_point_count>","</delivery_point_count>"),"N")

dim arr[qty] as p

'If zero returned to return error message	
                    	if qty = 0 then
                    		'Place values into array
                    		arr[].errorcode				= 	extract_string(resp.body,"<error_code>","</error_code>")
                    		arr[..].errormsg			= 	extract_string(resp.body,"<error_msg>","</error_msg>")
                    		'Dump array into session variable
                    		session.pclookup_errorFORMAT= 	"errorcode|errormsg"
                    		session.pclookup_error   	= 	arr.dump_properties(session.pclookup_errorFORMAT)
                    		exit function
                    	end if

'Loop through address lines
                    	for i = 1 to qty STEP 1

'Place values into array
                    		arr[i].city 		=   extract_string(resp.body,"<town>","</town>",1)	'Only 1 city
                    		postal_county		= 	extract_string(resp.body,"<postal_county>","</postal_county>",1)
                    		arr[i].county  		=   iif(len(postal_county)>0,postal_county,extract_string(resp.body,"<traditional_county>","</traditional_county>",1))
                    		arr[i].postcode		= 	extract_string(resp.body,"<postcode>","</postcode>",1)   'Only 1 postcode
                    		arr[i].udprn 		=   extract_string(resp.body,"<udprn>","</udprn>",i)
                    		arr[i].line1 		=   extract_string(resp.body,"<line_1>","</line_1>",i)
                    		arr[i].line2 		=   extract_string(resp.body,"<line_2>","</line_2>",i)

'Compile result line that shall appear in dropdown	
                    		tmp = "['" + print_item(arr[i].line1,.t.) + print_item(arr[i].line2,.t.) + print_item(arr[i].city,.t.) + print_item(arr[i].county,.f.) +  "','" + arr[i].udprn + "']"

results = iif(len(results)=0, tmp , results + "," + tmp ) 

next

'Dump array into session variable
                    	session.pclookupFORMAT = "city|county|postcode|udprn|line1|line2"
                    	session.pclookup = arr.dump_properties(session.pclookupFORMAT)

GetPostcodes = .t.

end function 

function print_item as c(data as c, post_comma as l)
                    	if len(data) > 0 then
                    		print_item = data +  iif(post_comma,",","")
                    	end if
                    end function
                    Button onclick xbasic (SEARCHFOUND is a check box used to hide/show the results dropdown):

Code:
                    dim results as c
                    dim arr[0] as p

if GetPostcodes(results,e.dataSubmitted.chvaddresspostcode) = .t. then
                    	e._set.SEARCHFOUND.value = 1
                    	serverside_fb800e08aeb3496d8f6f16ba458245dc = "{dialog.Object}.populateDropdownBox('SELECTADDRESS',[" + results + "],true);" 	
                    else
                    	arr.initialize_properties(session.pclookup_errorFORMAT,session.pclookup_error)
                    	e._set.SEARCHFOUND.value = 0
                    	serverside_fb800e08aeb3496d8f6f16ba458245dc = "alert('" + js_escape(arr[1].errormsg) + "'); {dialog.Object}.populateDropdownBox('SELECTADDRESS',[['']],true);"
                    end if
                    SELECTADDRESS dropdown xbasic OnChange:

Code:
                    dim arr[0] as p
                    dim j as p
                    dim i as n

arr.initialize_properties(session.pclookupFORMAT,session.pclookup)

for i = 1 to arr.size() STEP 1
                    	if arr[i].udprn = e.dataSubmitted.SELECTADDRESS then
                    		j.CHVADDRESSLINE1 	= 	arr[i].line1
                    		j.CHVADDRESSLINE2 	= 	arr[i].line2
                    		j.CHVADDRESSCITY	=	arr[1].city
                    		j.CHVADDRESSCOUNTY	=	arr[1].county
                    		j.CHVADDRESSPOSTCODE=	arr[1].postcode
                    		j.SEARCHFOUND		= 	1
                    		exit for
                    	end if

next

Last edited by kleky; 04-09-2014, 04:18 AM.

Comment

The way this works is that a session doesn't actually hold an array, but a string representation of the array. You gather the data into the pointer array 'arr', then dump that string into the session variable using arr.dump_properties. As it's a pointer array, you need another session to hold the pointer names (city, county etc). This is the session.pclookupFORMAT variable.

To get your session back into a pointer array:
                      Code:
                      dim arr[0] as p

arr.initialize_properties(session.xxxFORMAT,session.xxx)
                      You need to create a function that will return you crafty clicks key - mine was not called ReturnKey() in reality as that's to obvious to hackers, so create you own subtly named. Or you could not be bothered and throw the key straight in.

Comment

Working...
                      X