Alpha Video Training

Thread: How do i setup email confirmation request link to new registered users email?

Real Name
    M

Default How do i setup email confirmation request link to new registered users email?

Dear all,
    I am very excited building my first web app using A5 V11, but i am stacked on one place.
    I used the server side event "afterDialogValidate"event and able to send email and redirect to thank you page to new registered users, but i couldn't figure out how to setup the confirmation link with confirmation landing page, and also, I need the account to be deactivated till they login to their email account and click the confirmation link.
    Any help appreciated.
    Best,

Real Name
    Satyanarayana Lella

Default Re: How do i setup email confirmation request link to new registered users email?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenju View Post
    Dear all,
    I am very excited building my first web app using A5 V11, but i am stacked on one place.
    I used the server side event "afterDialogValidate"event and able to send email and redirect to thank you page to new registered users, but i couldn't figure out how to setup the confirmation link with confirmation landing page, and also, I need the account to be deactivated till they login to their email account and click the confirmation link.
    Any help appreciated.
    Best,

Can you see whether this link is useful or not.

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...760#post620760

Real Name
    Steve Wood

Default Re: How do i setup email confirmation request link to new registered users email?

The way I do it is to enforce double opt-in user registration. They register, and the reg process generates a normal web_users record with their password and assigned security groups temporarily stored as encrypted values. It then sends a confirmation email with a link they have to click; the link has an encrypted parameter that matches up to their web_users record. The link goes to a register.a5w page that processes their registration. It creates a security framework record, purges the web_users record of their password and security groups and toggles that record from PENDING to ACTIVE. If they fail to complete the registration in 5 days, it sends a reminder. Then it automatically purges the PENDING record after 10 days if they never follow through.

You can go register at www.alphadevnet.com for an example.
    Steve Wood
    Join the ALPHA DEVELOPERS NETWORK
    There is no Cloud. It's just someone else's computer.
    Web - Mobile - Hosting - Products - Frameworks - Developer Resources
    AlphaToGo | IADN (100% Alpha Anywhere Websites)

Real Name
    M

Hi Steve,
    I registered and that is what i am trying to apply, and also found an old thread on this link

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...w-Users-Online

Is Registration Components included in V11?
    If yes, please point me the location to config the double opt-in user registration in V11?

Thank you for your time.

Real Name
    Steve Wood

The discussion refers to my Web App Framework, sold at www.alphatogo.com. It includes double opt-in user registration. I just finished an update to the Framework, all native V11 now.
    Steve Wood

Real Name
    M

Steve,
    Could you please direct me how I can setup that.
    I have A5 V11.

Thanks

Real Name
    Steve Wood

Its too many steps to describe in detail here. I take their registration details in a normal form, storing their password encrypted in a temporary table. Then I send them an email with a link that includes something like register.a5w?id=afdlwjkelrnlkvnclk334kn3l where that long string is the users ID in the temp table. Then when they click that link the A5W page processes their registration, looks to see if they are already registered, and if not, moves their temporary record to permement users table and run all the steps to add them to Alpha Five's security framework.
    Steve Wood

Real Name
    M

Thanks for your reply.
    But don't you think that is a very important step that need a video tutorial for new a5 developer?

I love A5.

Thanks again.

Real Name
    Steve Wood

The only thing that would suffice is for me to break out the double opt-in registration from my AlphaToGo Framework. It is pretty integrated with the Framework, but I could break it out.
    Steve Wood

Real Name
    M

I appreciate taking your time to make this happen.
    Some how if it can be available as template or as feature pack will be great, but how and When do you think it will be available for use?

Real Name
    Dietmar Jahnel

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wood View Post
    The only thing that would suffice is for me to break out the double opt-in registration from my AlphaToGo Framework. It is pretty integrated with the Framework, but I could break it out.
    I could need the double opt-in registration as well, but don't need the whole framework. I would buy it immediately!
    Dietmar

Real Name
    M

Steve,
    Any update regarding double opt-in registration ?

Thanks.

Real Name
    M

Steve,
    Any update regarding double opt-in registration ?

Thanks.

Real Name
    Rob Polley

Steve,

First, thanks for all your help here!

Second, I've registered for alphadevnet and am looking for the example of double opt in registration, but can't seem to find it. Is it a document, or do you mean your framework product has it built in? I'm a bit stubborn, and want to do it myself.

Many thanks!

--Rob

Real Name
    Steve Wood

Second, I've registered for alphadevnet and am looking for the example of double opt in registration, but can't seem to find it.
    When you registered you went through the double opt-in registration.

I will try to break this out separate from my Framework this week.
    Steve Wood

Real Name
    Rob Polley

Steve,

Oh, right; I get it now. I thought it was a technical example that we could open and see. I know you wrote a white paper on this awhile ago, but I think it's moved from its original location. I'd love to read it if possible.

Many thanks!

--Rob

Real Name
    M

Steve,
    Did you get time to work on the double opt in registration?

Thanks for your time.

Eddie

Real Name
    M

Hi Steve,
    Could you please let us know the status of double opt-in registration that you planed to break it out from your Framework?

I couldn't publish my application because of that.

Thanks.

Real Name
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wood View Post
    Its too many steps to describe in detail here. I take their registration details in a normal form, storing their password encrypted in a temporary table. Then I send them an email with a link that includes something like register.a5w?id=afdlwjkelrnlkvnclk334kn3l where that long string is the users ID in the temp table. Then when they click that link the A5W page processes their registration, looks to see if they are already registered, and if not, moves their temporary record to permement users table and run all the steps to add them to Alpha Five's security framework.
    Is there any one interested creating a video that will show the above quoted email confirmation process in a single or multiple video tutorial?
    I am willing to pay you and know that this video will be available for free to every one through this msgboard.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Eddie