Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Grid Filter Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grid Filter Issue

Hi All,

I have a little problem that is driving me mad.

I have a Grid with that has an Argument Called User which is a Session Variable. I use that Argument in a Filter for a Grade which looks like email_address = :User

The issue that I am having is thefirst time the User Logs in the Filter doesn't work and they get the No Records in Query Message. They then logout and back in and they get the data they should get.

Any Help gratefully received.

Thanks

Chris

Re: Grid Filter Issue

Hi Chris

Sounds like the session variable for some reason is not created on first login. How do you set the session variables in the first instance?

One thing to do to test would be to set up an a5w page that you can load some xbasic

a5w_info()

That page will show you all available variables as well as a bunch of other info.

Cheers
    Glen Schild

My Blog

Comment

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the reply.

The UserID is setup in an a5w page called login_processing after a User Logs in.

See below

<%A5

' dim variables

dim session.current_username as c
      dim session.UserID as c

' get user
      'cn = "::name::RSPortal"
      'table = "rsp_registered_users"
      'filter = "username = '" + a5ws_getcurrentuser() + "'"
      'result = "email_address"

'session.current_username = sql_lookup(cn,table,filter,result)

'session.UserID = result

session.UserID = a5ws_getcurrentuser() + "@webaddress.net"

'redirect user to launcher
      response.redirect("rsp_portal_tabbedUI.a5w")

%>

Chris

Comment

It seems that nothing to do with the session is set first time in.

What would caus this.

Chris

Comment

I'll take a quick stab at this, as no one else is answering. I think the problem is in setting up your session.UserID.

What I do is this...

Code:
          a5ws_logged_in_user_values(pUser,request,session) 

if eval_valid("pUser.userid") = .T. then 
          session.vusername = alltrim(pUser.userID)
          end if
          I believe that this is the "preferred" method. After capture of the userid you can then set your username up like I have done i.e. by setting a session variable. So you might go with:

session.vuserid = alltrim(pUser.userID)+"@webaddress.net"

Also, avoid using Userid as the seesion variable name. Just to keep things straight I always preface session variables with a "v". Keeps me out of trouble.

Hope this helps.

Charlie

Comment

Hi Cahrlie

Thanks for the reply.

I am a little confused as to how I should setup the above and what variables I need to declar. Also what is the session.vusername doing. Sorry to be a plonker.

Chris

Comment

Don't know what a "ploker" is, but I may be one too.

In place of the code you showed, insert the following:

Code:
              dim session.vuserid as c=""

if eval_valid("pUser.userid") = .T. then 
              session.vuserid = alltrim(pUser.userID)+"@webaddress.net"
              end if

response.redirect("rsp_portal_tabbedUI.a5w")
              DO NOT use userid as a variable as that is a reserved word for security. Use the vuserid variable on the page you are redirecting to.

That should do it.

Good luck,

Charlie

Comment

Error:Script:" /rspnm/login_processing.a5w" line:21
                Variable "pUser" not found.

Charlie I get this message which of the above variables need declaring and are they character or numeric. Does it make any difference that I am using SQL.

cHRIS

Comment

Charlie

I have found that I need dim pUser as p

I have done that but unfortuantely I still have the same issue.

CHRIS

Comment

Sorry yes, you need to dim that variable. But if you did so, what is the message you are gettng now?

It does not matter that you are using SQL. You are dealing with the security settings.

Have you set security up and defined your login user?

Charlie

Comment

Charlie

I am still getting the same original issue where first time in No Records are selected logout and back in there they are.

I have had a look at the a5w_info and no variables are set first time in - secongd time they appear.

Chris

Comment

OK. So this means that you are getting by the session setup.

On the filter for your page try email_address = session.vuserid

Other than that I'm out of guesses.

Charlie

Comment

Charlie

That just gave me an error message.

Thanks very for helping me tonight.

I will let you know when I solve it.

Thanks

Chris
                          Chris

Comment

Well, it might be best if you published an example. I am sure that many more people will weigh in on what can/cannot be done.

Charlie

Comment

Working...
                            X