Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

question about alpha subscribeh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: question about alpha subscribeh

Paul,

No disrespect meant ever! My view is different. I am working on a very large website that the was cannot handle and there is no "was" type server involved. I wish alpha could handle it.

I have made several apps using one was, so I know how. Each pass through(was purchase) does add to the expense of the final product. In other words, each was purchased does add to the expense of that project. Also remember that I generally do not broadcast my tools to any client I do work for. I sell the work and not the backside. I also make downloadable/cd type apps for desktop. Can you imagine if I made those using the was?? These are mostly(not all) inexpensive and one is a free app for veterans.
    Dave Mason
    [email protected]
    Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Dave,

No offence even taken ... and apologies for appearing blunt. I was merely being direct.

As you may have seen on the thread that was taken down, last night ... "Way To Go Alpha" ... AS DOES have some very large web users of A5. Richard partially listed some ... if my memory serves me, only a partial list ...

A VERY large software company's inventory system.
      A 22,000 employee insurance company
      A 700-store retail chain.

Unfortunately, confidentiality issues prevent identification of these entities and case studies on how they are using A5.

To me, this is a MAJOR rub, as these type of A5 users are the very ones that need to be showcased by AS ... to create a much-needed seismic shift in perception of A5's applicability to very large IT projects.
      Last edited by Paullm; 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I can understand the confidential nature as I have a bunch of car dealers that I cannot say anything about. It would help me if I could.

It did seem there was a little heat behind that post as thinking it was a "I'll show you it can".

The how it was done was also left out. I think the concurrent user part is ok, but the actual hits at one time could kill them. If you have 22000 people logged on to ONE was at a given time, it would surprise me. If you had 22000 logged in over a bunch of (say 20) was, it would not surprise me near as much. In other words, more answers needed.

A very large software companies inventory? What inventory? a list of software titles, even including a count of each ready to ship? Maybe a store for same? Don't tell me they couldn't make their own system without alpha?

I can make a 30,000, 2 seat sport car capable of carrying a Sherman tank! It may not be pretty, definitely not sporty, and cost way over $30,000, but it will carry a Sherman tank.
        Dave Mason
        [email protected]
        Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

As I recall, the partial list of big installations was on one post and the claim/mechanics re: handling high-transaction volumes was on another.

Richard mentioned that using a load-balancer in front of multiple server boxes/WAS is how it would work. (This kind of setup is how any large-scale website would operate, actually). There was a request to contact him for details of both the setup and integration with IIS (???).

Unfortunately, this kind of information is what needs to be published here or somewhere on the AS website ... not kept under lock and key!

Having a great product is not much good if you wont or are unable to divulge at least something about it!

Comment

Dave you are right that "The question is mostly: what happens after you have had the subscription for a period of time and then opt out, can you still use the product(s). "

But also, if you have paid or very nearly paid for 12 months subscription and during that subscription period you have not received a significant "general productivity" enhancement (and I don't mean the promised mobile anywhere version which is apparently well past its due date), then what have you been paying for?
            So, when you start to get emails offering you a subscription deal that even when discounted is 30% more than you are/were paying, and you start to think, hold on here, I'm really caught between a rock and a hard place now, and I am not getting any feedback from my supplier (formally or informally through the forum), what do I do now?
            Do I:
            a) take a risk and stop subscribing in the hope that Alpha do the right thing
            or
            b) take a view that this particular supplier is prone to throw toys out of the pram if an uppity user questions their customer relations, and having paid them a lot of money already, continue to subscribe at a huge hike in the monthly cost

I have stated several times in earlier deleted threads that I believe in a financially strong supplier and I personally do not have a problem with a properly administered subscription model with clearly set out terms and conditions, but I also expect to see something back from the supplier and being the customer, I expect aspects of the enhancements to be generally in line with what the majority of the customer base have wished for...

I will not be surprised if this is deleted as well...

Paulm - I will not be bad mouthing anywhere else, just here on this forum...

Paul
            Last edited by pulsoft; 01-10-2013, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Paul D,

It's a tough call ...

if you originally bought V11 outright, then you should be able to continue using the software ... ASSUMING there was no wording in the agreement you signed up on, effectively changing your license to subscription only.

That being said, a new outright purchase of V11 would be equivalent to 2-3 months of subscription payments. That might be a better option for you, but obviously a lot depends on what you want to use A5 for ... and also what's in the Alpha pipeline over the coming months.

Tough call.

Comment

Wow
                Am really shocked that until now
                Alpha team has not answerd to this thread

Pls I really want to know when alpha any where for mobile is coming guys
                Whats the use of subscribing if I dont know when its coming
                If there is issue I would like you to share it with me I think its my right to know
                I am going to just buy the v11 ineasted of subscribing if I dont know when this is coming
                To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color is like living in Alaska and being against snow.�

- William Faulkner

Comment

Ahmed,

I am not one of the testers, but am sure much(if not all) is in beta testing now. I am not advising you or anyone else to do anything or not! I do not know what or when it is coming.

You might try an email to [email protected] . He might respond with some information.
                  Dave Mason
                  [email protected]
                  Skype is dave.mason46

Comment

Working...
                  X