Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Fun Topic: Show off your work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fun Topic: Show off your work!

Originally posted by mvaughn View Post
    Oversight on my part, thank you for pointing that out. Is SSL fairly easy to implement? Any tips?
    The SSL part is pretty simple - purchase an ssl certificate (I use rapidssl certs purchased through a reseller). Install the cert into your WAS. Force all traffic for login / data forms to use the ssl port (usually 443). You must also check your database to be sure you are saving the sensitive information in encrypted form. The information I saw on your page should be protected more than credit card information (PCI Compliance) as you have everything an identity thief would need all on one form.

Be sure you have a good antivirus and firewall setup for the WAS server. I would be inclined to keep the SQL data on a non-windows server (I use Centos 6.2) to reduce the chances of your data being compromised.

Hope this helps.

Brad

Comment

I was simply pointing out facts that some need to follow to prevent legal issues. Here is a quote from DiviantArt FAQ:

Can I use the works which I find on deviantART?

DeviantART possesses no ownership claim in any submission and cannot grant you any license or permission for use, only the artist may do so.

All original works found in the deviantART galleries are the copyrighted property of the submitting artist. If you want to use a work you will need to ask permission from the artist, who is free to set whatever terms and conditions they wish. You should always ask permission before using any work which was created by another artist.

To contact a member of deviantART, you may use whatever contact information the artist may have provided on their profile page, or you may send a personal note to the artist if you have your own deviantART account.

Stock submissions and certain submissions marked with a Creative Commons License already have certain terms and conditions attached and can be used without directly contacting the artist providing that you obey the rules set for each work (which may vary from work to work and from artist to artist).
      http://help.deviantart.com/94/

Comment

Regarding custom buttons, searching for freebies will only get you so far. Say for example I need 5 or 6 custom buttons for my site and go after the ones available through various sites. I'll end up with a couple from one site, another from a different site, etc etc etc. The end result is a group of nice buttons but the formatting and styles are different and don't look good when presented side by side.

Often the really nice ones are watermarked (rightfully so)

And all this takes time. Speaking for myself, I start with a mental vision of how I want the page to look and then sketch it on paper. Then I bop thru a bunch of site downloading pictures and graphics and always end up with a mix-and-match that doesn't work well as a whole. For me, it's time to dive into the artistic side of doing alot of this myself. I have some free time over the Thanksgiving holiday and will be trying out Paintshop Pro and Xara 3D Maker

Comment

Lets get back on topic :)
          So far I've seen some great examples on customizing the look and feel of the GUI. Anyone else care to share what they've done?
          Rapid Development, Training, Support
          http://data2web.network
          903-740-2549

Comment

Choco-Mint Grid. The flavors compliment the background.
            Freeform: http://ablejobs.us
            choco-mint.jpg
            903-740-2549

Comment

OK, I am going to give everyone a free account login to check out what I am doing so far. This is a SAAS application I built for the wildlife control industry hosted by ZebraHost. There is some test data in there for you to get the "idea" but new users are asked to fill out the reference library prior to actually putting the application to work. The technician app is god-awful slow loading and in re-design so you can skip that part.

First of all my html website (on port 80, served by Alpha) was built with Serif WebPlus8
              www.nwcopro.com
              on the website you can click MEMBER LOGIN and that will take you to https:www.nwcopro.com which is also served by Alpha on port 443 so I am running two instances here.
              If you want to login and have a look around and I mean a full access account ---- do what you want and give me some feedback. I have some animations on submit and all of the buttons are custom ones I made myself.
              For login
              Email: [email protected]
              PW: qazwsx

and yes 10 of you could be logged in at the same time so if a record gets updated oddly, lol just remember that you might not be the only one editing a record. This isn't a problem obviously for a single user acount - just this since I am putting it out there for yall to check out.

Thanks for input and looking!

Charles
              NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

We have not got there yet but I have been playing with the grid.

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/freelance/grid.a5w

I have posted this before but if you follow through to the contact pages you will see how responsive V11 can be

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/c...I_admin_cp.a5w

This is a commercial website for my son please don't order unless you are in Hong kong

http://bagoes.hk/index.a5w

Here is the beginning of an iPad app

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/wineapps/wine.a5w

Here is a little piece of Bootstrap in an Alpha UX

Input form.png

Comment

If you don't know your way around the contact pages can be difficult to find

http://smg.datadrivensystems.co.uk/contact/f-left-1.a5w

They use custom components and are all powered by the database.

http://datadrivensystems.co.uk/index.a5w#contact

Is our pretend website but it was purely built to try to stop the indonesians being Asain from a design point of view.

Only bagoes is a working website the rest are just research and training.

I want to deliver a styling and template system for Alpha but at the moment we are very busy.

Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,
                    Love the modern, flat look of your grid. Did you use freeform or css to get that look?
                    903-740-2549

Comment

Hi Charles, Nicely done on your web site. I especially like the scrollable form effect.
                      And you really know how to grab someones attention with the fonts that you use.
                      903-740-2549

Comment

The pagination was quite a bit of JavaScript and then styled with Bootstraps standard CSS. I moved the parts about with the freeform.

All the styling uses Alpha classes. We have a less file of the Alpha CSS so as we change the CSS in a class we get access to our variables.

Michael

Comment

Here's a new login page that I've been working on:

Login.jpg ChangePass.jpg

Stephen
                          Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.5.2 Build 8867-5691 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Comment

Michael, When you free up some time, please do take us through styling an AA application, CSS and the works. Believe many would love to know how.
                            Regards,

Kotin Karwak
                            Developer Edition
                            Version 12.3 Build 2684
                            System Addins: Build 4438
                            Build machine Windows Vista

Comment

Hey Stephen.
                              Login screen looks sharp.
                              I would recommend matching your fonts to your banner header for symmetry.
                              903-740-2549

Comment

Hi Koten,
                                Personally, I do the majority of my design work in html freeform as I can pretty much achieve whatever look I'm after quickly.
                                My example above was made using a stock alpha css template with a two row table as freeform. That way I could select the cell background and foreground colors. I then embedded the A5 object into an iframe and inserted that into the html page to achieve seamless integration.
                                903-740-2549

Comment

Working...
                                X