Alpha Video Training

Thread: "Record was not updated because it has been deleted by another user."

Real Name
    Roelof

Default "Record was not updated because it has been deleted by another user."

Could anybody tell me why this is happening:"Record was not updated because it has been deleted by another user."

The record is not deleted.
    Using SQL 2012 and V11 latest
    Using: grid with detail

Real Name
    Rod McLeish

Default Re: "Record was not updated because it has been deleted by another user."

This could happen if you have a join and the join table is not being updated properly. This same thing happened to me and I found that I had marked a join table as read only under the "Select Primary Key(s)" button even through I was attempting to update the table.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Frank Bicknell

Default Re: "Record was not updated because it has been deleted by another user."

Thank you Rod, this has been puzzling me for a while.
    Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

Real Name
    Roelof

Still working on it for me, still have issues. Will update when I find out the issue

Real Name
    Roelof

Can anyone give another pointer for me, I cannot get it to work. I have several tables, alll read and write and one table is a view. But that one does not need to be updated.

Real Name
    Roelof

OK I found the issue. Because 2 databases had the same field names I had pulled the wrong fieldnames in the main table. So it was connected with the joint command.
    thanks

Real Name
    Karl Bornmann

I have the same issue. Yet i have selected the correct filed to update. I have tried several different grid templates and all fields are read and write. The 2 tables are joined (Inner) and on three different fields.
    I created a button under javascrips (Onclick) to lookup and fill in the field. Still i receive the same error message "Record was not updated because it has been deleted by another user."
    All the tables are opened Exclusive. AFv12 running on a VPS server Server 2012 R2
    Please Help

Real Name
    Drew R.

Karl,

Have you corrected this issue yet? I've run into the same problem.

Andrew

Real Name
    Priyesh Agarwal

Has anyone figured this problem out yet?