New call-to-action

Thread: Error writing dates to SQL table - Get "Requested function is not supported"

Real Name
    Al Vasaris

Default Error writing dates to SQL table - Get "Requested function is not supported"

I have a table that has a up-datable date field that is blank to start with in the sql table. Using a date picker for the entry, then using "submit" a red circle appears next to the record with a message that says "requested function is not supported". I've tried changing to datetime and various display format options, but this is not solving the problem.

Real Name
    Lee Cook

Default Re: Error writing dates to SQL table - Get "Requested function is not supported"

I had a huge problem with the dates but now I'm ok. I set the data type to date in sql and I use the <defaultdateonlyFormat> for the date picker.

Real Name
    Al Vasaris

Default Re: Error writing dates to SQL table - Get "Requested function is not supported"

I tried setting the SQL data type to "date" and used <defaultdateonlyFormat> for the date picker and I STILL get the error. Using most current downloaded versions and patches for v11.

Real Name
    Al Vasaris

I discovered that the grid with the date fields in it works fine by itself and also works fine when that grid is a "linked grid" in another grid. This is running live preview locally but using the same sql data link. The error appears when the linked grid runs on the actual A5 web server. Both the development software and the web server software are up to date with the all the download patches from Alpha.