Alpha Video Training

Thread: "Send Email Message" Using Action Script in "afterDialogValidate"

Real Name
    Dale Bradt

Default "Send Email Message" Using Action Script in "afterDialogValidate"

I'm wanting to send an email when a user submits a request. I'm using a Dialog2 and the following in the afterDialogValidate in the server side events.

if rtc.flagRecordWasSaved then

'To edit this action, place insertion point anywhere in the command, then click the 'Action Scripting' button'.
    ExecuteServerSideAction("Send E-mail Message::Send_message_New_Request")

end if

I have exhausted the combinations of:
    SMTP server port
    SSL Option
    E-mail account user name
    E-mail account password

Using WAS on our company Intranet. It is strictly an inter company application. Our company Email application is Outlook on an Exchange server.

My goal is just to get notified that a new request has been posted to a table. The dialog2 component collects all the fields and posts to a table in the database just fine. I just can't get the email to work. It fails every time.

I have other .asp web pages that collect data and send an email using href without all the SMTP information without issue. (Using MS Office Sharepoint Designer)

Looking for a simple solution that does not use any authentication.

I'm new at A5V11 Web stuff. So far I have been pretty successful but this email thing has got me down.
    BTW, I have been through all the videos at least twice on this subject.

"Certified" Alphaholic iRadiate's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stephen

Default Re: "Send Email Message" Using Action Script in "afterDialogValidate"

Just a thought Dale, assuming all your mail config settings are correct, do you have the .NET option checked in the action scripting settings.
    As I recall, I had to check this in order to get our Groupwise intranet email to work, even though I was told it should make no difference.

Stephen

Real Name
    Dale Bradt

Oh my! I can't believe my eyes.
    Thank you Stephen. Like you said, even though it says it should not matter, it did! No idea why, but as soon as I checked the box and tested locally it worked. Now to see if it will work from my application server.

Anyone know what issues I may have with getting this to work the best with WAS?

Real Name
    Dale Bradt

I'm happy to say that this works on my server too!

Now to see if I can get around this 90 day password change of the email account.

Thanks again Stephen!